Kristiansand

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• about the bus number.

Kongsberg Aug 29, 2014 at 3:56 AM

What bus number going to Kongsberg to islo?

more
    • bus/train from TORP

Oslo Aug 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Can anybody advice on getting from TORP airport to Oslo center?
      Thank you.

more
    • What to do in Flam for 3 hours?

Flåm Aug 19, 2014 at 6:14 AM

We are taking a Nutshell day tour which gets us in to Flam at 12, then we get the ferry at 15.10 - what would be the best thing to do in that time?

more
    • RAVANFLOKE

Haugesund Sep 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Hello, I like to go to Ravanfloke /Nedstrand from haugesund by bus. Is there any buses or other kind of transport to go there. I love to there on W/ends.

Thanks,

Francesca

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

By train/public transport Tromso to Geiranger in two days visiting in Trofors by Hattfjelldal?

Norway Aug 30, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Besides enjoying the beauty and culture of Norway, I am hoping to make a visit to where my gg grandfather Bendigt Mathias Johansen was born in 1846. And am looking to fit it into a cruise that stops in Tromso and in two days later in Geiranger. I would like, in those two days travel and stop and visit in Trofors and possibly by taxi or bus to Hattfjelldal, Nordland where he was born for a visit? I have looked on the internet and realize that Norway is a vast country and further I was not able to determine if this is possible. Thus I am looking to VT, ers knowledgeable input. All and any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, as this will be my first time in Norway. I think fitting this first visit into a cruise is possibly the best.

more
    • jlanza29's Profile Photo

1/2 day in Oslo

Oslo Aug 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Hello everyone .... I have about 12 hours in Oslo on my way back from Iceland ... we are staying downtown for 1 night ... besides Akershus Fortess what else is a must do ... I arrive and noon on thursday and depart at 6:00 am the next day .. any tips would be welcomed ....

thanks

jlanza29

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Northern Lights in August - possibility?

Norway Aug 15, 2014 at 3:36 AM

I am travelling to Norway (Oslo, Flam and Bergen) in this month end and will be on Sept 1 as well. What is the chance for me to seeing Northern Lights? Any tips please!

more
    • Norway in a Nutshell Bergen to Oslo direction

Flåm Aug 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I would like to do Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen to Oslo, but in all of the tours I see the Oslo to Bergen direction only. Can I do Bergen-Voss-Gudvagen-Flam-Myrdar-Oslo? My plan is to travel in April/May 2015.
      Thanks!

more

Food options and cost

Norway Aug 24, 2014 at 5:10 AM

We are gearing up for our trip to Oslo and Bergen next weekend. The question that I have is, how easy is to get vegetarian food (pizza and pasta are all we need and probably salad sometime). So many forum comments about food being costlier in Norway - any comments. What are the restaurant or vegetarian eatery options on way from Oslo to Flam and then Bergen (we are renting the car and driving)? Thanks!

more
    • SanjaP's Profile Photo

acomodation in Kirkenes

Kirkenes Aug 31, 2014 at 3:18 AM

I will come to Kirkenes at October 3 rd and will stay till October 12.......need some not bad but not to expencive place to stay...any help?

more
    • Hiking for three days in late September, in Kjerag-Preikestolen area

Rogaland Aug 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm planing to travel to the Lysefjord region in late September this year, and would like to visit the main two attractions (as I understand) of the region - Kjerag and Preikestolen. I hike a lot and like just to camp outside.
      Unfortunately I can not find enough information on line about the area for a "less civilized" tourism :)

The questions that concern me most are:
      1. Is it allowed to camp in a non camping designated area in Norway? If so, are there recommended sites for camping? (preferably natural sites)

2. Considering that I can not cover the distance between Preikestolen and Kjerag in three days by foot. What is the best way to get from one site to another?

