Kuala Lumpur Travel Answers

change location
IMJ's Profile Photo

Melaka or Putrajaya?

by IMJ Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Pls,advise me,which one i should visit?
- Melaka: is the bus from puduraya station?
- will I be able to find a cheap ride to give me a tour there?
- roughly, how much will I spend for getting there and sightseeing?
Puttajaya: same questions.
Thank you.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Melaka or Putrajaya?

by davidjo Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Melaka is 2 hrs away by bus and costs around 20 ringit as far as i remember. Never been to Puttajay so cannot compare but Melaka has many historical sites, including the fort, the townhouse, Chinese temples, Chinese Hill, Hang Li Po Wall. Victoria Fountain and many other things to keep you occupied

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • limkahwan's Profile Photo

by limkahwan Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM

The normal bus cost you RM12.50 and the VIP cost RM22.00. For my recommendation, I prefer Malacca. It has more value for tourists, whereas Putra Jaya is a new township where you can see most of the government office e.g. Prime Minister and his residence. You can check and learn more of the KL-Malacca Coach service : journeymalaysia.com/ptamelak...

• IMJ's Profile Photo

by IMJ Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Thank u! Will check out Melaka than. What abt a ride,is it easy to find some ride to give u a tour,or iseverything close to each other,u can walk?

• drandy's Profile Photo

by drandy Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Definitely Melaka- which is a very historic part of Malaysia- you can see the relics from ancient Malacca civilisation, right from its founding by a Sumatran Prince, Melaka sultanate, Admiral Cheng Ho and the visits from Chinese during the Ming Dynasty, and later the Baba-Nyonya culture, the Portugese, Dutch, Japanese and British occupation.
    Putrajaya is a very new city - just the administrative centre for the Malayisan Federal government, unimpressive modern buildings.
    You can get bus to Melaka from Puduraya.

• IMJ's Profile Photo

by IMJ Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Thx!

• Re: Melaka or Putrajaya?

by wentbytrain Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Bus to MLK NOT from Puduraya (which is a BUSstesyen and quite different as Putrajaya town), but from BTS= Bandar tasik Selatan, right beside KTMB komuter tren or LRT/Rapid KL stop.

• ll_angel86's Profile Photo

by ll_angel86 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Definitely check out Melaka. There is so much more to see and do there. Putrajaya has beautiful scenery and is much more peaceful than KL, but nothing much besides that.

• by tweetyeve Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Definitely Melaka more unique... you can take bus from KL, 2D1N you will only need around $150 to $200 is more than enough..

• by tweetyeve Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Definitely Melaka more unique... you can take bus from KL, 2D1N you will only need around $150 to $200 is more than enough..

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

by SLLiew Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I have been to both Putrajaya and Melaka. Putrajaya is hot and boring - just monumental buildings, bridges, man-made lakes. Definitely Melaka. You can do it on your own easily. Just go to Puduraya and go to the counter and get a VIP bus to Melaka - about 2 hours to reach Melaka Sentral Bus station which is about 20 minutes away from downtown Melaka. You can take a local bus to Dutch Square. Here is where all the historic buidlings like Red Studhuys including the Museum, the Fort Santiago and St Paul Church - take a trishaw ride to save your legs although it is walking distance. You can go to the Melaka Mall to cool down. Then proceed to Jonker Street, which is across the river from Dutch Square and try the famous Hainanese Chicken rice which around lunch time - the famous one near the bridge has a 20 minutes queue. Jonker Street has many stalls which open at night too especially weekend. You can catch the night bus, 8pm to get back to KL. In Melaka, you can take the bus, taxi or trishaw. For taxi and trishaw, make you agreed on the desitnation and price first. Taxi should be RM20-30. Have fun.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kuala Lumpur