Kuala Lumpur Travel Answers

change location
beka1121's Profile Photo

Immigration

by beka1121 Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

my son is a special child who don't want to sign and afraid to do the finger print, so what do i need, aside from passport in order to pass the immigration, we are going to KL then to Singapore.  I need your advice.  Thank you.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM

You don't need to give fingerprints for entry to Malaysia and Singapore. However, you need to fill immigration forms. If your son does not want to sign, he can still fill the form and scribble something like a signature. If you go altogether to the customs, it will be fine. If you need info about KL and SG, you can check my pages.
    "KL - The capitol of Malaysia" - Kuala Lumpur by muratkorman
    "My new stop Singapore" - Singapore by muratkorman

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sdq's Profile Photo

Re: Immigration

by sdq Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I have two special children, my brother's sons, most of the time we travel and last year we went to Dubai > KL > Singapore > KL and Dubai there where a lot of finger prints required we have trained them in such a way that this machine is like a game so they find it fun rather than be afraid of it. Try it on your child as he has to do it now and than on this trip and for the signature train him to write his name and make it his signature we did the same and so far we succeded.

1 member found this helpful

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I entered Malaysia by air twice in 2011 and both times i had to give fingerprints, so he will be required to do this unless the system has changed!

• limkahwan's Profile Photo

by limkahwan Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Yes, Now a day, we used to have the electronic scanning device at the immigration which need your thumb to verify. For your case I think you can ask the immigration officer to help you. you can e-mail to them and forward your enquires. http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/ I hope this will help. Wish you luck and happy travelling.

• drandy's Profile Photo

by drandy Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM

There is no need to fingerprint or sign at the immigration check point.
    You will have to fill in the embarkation/disembarkation cards, you can sign on his behalf.
    Just how old is he?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kuala Lumpur