Krasnodarskiy Kray

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TRAVEL FROM VLADIVOSTOK TO SIKHOTE ALIN NATURE RESERVE

Vladivostok 15 hours ago

Hello can anyone please recommend the best way to get to Sikhote Alin Reserve if flying into Vladivostok? is there a local company offering a driving service or a train available?

Many thanks!

more
    • jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

Moscow Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,
      I have a layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague, and I heard that the airport is not exchanging US currency. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

more
    • About hotels

Respublika Kareliya Mar 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Is there any hotels or accommodation in KEM or LOUKHI ? Please tell me

more
    • Rent a car and driver

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Mar 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Can you rent a car and driver in Yuzhno Salinsk that will pick you up and drop you back to the cruise ship terminal in Korsakov? If so any idea how much per hour or for 4 -5 hours? Thankyou.

more
    • english speaking 1.5 day world war 2 tour

Volgograd Mar 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM

we are 2 couples coming at the beginning of July , could we get offers for a 1.5 guided tour based on world war 2 events ?

more
    • Travel by car

Russia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'm planing on going to Russia this may, and i need few informations. Traveling by my own car, i'm wondering how much do taxes on the border cost (i'm staying for about 3,4 days)? Is it cheaper if i come through belarus then baltic countries?

more
    • russian visa from u.k

Moscow Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi all,
      i need an visa company in the uk who would also supply me with invitation letters,i spoke to someone at such a company last year,but having recently just moved i can`t find anything,i`ve looked on line and phoned a few,but with no luck, any help would be much appreciated, i1ve booked flights and accomodation for june 1st.
      regards gargoylesrus

more
    • Address in Smolensk

Smolensk Apr 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Hello,

I am trying to verify an address can somebody help me. My email is redbells91360@gmail.com

LIDER 2 Garden Street Smolensk , 25a (square Zhelyabov )

Thank you,

Nicholas

more
    • Welcome to Republic of Mari El !!!

Respublika Mariy-El Apr 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM

The Republic of Mari El is included in Privolzhsky Federal District and is situated in the centre part of the Russian Federation. Its territory is 23.4 thousand square Km, the population is 698.3 thousand people.
      It borders on the Nizhny Novgorod Oblast in the west, on the Kirov Oblast in the north-east, on the Tatarstan Republic and the Chuvash Republic in the south.
      The population of the Republic of Mari El consists of Mari people – 43%, Russian people – 47,5%, Tatars people – 5,9%. Over 50 nationalities are living on the territory of Republic. The official languages are Russian and Mari.
      The Republic of Mari El means “Mari country» translated from Mari language. It is a wonderful land with beautiful nature, riches lakes and forests. There are over 600 pure and deep lakes in the Republic where most of them are karstic origin, about 476 rivers having total extension over 7 thousand kilometers.
      About 50 percent of the territory of the Republic is covered with forests. For century, the forest was place of habitation, source of food and sacred temple for Mari pagans. Today, the Mari people is one of a few peoples of Europe, preserving the paganism practically in permanent form as an official national religion. There are about 520 pagan sacred groves in the Republic of Mari El.
      Modern the Republic of Mari El is dynamically developing territory on which contemporary architecture adjoins with numerous historical and cultural sites.
      The most popularity gained a capital city of the Republic of Mari El – Yoshkar-Ola (from translated Mari language means “Red city», beautiful city) with its excellent architectural ensembles - Tsarevokokshaisk Kremlin, Patriarch's Square, area of the first tsarevokokshaisk leader/voevode Obolensky-Nogotkova, where there is an unique musical clock with icon of the Mother of God « Troeruchitsi» installed above the arch in the tower, magnificent palaces of sports.
      Today the capital city of the Republic is modern comfortable city having its unique colour and individuality. The city is actively develop, embellish new parks and squares, areas and boulevards. In renewal city combine local colour, tradition of chief town of a uyezd and old European design. Also, Yoshkar-Ola attracts its compact structure and all sights are located walking distance from each other.
      The Republic of Mari El is original, charming and always attractive for lovers of travel and active sport.
      The Republic of Mari El is region with which met once, difficult to leave.

more
    • Americans in Moscow

Moscow Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Moscow this summer but due to the current situation is it safe for Americans to travel to Moscow? So far people have warned me that it is not safe for Americans to travel to Moscow at this time, is this true?

more
    • johngayton's Profile Photo

Buying Train Tickets Online

Russia Apr 20, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I'm trying to buy a St Petersburg to Moscow train ticket using rdz.ru The site takes me through the reservation and the payment with no problems (I've created a log-in profile) but after I've completed the payment bit, including the security verification, it declines the transaction.

