Kruger National Park Travel Answers

change location

Accomodation and itinerary for 4 to 5 nights

by screan Online Now Oct 20, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Hello,

We (couple) are arriving to Kruger on October 29, 2011. Since we would like to visit Thulamila ruins and Crook corner, we would like to stay firt night in Punda Maria Camp. After it, we would like to like to proceed through all park to the South and exit R570 or R571 and continue to Swaziland.

Things we would like to do is:

(i) Thulamila ruins and Crook corner;

(ii) night safari in some camp;

(iii) bush walks;

(iv) game drives.

We would like to stay one night in bush camp site. Othernights somewhere (maximum price at 800 Rand/night) where is nice surrounding and possibility to see animals.

So my questions are:

(i) What is your suggested itinerary to continue from Punda Maria Campsite?

(ii) Is it really true that you need to have all you accomodation booked in advance? I just wrote email to park administration and they told me that. I was under impression that you have to have booked just one first nigt (and even that in high season) and not all nights, since we would like to have some freedom which camp to sleep depending where we will end up in the end of the day.

(iii) Do we need to take malaria pills (melarone)? I have bad dreams so I would like to avoid it but if there is hight risk of malaria....

Many thanks in advance, I much appreciate the responses since I spend lots of time on research and no firm answers :-)

Katerina

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Re: Accomodation and itinerary for 4 to 5 nights

by mikelisaanna Online Now Oct 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM

4-5 nights is a lot of time for Kruger. Have you thought about spending one of those days exploring the scenery along the Panarama Route about 90 minutes west of Kruger. It is an area with some of the best scenice views (God's Window, Blyde River Canyon, Wonder View, etc.) and waterfalls in South Africa. You can stay for a night in Hazyview, which is midway between the Panarama Route and Kruger.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kruger National Park