Kruger National Park Travel Answers

change location

South Africa Safari Trip - December 2008

by Jambolet Online Now Sep 11, 2007 at 1:45 PM

I am looking to plan a safari trip to South Africa including a stay at the Kruger National Park in December 2008.

Can anyone provide any advice on the where I can get the best flight deals from along with where we fly to etc.

I note om the KNP website that I can book our accommodation directly with them
so if anyone has any hints or tips on this I would apreciate hearing from you.

Finally,is there anywhere else I should look to visit whilst in this area.

Many Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: South Africa Safari Trip - December 2008

by paullyons Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 7:27 AM

I assume you have your international flight to South Africa arranged. In terms of travelling around I prefere to hire a car in Johannesburg and drive to the Kruger, it's a very scenic journey. If you don't want to drive there are a couple of airports near Kruger. KMI airport to the south sometimes called Neilspruit or Phalaborwa airport to the north west of the kruger Both can be reached from Johannesburg Airport, not very cheap though as only a couple of airlines fly to these and they have the monopoly. To check availability in the Kruger and prices best go through official website, www.sanparks.org, I find it easier to phone them with my details and give credit card details over the phone, much safer
    Once you have done the Kruger Park drive to the West and visit the Mpumalanga area some of the most stunning scenery you will come across. Cheap accommodation can be found on the web site, try www.mpumalanga-venues.co.za
    Hope this helps, but if you need anymore info do contact me.
    Paul

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kruger National Park