Krems an der Donau

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Salzburg area in summer with small children

Austria 1 hours ago

We are planning our summer holiday, but as none of us have been to Austria earlier, we need some expert advice.

We are travelling with two 4-year olds, and are looking for a quiet place with good options for easy hiking and maybe a nearby place for swimming? Would like some shops and places to eat nearby,but we will rent a car, so we can do with a little distance. Would prefer self catering accommodation, but other affordable alternatives could be interesting.

Anyone who could point us in the right direction?

more
    • March 2015

Vienna Dec 26, 2014 at 1:49 AM

I am booking a stay in Vienna in the first week of March 2015, and notice most of the hotels are fully booked or have higher prices during 4 to 7 March. What will be happening in Vienna during this period (4-7 March 2015) ?
      Thanks

more
    • bivizzz's Profile Photo

Music Instruments Stores

Vienna Dec 23, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Hello,

I'm visiting Vienna for Dec 26-30 and will need to buy a violin case there. Could you please suggest any music instruments store with the variety of choice which will work for those days?

Thanks

more
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Road travel

Vienna Dec 17, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hi , we are a young couple taking a car journey from Vienna to Munich. The trip is for about 10 days. Please help me plan an itenery starting from Vienna, which too is new for me. Thank you. We like nature, quaint places, parties and glamour. Please give me suggestions as where all to visit and where to take halts. Thank you

more
    • Will Vienna be 'deserted' on Christmas day and boxing day?

Vienna Dec 12, 2014 at 3:41 AM

We will arrive on the evening of the 22nd of Dec and made an itinerary of visiting xmas markets and sightseeing. We know that this is a family holiday, will there be any restaurants and cafes open on xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day? Will there be anything to do during those days? We leave early on the 27th.

Thanks

more
    • cherylll's Profile Photo

accessible by car

Hallstatt Dec 14, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Hi, We will be travelling to Hallstatt and have a rental car...can we drive into Hallstatt? We plan to sprnd 2 nights in Hallstatt...Thank you! Cheryl

more
    • Day trips from Vienna (not too far) where we can see snow?

Vienna Dec 21, 2014 at 12:23 AM

In case Salzburg option doesn't work out can you give me some ideas for day trips close to Vienna where there is snow and we can have nice views or try skiing probably? My son doesn't talk about anything else: snow and skiing!

Thanks very much

more
    • what to do in 3hrs

Vienna Dec 17, 2014 at 10:26 PM

hi will reach airport at 1015 ,wait student bus to prague at 13:00pm,
      1-what can we do or c in 3hrs to go downtown by train
      2-where can we leave our luggage
      plz advis
      or something near airport to c

more
    • Help! Salzburg on christmas eve or boxing day?

Salzburg Dec 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM

We will be in Vienna from the evening of 22nd Dec, leaving on the 27th in the morning. We would like to go on a day trip to Salzburg and I'm wondering which day is the best to visit. I mean does anybody know if markets and shops and restaurants and sights will be open on christmas eve or the 26th?

Thanks

more
    • Vienna to Salzburg Trains

Vienna Dec 13, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Hi, we are looking for a day trip from Vienna to Salzburg and was wondering which train to take. I have checked on the internet and found that OBB (http://www.oebb.at/) for a one way ticket to Salzburg is around 118 euro. Also there is one more train service called westbahn (https://westbahn.at/) but the fair is almost half the price.

Does anyone know what is the difference between the two train services ?

more
    • what to see in and near Vienna in 3 days?

Vienna Dec 4, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Me and my wife are travelling to Vienna and have 3 days spare can anyone help me with the itinerary and suggest places to see and things to do in and around Vienna?

We are thinking about going to Prague and/or Budapest how feasible is it and also is it worth going?

more
    • travelling from durnstein to melk

by carolab Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Hi I will be taking a boat trip frpm durnstein to melk. I have been told that this is the prettiest part of the Danube. Is it correct? Also I noticed somewhere that the trip from durnstein to melk takes more time than from melk to durnstein. Am I correct? . Why is this so? Also which is better start from Krems and finish in melk or vice versa? Thanks :)

8 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM