Kuala Lumpur Travel Answers

change location
lifesaver888's Profile Photo

A good and budget-friendly hotel

by lifesaver888 Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Hi! Does anyone know a centrally located and hotel that's also budget-friendly? I mean one that has easy access to public transportation esp KLIA-city center and near the shopping area. I've been to KL more than 7 yrs ago and this time i want to be more familiar with the city and visit more places as much as possible. Thanks for the info.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Shamala's Profile Photo

Re: A good and budget-friendly hotel

by Shamala Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Hi there,

For an economical choice, would like to recommend YMCA in Brickfields : ymcakl.com/index.php?choice=...">ymcakl.com/index.php?choice=... which is located opposite KL Sentral - the main hub for travelers who travel via various train and bus options. More info: http://www.stesensentral.com/

All the main tourists attractions and major shopping malls can be reached via train and buses. You can also get to KLIA via KLIA Express (also known as ERL : Express Rail Link) which only takes about 35 mins and the train services available every 30 mins. More info can be found here: cuti.my/guide/get2klia.htm#k...">cuti.my/guide/get2klia.htm#k...

Hope this helps.

Regards, Sham

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cal6060's Profile Photo

by cal6060 Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I visited these guesthouses in Bukit Bintang district. I think they are great as what you are looking for. They are nearby major shopping malls in central KL, Jalan Alor Food Street, monorail, lrt train, and KL Free bus, and etc.

They are inexpensive.

"Guesthouses on Tengkat Tong Shin" - Tropical GuestHouse Tip by cal6060

Enjoy your stay!

1 member found this helpful

• leon.partsi's Profile Photo

by leon.partsi Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I like the StayOrange places in Chinatown - close to shopping, the Petronas Towers, Bukit Bintang, etc. They are clean but there is no room for anything other than sleep. Really cheap. Good stuff.

Try booking here: http://www.kl-hotels.com/stayorange/

Cheers, Leon

• Daihappydai's Profile Photo

by Daihappydai Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

There are plenty of good quality budget hotels in the Bukit Bintang area (of course, this all depends on what you mean by budget). Hotel prices in the area tend to increase significantly if they have a pool. Try Agoda or similar website just to get an idea of costs.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kuala Lumpur