Kuala Lumpur Travel Answers

change location
beka1121's Profile Photo

how many hours from KL to Singapore

by beka1121 Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 7:03 AM

how many hours from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore by bus? what is the name of the bus and how much is the fare

Quote & Answer
20 Answers
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Re: how many hours from KL to Singapore

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 7:17 AM

by bus its about 6 hrs. Many bus companies u can choose from. U can use easybook.com

price varies depends on standard or luxury seats..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fachd's Profile Photo

by fachd Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

There are several companies that do the service. Roughly it takes about six hours with few stops.

transtar.com.sg/olcoachquery...

singaporemalaysiabus.com/kua...

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM

5-6 hours costing from 32 RM and upwards depending on the standard of the bus

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM

The bus takes about 6 hours and there are a few companies operating. You can also reach Singapore by train or flight, but flight will be costly and the train will take longer than the bus.

• Re: how many hours from KL to Singapore

by tweetyeve Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 2:21 AM

5~6 hours
    you can purchase online for bus tickets as well.
    Below are some companies for your reference.
    Sometimes air asia have promotion for flight tickets to Singapore which might be the same as bus tickets or sometimes can be cheaper.
    kbes.com.my/Main/Main.asp?pa...
    grassland.com.sg/public_html...

• seluang's Profile Photo

by seluang Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 3:17 AM

For a cheaper option, you can take a bus from TBS ( KL ) to Larkin Bus Station in Johor Baharu (4hr). There are more option and frequency for KL to Johor Baharu trip. Then, you can take a taxi or bus to Singapore.

• sesudin's Profile Photo

by sesudin Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Heard about tiger airways that got cheap fare from kl to singapore, also they got air asia and firefly.. but for more convenience use malaysia airlines with higher rate

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 6:55 AM

if u fly u have to be at the airport early enough for check-in, immigrtaion, etc. n the airport is not exactly in city center.. so all in with transfer, check-in, flight, will be about 4 hrs. If u take budget airline check-in luggage is extra. And budget airlines are notorious for delays. I would especially avoid Tiger.

Standard bus ticket is only about $30. If u want a bit of luxury with in-bus entertainment prolly around $50. Some buses even have seats with massages. Different bus companies depart from different location within KL city center, so may want to find one which is convenient to where u are located. I would not stop at JB but instead to go all the way to Singapore. The price difference is not much n less hassle of transferring transport. Established bus companies include Transtar, Aeroline, Five Stars, Starmart, Gunung Raya, etc.

by WineBuffTraveller Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 7:46 AM

The bus drones down an ugly modern motorway - the train may take a bit longer, but it takes you in a relaxed fashion along the old colonial railway, far more historic and far more civilised - www.ktmb.com.my 

Air-conditioned daytime express trains leave KL Sentral at 09:00 (arriving Singapore Woodlands at 16:00) and 14:06 (arriving 20:25), and there's a comfortable overnight sleeper at 23:00 (arriving 06:35)

The fare is RM34 ($10) in 2nd class or RM68 ($21) in 1st class.  Or RM43 with a 2nd class sleeper on the night train, which also saves a hotel bill and is fun too!

1 member found this helpful

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:02 AM

yes if u have more time the old train can be nostalgic.. i love it too..

by palaknaga Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Bus ride is between 3.5 to 4hours tops. ignore those who says its quicker than that. With traffic jams, crawls on the causeway, the PLUS highway and all, it takes that long. Unless you're driving a Beemer or Lexus on your own, yup ...it'll be just over 2 hours! Flash!!! Watch out for the crawl at the Seremban-Nilai stretch of the PLUS H-way. If you are impatient, take a flight. 35 mins tops.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Singapore to KL is 315kms so i would be extremely surprised that it could be driven in just over 2 hrs considering the traffiic congestion leaving and arriving at both cities.

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 3:12 AM

he is driving a ferrari... n i would not take that bus if it takes only 4 hrs from KL to Singapore. Perhaps up to JB. Singapore to Malacca by bus is already 3 hrs or a bit more. I used to drive to KL from Singapore n it took me 5 hrs, with eating stop in between. Driving to Malacca is 2 hrs.

• limkahwan's Profile Photo

by limkahwan Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 6:38 AM

You will enjoy more and save a little if you use the train. buy an over night train that leave KL in the evening and reach Singapore in the morning you can check KTM web site for more details.

• chin_cw_48's Profile Photo

by chin_cw_48 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Roughly 4 to 5 Hours

• limkahwan's Profile Photo

by limkahwan Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Yes, like our fellow VTers said average 4 hours give and take. The fare RM40.00++depend on the pypes of bus. Most importantly when you are at the immigration for passport validation many used to face problems, e.g. baggage left in the bus and the bus left without the passengers.

• by palaknaga Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM

yes, 300+km betw. KL and Spore ...but if you were to drive FAST (I mean fast!), It's possible -with speeding tickets along the way that many neglect to pay until it's time to renew their road tax discs. * It has been done mate but not in an Aveo, Punto or Kancil!

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM

haha.. sure anything can be done, but I am law abiding person, but more importantly I have passengers with me, and traveling should be fun and safe.. though some find thrill in the fast and furious lane with speeding tickets along the way...

by jemickbiz Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 4:27 AM

why bus? you can got a fast and cheap flight by using air asia service, check it out by clicking link below:
    Kuala Lumpur to Singapore

• RaphaelS's Profile Photo

by RaphaelS Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 1:03 AM

I know of a website that provide bus booking service. http://www.easibook.com with all the needed information as well. Such as the company, review, travel time and etc. check it out.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kuala Lumpur