Kruger National Park Travel Answers

change location

Thanks for the help so far, now about those lodges???

by JImBrown291 Online Now Mar 11, 2005 at 12:26 AM

Hello all,
Thanks to all those who replied to previous questions, the trip my wife and I are planning to take is beginning to take shape. Now we are trying to get into some of the detail. In summary we are driving to KNP from Durban in June(via Drakensburg (3 nights) and Battlefields tour (2 nights) (suggestions welcome!)) and then flying out of J'Brg. We are looking for a lodge for 3 nights. We are slightly baffled by the large number of options and finding it difficult to find out exactly where the lodges are. We think we have narrowed it down to 3 options: Camp Shawu, Lion Sands or Idube. My wife is quite taken with Camp Shawu as it boasts 'authentic buffalo dung walls' I on the other hand ...?!

Grateful for any lodge advice, route advice and suggestions as to whether we need a 4x4 for this or not.

Many thanks

Jim

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

RE: Thanks for the help so far, now about those lodges???

by MikeAtSea Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 8:40 AM

Battlefields tour I recommend Islandwana - centraly located with many battle areas around.
    In regards to the Kruger National Park - if you want to go into the reserve itself there are a dozen camps available - and you do not need to have a 4x4 - some of the camps you find on my Kruger Park Page.
    Adjacent to the Kruger Park you will find a number of private game reserve - such as Lion Sands and others - my recommendation there is Londolozi - one of the best reserves in the world. And since you have all the game activities in the reserve you also do not need a 4x4.
    Let me know what your budget is - and I can give you a more precise recommendation.

Enjoy Africa

Michael

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kruger National Park