Kuala Lumpur Travel Answers

change location
Ruchei's Profile Photo

Nice affordable place next to KUL airport?

by Ruchei Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Hi! I will have just the night to spend in KL and would like to stay close to the airport. I have not found anything good close by though - one nearby hotel is super expensive (Sama Sama) and another one is affordable but has many bad reviews (Concorde). There is a father away B&B which is nice (Rumah Putih), but sounds like it takes 20-30 min to get there by taxi - probably not ideal for an early flight. Anything else you know of?

Thank you!

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Re: Nice affordable place next to KUL airport?

by lotharscheer Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM

If you fly from the low cost terminal (Air Asia), Tune Hotel is allmost in walking distance (but at least 20 minutes from the other terminal), they are a bit like low cost airlines, prices change constantly and every extra you have to pay (like towels or aircon), never stayed in them, look a bit impersonal but cheap and very near.
    http://www.tunehotels.com/my

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • suzwa's Profile Photo

by suzwa Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 8:12 AM

there's a Tune hotel near the KLIA/LCCT airports, which is cheap but decent (owned by the Air Asia group) - it's about 150 MYR a night. They even have a 3-hour refresher package if you won't be there long between flights.

• sdq's Profile Photo

by sdq Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Tune Hotel - KLIA-LCCT*** Airport is 1.01km, Sama-Sama Hotel***** Kuala Lumpur International Airport is 1.02km, Concorde Inn*** Kuala Lumpur International Airport Hotel is 1.87km, Bary Inn KLIA** is 4.41km, The YouniQ Hotel*** is 4.42km. Therefore you can select which one is more suitable * indicates the rating of the hotel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I agree with the others that Tune Hotel would be the most convenient as it is alomost within walking distance of the LCCT. You can actually book it at the airport when you arrive or better still to book it online as it would probably be cheaper and there are occasional offers thet you may be lucky to catch. Also regular buses go there from both KL terminals. I don't know when you arrive that evening but the hotel would be convenient should you decide to spend the evening in KL, only an hour away from Sentral.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM

We stayed one night in the Sama Sama hotel 2 weeks ago. Formerly the Pan Pacific, all rooms have been renovated, they have golf cart type pick up and return from the International airport. The Samma Sama has magnificent outdoor swimming pool, beautiful gardens, nice restaurant and lounge with entertainment at night.

We arrived 3pm and our flight to Perth was 11am next morning. We paid Au$140 for a double room, well worth it.

• chrisloh3030's Profile Photo

by chrisloh3030 Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM

It's better to stay in downtown areas and It takes 45 minutes drive to KLIA. you need to prebook transportation due to your early flight.
    KL downtown has all the actions & food. There are plenty of cheap & good hotels in KL, go search them.

• Ruchei's Profile Photo

by Ruchei Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Thank you! I read terrible reviews on TripAdvisor for Tune...is it really that bad? Thanks!

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

by lotharscheer Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I have seen a room at Tune Penang, it was clean and functional, if you look for stile, boring and the way the builing looks you need to pay the extra for the aircon. I don`t think you will get any service and it has nothing to do with boutique or 5 star... but since it is only for a early plane i would prefer a bit longer to sleep than anything else

• Re: Nice affordable place next to KUL airport?

by palaknaga Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Ruchei, try and get hold of Tune Hotel at the budget terminal (LCCT). Look it up OK? Cheers.

• drandy's Profile Photo

by drandy Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM

are you talking about KLIA main terminal or LCCT?
    There is a Pan Pacific right inside KLIA, for lcct, there is tune hotel, cheap and no frills, but it will add up to a lot if you need things like soap, towel , air cond etc.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kuala Lumpur