Kuala Lumpur Travel Answers

change location
ozpaul's Profile Photo

Poh in KL

by ozpaul Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM

In Australia - maybe shown elsewehere - we have a TV show called Poh's Kitchen. In one episode, she was cooking in KL and she visited a street at night where there are plenty of outside restaurants, food stalls, etc. I have searched everywhere for the name of this street but have not been able to find it. We will be visiting KL later this year and we would love to visit this area. Many thanks.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • hana1802's Profile Photo

Re: Poh in KL

by hana1802 Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Poh is Malaysian, so obviously she knows all the good places! :) Well, Malaysia is chock full of streets where there are food stalls and shopping at night. Every town has one!

While i haven't watched the episode where she was in KL, my guess is that she was at Petaling Street. Check out this link and see if this is what you saw. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petali... or virtualmalaysia.com/destinat...

Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I haven't seen the episode either but my guess is that it would be Jalan Alor in Bukit Bintang, it's maybe 200 or 300 m long with restaurants on one side and hawker stands with tables on the other side. We spent 5 days in KL last year and ate there every night.

• Re: Poh in KL

by christo255 Online Now Apr 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Don't worry about the streets, it would only make the pain worse. KL is a wonderful place with so many streets lined up with food stalls, restaurants, vendors etc
    Try out all these places as and when you see them including China Town street food, where I have had the best meal ever.

• Stepwalk's Profile Photo

by Stepwalk Online Now Apr 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM

The episode took place in Jalan Alor but as people have said, there are plenty of good eating areas including Jalan Petaling.

• ozpaul's Profile Photo

by ozpaul Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Thanks everyone. I checked out images of Jalon Alor and this was the place. Many thanks for all your responses!!

• limkahwan's Profile Photo

by limkahwan Online Now Apr 13, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Ha...Ha....many choice but cannot decide. E-mail Poh she will be happy to reply you. Wish you good luck.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kuala Lumpur