Kuala Lumpur Travel Answers

change location

is Bukit bintang an ideal place to stay for a family visitor?

by alirahmans Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

hi friends, is Bukit bintang is ideal place to stay for a family visitor? cos we are 3 with a 4 year old child. heard this place surrounds with pubs and bars. but heard its the best location to stay. any idea or suggestion folks? also what is the best way to book hotel ? either by online earlier or can be manage while we were in KL? I'll be traveling on mid of May 2013. is the month of May season time or off season time ???

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • Re: is Bukit bintang an ideal place to stay for a family visitor?

by alirahmans Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM

alirahmans wrote: hi friends, is Bukit bintang is ideal place to stay for a family visitor? cos we are 3 with a 4 year old child. heard this place surrounds with pubs and bars. but heard its the best location to stay. any idea or suggestion folks? also what is the best way to book hotel ? either by online earlier or can be manage while we were in KL? I'll be traveling on mid of May 2013. is the month of May season time or off season time ???

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: is Bukit bintang an ideal place to stay for a family visitor?

by davidjo Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM

We stayed in Bukit Bintang for a week during the Grand Prix 2 yrs ago and were very pleased with the location. Yes, there are a few pubs around but that should not bother you. We managed to walk to Petronas Towers, Chinatown and other areas, but perhaps with a 4 yr old you may not do this. Nearby is the shopping Mall, and the famous food street of Jalan Alor where there are restaurants and food stalls. The monorail is nearby as well as several local buses that take you to different parts of the city. don't forget to visit Batu Caves, the famous Hindu temple, just at the end of the train line from Sentral.. I booked ahead as it was Grand Prix week so i am not sure about your situation in May. Expect some rain whatever time of the year you visit. Check out my pages on KL to give you an idea of what to do!

1 member found this helpful

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Bukit Bintang is fine for a family. It's not some crazy noisy party place. It's mainly a place with a lot of shopping and a lot of eating. It has some bars but they are not dominating the scene and you are will not see drunk people stagger around the place and it's not like Thailand where bar areas tend to have a lot of open prostitution. I think it's a pretty good place to stay as a family.

by Borisborough Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

We;ve stayed in a hotel on Bukit Bintang and in a guesthouse on a backstreet just off BB. BB is a main shopping street with plenty of restaurants and bars although we have never ever found it unpleasant. Petronas Towers and KL tower are within walking distance. It's an ideal place for a family to stay in KL.

• cal6060's Profile Photo

by cal6060 Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I agree with everyone here. Bukit Bintang place is an ideal place to stay. You can book hotel thru www.agoda.com, www.asiarooms.com . Even I am local, I would book thru those websites cause the rates are the same. Have a great trip!

• owiddi's Profile Photo

by owiddi Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Yup, it's ideal for family trip. Local like me never missed this part of the city whenever i flew to Kuala Lumpur with my children. If you are a shopper, shopping malls are within walking distance. Suggest u book your hotel online. Mid-may is low peak. You can opt to use the Walkway from Bukit Bintang to KLCC .. Have a nice trip

by alirahmans Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM

as u r a local resident i need more info regarding the hotel booking. one of my friend told (not the Malaysian) that we can bargain for a reasonable discount at the hotel doorstep instead of booking online. is it possible?

• gdilieto's Profile Photo

by gdilieto Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I believe the area around KLCC Park (Petronas Twin Towers and surrounding Park) is a better option for a family with access to the Park and KLCC which offers a more relaxed and family-friendly environment than the crowded and hectic Bukit Bintang.

Impiana KLCC hotel is a great 4-star option or, if you have higher budget, Traders or Mandarin Oriental (both facing the Park) or the newly-opened Grand Hyatt. You can book them all through travel reservation portals such as Expedia and alike.

Having hotel reserved before coming into town is a wiser option; KL is packed all the year around.

Enjoy your trip! Giuseppe

• owiddi's Profile Photo

by owiddi Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Well, since you are travelling with kids it's best that you make a reservation in advance. Budget hotels do offer bargains subject to certain t & c.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kuala Lumpur