I'm in the UK, using a Visa debit card.

Has anyone else here had similar problems?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

more
    • MirkaKripac's Profile Photo

Russian Visa Support Documents - Tourist Voucher, Invitation

Russia Apr 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

Please do you have an advice how to get the Russian visa support documents?
      We would like to travel on our own, staying in apartments booked through airbnb.com.
      Do you know some reliable companies providing this service?

Best,
      Mirka

more
    • Worried about visit to St. Petersburg in May

Saint Petersburg Mar 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Going to St. Petersburg in May (2014). We are Canadian, in our 60's and going on our own for 5 days. Already have our VISA. Coming in from Helsinki on train. Frankly we are very concerned about what we might face when we get there given all that is happening ..... Should we be worried? Our consulate website basically says nothing except that they have limited services now. (They closed the St. Petersburg branch)
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Rent a car or rely on train?

Sochi Mar 9, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Does it make sense to rent a car at Sochi/Adler airport to get around Sochi, Adler and Krasnaya Polyana for 2 days, or to rely to express train? Staying at the Marriott in Krasnya Polyana. Advice?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 2:04 AM
    • Hotel Help !!

Sochi Feb 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Anybody has canceled his/her trip to sochi between 19th Feb to 24th Feb in a 4 star hotel
      I would love to buy your hotel room out .

Or anybody help finding a 4 star hotel walking distance from the stadium ?

• Olympic Accommodations in Adler

Adler Feb 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM

I have a room in Adler from Feb. 16-Feb. 23, 2014 that I am looking to share with another female. There are two beds. I paid $300/night for the room and looking to offset my costs with a fellow traveler. Breakfast is included. Please contact me if interested.

• Can normal people ski while visiting Sochi during the olympics?

Sochi Jan 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Are any of the venues operating as regular ski resorts during this time?

7 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • Room Share Offered during second week of Olympics

Sochi Jan 20, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Hi there,

Traveling to Sochi to watch the second week of the Olympics. I am staying in Adler and would like to share my room with a fellow female traveler to help offset my costs. You would have your own bed, but we would share the room. Dates are Feb 17-22. Contact me for more info.

Thanks,

Katy

• hotel amenities

Sochi Jan 15, 2014 at 12:32 PM

what is the closest bus stop for Hotel Zhemchuzhina?

2 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • Third_Rock's Profile Photo

Mountain Cluster Vegetarian Restaurants

Sochi Dec 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Greetings!

i will be in Sochi from last week of January until end of March . i know that in Adler there are few good restaurants and have several options for veggies. However not sure about the mountain cluster.

i cannot commute from Mountain to Coastal daily :) ...any suggestions please ?

one life live it
      Srini

5 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • Has anybody received their spectator pass in the mail yet?

Sochi Dec 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Still haven't received mine yet.  If you received it, what day did you register for it and when did you receive it?  I'm looking to get a timeline for when to expect it.

1 Answer Dec 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    • Travel to Gelendzhik

Gelendzhik Nov 18, 2013 at 8:31 PM

How can I get from Moscow to Gelendzhik in December? Train? Bus?

5 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    • Astyanax's Profile Photo

Public Transportation in Sochi, Russia

Sochi Oct 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM

How does one get from the cruise passenger terminal in Sochi to Stalin's former villa? I was in St. Petersburg earlier this year and got around fine using public transportation. I enjoyed the experience and I want to do the same using public transportation in Sochi. I have one of the new multiple-entry Russian visas

3 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 3:53 PM
    • any volunteers going to Sochi 2014, let's go together

Sochi Oct 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I'm going to Sochi as a volunteer, looking for someone who's also going to avoid to be bored during long trip, also it could be safe as I have never been there.

7 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    • Olympic accommodation

Sochi Oct 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Is it hard to get from Lazarevskoye to Sochi for the Olympic games? I am looking at booking a hotel in Lazarevskoye for the Olympic games. How long is the train ride? How much does a train ride cost?

2 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    • Woman traveling alone

Sochi Oct 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Hello, I am coming for the Olympics and one of the flights I was looking at arrives in at 1245am and I was wondering if it is safe for a single woman to travel from the airport to my hostel at that time of night or if it's better just to hang out in the airport until sunrise. Can you hang out in the airport? Never been to Russia. Also whats the best way to get from the airport to city center of Sochi? Thank you

3 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
    • going to the winter games in Sochi with 2.5yr old daughter

Sochi Aug 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Hello,
      My name is Graham and I have just been lucky enough to be picked for 3 weeks work during the winter Olympic games. My question is that my partner would like to also come for the atmosphere and bring our little girl she will be 2.5yrs by time the games start. Im planing to fly them into sochi from Moscow as I see this as the best option. Is there anything that we should be aware of when travelling here with our daughter? From reading about sochi it should like such a lovely part of the world and have always looked for opportunity to travel and let her see the world.

Im just looking for the views of others.

Thanks
      Graham

5 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    • Ground transportation and excusions

Adler Jul 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM

With the Sochi Olympics approaching soon, does anyone have any credible updates as to the ground transportation available e.g. airport transfers, and what Sochi/Adler excursions are now available for booking? There seems to be a sore lacking of info in these areas for this time period.

4 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    • fellowsc's Profile Photo

Olympics accommodation

Sochi Apr 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Any one know a good travel agent who can find accommodation in Sochi? We have been looking for 3 months and everything seems booked out. May have to look 30 - 50 km away but will need the rail nearby. Tried all the usual hotel web sites but all booked out.

13 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • Olympic Games 2014

Sochi Apr 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I am travelling alone to experience my second winter Olympics in Sochi. I am having trouble finding a hotel and am wondering if it is because I am too early (as many are still being built) or if they are sold out (which would not be good). Also, in looking for places to stay in Sochi, I definitely want to be centralized and among the vibrant happenings of culture that the Olympics bring. Basically, any info on hotels, restaurants, and nightlife would be much appreciated!

18 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    • swampwiz's Profile Photo

Is there any cafe or other place in (central) Adler with free wi fi?

Sochi Feb 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I am writing this message at an internet cafe in which I have to use the cafe's computer (couldn't quite figure out how to change the settings on my computer to take its network line) at 60 RUR/hr, but would much prefer to just go to a cafe with wi-fi and nurse a piva, getting online with my own computer. I know there is a restaurant (Capri) that is far out from the center that has wi-fi (there is an ad.)

2 Answers Apr 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Looking for a hotel or hostel near train station in Adler

Sochi Jan 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I will be going there from mid February through early April. I intend to take the marshrutka up to Krasnaya regularly to go skiing.

2 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • Climbing in Sochi?

Sochi Dec 23, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I'm working in Sochi from May 2013 for several months and i'd like to find somewhere to climb.
      Are there any indoor climbing walls or climbing gyms in Sochi?
      Also what is the nearest outdoor climbing area?
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 27, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Would like to stay in Sochi & ski in Krasnaya Polyana

Sochi Aug 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I would like to go to Sochi in the winter of 2012-2013 for a month or so, and ski at the great resorts in Krasnaya Polyana. I think the visa (I am USA citizen) will not be a problem, and will be wanting to rent an apartment in Sochi. About every other day or so, I will want to take the train up to Krasnaya Polyana, and hopefully take some bus or marshrutka to the different ski areas from the train station there.

So for this to work out, I will need:

- an apartment to rent in Sochi, close to the train line to Krasnaya Polyana, or at least accessible by a bus or marshrutka to the train station that goes to Krasnay Polyana. -> I think this will not be a problem as Sochi is a very big summer destination and there should be plenty of apartments available in the winter.

- good schedule of trains to Krasnaya Polyana. -> I think this also not be a problem, but I would like to see the schedule.

- bus or marshrutka (mini-bus service from the train station in Krasnaya Polyana to the different ski resorts. -> I am not sure if this available. It seems that as a world class ski area, there should be easy transportation between the different resorts and the ski areas, but I have not been able to locate such information via the internet.

Any information on this would bu very helpful. срасибо

4 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM
    • Sochi/Krasnaya Polyana

Sochi Apr 1, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Hello,
      Im planning on living in Sochi/Krasnaya Polyana in February and March next year to ski and speak Russian. So I have a few questions:
      1) Would it be better to live in Sochi and travel to Krasnaya Polyana to ski or to live there?
      2) Could I find a homestay easily in either place?
      3) Is the snow consistently good there?
      4) Are the mountains open and not under construction?
      A lot of questions but thank you very much! :)

3 Answers Apr 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    • Hotel in Adler/Sochi

Sochi Jan 4, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I want to travel to Sochi in Summer 2012. Someone did recommed this hotel for me. Does anyone know it, or where it is.? Is it safe place for American teenager, (15 years old). And can someone suggest a travel company for me to get travel letter for visa, please.?

ughotel.ru/?part=rest&id=56&...

thank you.

4 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • real estate

Krymsk Dec 28, 2010 at 8:16 AM

hi..i am posting this question from Turkey.i've been working for a company for a while..and they will send me to their other factory that is located in Krymsk..so i am looking for some places for rental prizes.i've checked so some sites but couldn't have much idea..i'd be glad if you can give me some sites or at least give me some information about rentals?

• Visiting a small winery near Krasnodar

Krasnodarskiy Kray May 15, 2010 at 5:30 AM

Anyone living in Krasnodar could tell me if he/she knows a small winery that I could visit a few kilometers from Krasnodar ? Actually, I would like to visit several diferent wineries, and not the most well-known where all the tourists go, I'll be with Russian friends who will translate for me.

• Anapa-Sochi Travel

Anapa May 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Hello! I will be in Anapa this summer and would like to travel from Anapa to Sochi - preferably by ferry. Does anyone have any advice on travel between Anapa and Sochi by ferry?

Thanks!
      ultranatasha

3 Answers May 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    • keanaydin's Profile Photo

hotels

Anapa May 4, 2010 at 2:07 AM

I am planning to visit Anapa in July and I am looking for a hotel in Anapa. have you got any knowledge about hotels and houses in Anapa and their phone numbers?

3 Answers May 4, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    • Rumi-fan's Profile Photo

SOCHI 2014

Sochi Mar 31, 2010 at 3:25 AM

2014 seems like a long time away but we are hoping to go for the olympic games in 2014. Would need to stay at Polyana area in the mountains. I want to get a feel for the area and ask what local customs i should be aware of? Things to stay away from? Will probably rent a house (lots of us going) rather than a hotel. Something close to the sliding centre and village. If anyone has any suggestions of tips i'd love to know them. Also the best way to get to Sochi from say Germany or Austria.

12 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • What fun we can have in Krasodar

Krasnodar Aug 25, 2009 at 6:05 AM

I will be in Krasodar from 26 to 29 th of august.What all one can get there to have a great fun.night life deatails.do's and do not in places e.tc.Thanks fro answering my questions
      Mahamaran

1 Answer Aug 25, 2009 at 6:27 AM
    • To REACH Krasnodar from Cyprus

Krasnodarskiy Kray Aug 19, 2009 at 4:28 AM

I am stuck in the Island of Cyprus, can any one telling me if there is Ferry Boat or a Ship from Istanbul or Trabozan to Krasnodar ? How much does it cost and how long does it take Round trip ?

Thank you,

Sir Dr David
      sir_dr_menitz@yahoo.com

2 Answers Aug 28, 2009 at 7:30 AM