Kuala Lumpur Travel Answers

change location
kitsou's Profile Photo

advice please

by kitsou Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I will be travelling to KL at the end of March. I have about 2 weeks in Malaysia in total. How many days should I devote to KL? I am not a shopper, but a culture-vulture. I am thinking of staying in a private home in a homestay. What would be a good, and safe area to stay in? I don't plan to go out at night.
What would be a reasonable itinerary for my 2 week stay?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: advice please

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM

You can easily spend 4-5 days in KLand see interesting new things every day.

and there is no reason to worry about safety really.
    KL does not have any parts that are dangorous if you ask me.
    Most of it is very middle class and even the more poor neighbourhoods i have been to have been very calm.

I have spend several weeks cycling around Malaysia and still never been to a place where i felt unsafe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I would suggest two full days in KL to wander around Chinatown, visit Petronas Towers, and take a trip to the end of the train line to visit the fantastic Hindu Temple at Batu Caves (30 min by train from Sentral). Stay at Bukit Bintang and eat at Jalan Alor---a great street with restaurants and food stalls. I stayed at Pondok Lodge, although not a homestay the people were very friendly and it is comparitively cheap, inc breakfast. It is very central within walking distance of many attractions.
    While you are in Malaysia i suggest you see Malaka, the Highlands, Taman Negara, Cherating and perhaps one of the islands...

Check out VT pages regarding things to do and visit my KL page for a few ideas.

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

by mikelisaanna Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

You can easily spend 3 or 4 days in KL, including a daytrip to the Batu caves. If you like culture, visit the Islamic Arts Museum and the National Museum.

WIth regards to other places to see in Malaysia, defintely visit Melaka, which has a lot of history and a number of interesting small museums. Our favorite was the Baba Nonya Heritage Museum in Melaka's Chinatown.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kuala Lumpur