Kruger National Park Travel Answers

change location

Making choices in southern Africa – Question #1

by Andy1999 Online Now Oct 25, 2005 at 1:40 AM

My wife and I are considering travelling to southern Africa in the second half of next April. We have limited time to explore ex Johannesburg before heading further south. We have about a week, and wanted to know the pros and cons of a guided safari in Kruger National Park vs a guided safari in Botswana (Okovango Delta and Chobe National Park) - in terms of what wildlife we would see (variety, ease and likelihood of viewing), weather, malaria risk, plus any other possible pros and cons of each?

Thank you,
Andy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

RE: Making choices in southern Africa – Question #1

by MikeAtSea Online Now Oct 27, 2005 at 8:25 AM

Well it is a tough choice...
    But if it would be mine I would not hesitate in recommending our neighbours in Botswana - one of my favourite regions of travel is certainly the Okovango Delta and Chobe National Park with very different eco systems and fantastic game viewing. Kruger in my eyes is more "civilized" with tarred roads - where as the parks in Botswana are more rugged and offer a lot more game. Hence knowing both - I would not hesitate in choosing Botswana.
    In regards to Malaria - both are in a Malaria zone... so either way you have to protect yourselves.
    Weather both Kruger and Botswana enjoy nice weather in April...

Enjoy your planning - if you have more questions simply e-mail or message me.

Michael

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kruger National Park