3. How cold and how wet is the weather in the area in the last week of September? (for spending two nights outdoors)

Thanks in advance for the answers!

more
    • nice places

Norway Aug 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM

hello everone,

I would like to go to Norway next holiday and I've searched a bit on the internet for some great places. But I thought just ask ik right here. So my queastion is, do some of you guys know some great places in Norway which aren't very touristic. I don't like that (very busy and expensive). However thanks for your answer, I appreciate it.

greetz Jesse

more

Driving Oslo to Flam to Bergen / Volcano in Iceland

Norway Aug 26, 2014 at 6:49 AM

I have asked few questions earlier regarding my trip and thanks for those who posted the answers. I have few additional questions. Google maps give 4 1/2 drive from Oslo to Flam, but Michellin maps (as some websites suggested) gives longer. I wanted to know the realistic driving time. Also if I prefer route 7 will that be comfortable to drive instead of E16? Route 7 is saving me lot of driving time. How do I know if routes are closed - any website to check. Flam to Bergen is given as less than 3 hours in Google. I also have a question on Volcano in Iceland, if it throws ash, is it something that I need to worry during my trip? How was the experience last time in 2010? Thanks!

more
    • madeinHolland's Profile Photo

nice things to do for someone alone

Kongsberg Aug 18, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Traveling from Holland and visiting Kongsberg in week 37, staying with a friend who is working during the day (except for the weekend). So by myself during the weekday. Do you have suggestions what could be nice to do?

more
    • Thestumps's Profile Photo

Food in Norway?

Oslo Sep 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM

What is typical food for Norwegians?

more

Near Kristiansand

• Buses from Kristianand and Mandal

by AlanCSmart Online Now May 3, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Is there a bus from Kristiansand airport to Mandal?

3 Answers May 4, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    • bus and fare from Oslo airport to Kristiansian

by walleysr Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 6:17 PM

We will need a bus from the Oslo airport to Kristiansian in July. Can we buy a ticket when we arrive at the airport (12:30PM) and what will it cost?

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 12:31 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Kristiansand, what to do?

by swdke Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Will be arriving for a day on 8 September via cruise ship. Looking for suggestions on how to spend the day. Thanks.

7 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    • juliakp25's Profile Photo

Reservation?

by juliakp25 Online Now May 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Can someone please tell me if I need a reservation for the train from Stavanger to Kristiansand next July? I will be traveling with a railpass. Thank you!

4 Answers May 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    • Furulia

by rcostantantine Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM

what are the ways to reach Furulia from Kristiansand Airport ?
      Cost per each way is required as well .
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • Visit to Kristiansand in August

by soosj Online Now Jun 16, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I will be in Kristiansand area this summer (for a wedding in Vennesla) How effective are taxis for getting around?

1 Answer Jun 16, 2010 at 12:27 PM
      by tan_ Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 3:07 AM

what is the age law for this place?

6 Answers Apr 16, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    • Bus route from Oslo torp to Kristiansand

by NMatt23 Online Now Apr 8, 2008 at 5:58 AM

Hi,
      My Dad will be landing in Oslo torp to visit us here in Kristiansand. I have seen that there is a bus from Fokserød which seems relatively close to the Torp airport. Does anybody know where I can find a bus schedule for this service....in English?
      Many thanks!!

2 Answers Apr 14, 2008 at 3:18 AM
    • water temperature

by hilong Online Now Dec 1, 2006 at 12:18 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the ocean temp. is like on the beaches in southern norway in the summer?

Thanks,
      Hi

2 Answers Dec 11, 2006 at 4:13 PM
    • How to travel Frankert to Kristiansand?

by galaputh Online Now Sep 7, 2005 at 7:47 PM

I and my husband with 13,14 kids will fly from Singapore to celebrate
      christmas time in Frankurt. Then we will go to visit my friend in Kristiansand. Please advise the transportation with reasonable price to arrive there.
      With many thanks,

5 Answers Oct 26, 2005 at 12:51 PM
    • geigen's Profile Photo

neighborhoods/schools in Kristiansand

by geigen Online Now Apr 22, 2005 at 8:54 AM

Hello,

We are moving to Kristiansand for ten months and my 8 year old son will attend school. I have read that there have been tensions between immigrants and Norwegians in Kristiansand. My husbands employer has suggested that my son attend a Mottakskolen for immigrant children in Kristiansand. The kid is a blond American. Would he be accepted at such a school? Would he not be accepted at an ordinary Norwegians school (he does not speak Norwegian)? Are there any neighborhood or schools we should avoid?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
      Geigen

9 Answers Jul 13, 2006 at 2:43 PM
    • Synch_X's Profile Photo

Jellyfish in the harbour

by Synch_X Online Now Sep 20, 2003 at 8:58 AM

I was in Kristiansand about a week ago and when I looked over the side of the ship I was on I could see lots of jellyfish swimming about. Is this a common problem in the sea around that area?

3 Answers Feb 6, 2005 at 8:25 PM