change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• abbasathar's Profile Photo

Hermitage and Catherine Palace

Saint Petersburg Sep 17, 2015 at 5:26 AM

I and my wife shall be in Saint Petersburg for two days on 22nd and 23rd Sept 2015.(i.e. next Tuesday and Wednesday). I understand we have no choice but to visit Hermitage on Tuesday and Catherine Palace on Wednesday. Please advice whether we should book online and travel or our own or take a conducted tour which appears pretty costly. We don't actually need a Guide as audio guides are sufficient and available in both places.We are unable to judge the crowd pressure in these two paces on these days and definitely do not want to miss this opportunity. Also I have only the 1pm on wards slot available on Tuesday for the Hermitage!

• student trip (nurses) to St. Petersburg

Saint Petersburg Sep 20, 2015 at 9:30 AM

We are a group around 50 Norwegian nursing students who wants to have a trip to St Petersburg next year. We are planning 6 nights there, with 3-4 days of studying. I therefore wonder if anyone know about relevant museums, organisations (within health/socialcare), suggestions for people who can teach us something relevant for nurses or for example about the RussianĀ“s health care system. Please give me contact information if you have or a link.

Nursing students

Lenin Mausoleum

Moscow Sep 13, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Is it Open on Sundays?

Red Square and Kremlin Area

Moscow Sep 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM

I am a little confused as to how to best utilize my time in the Red Square Kremlin area. I gather the must see places there are

1. St. Basil Church
      2. Lenin mausoleum
      3. Kremlin Armoury
      4. Diamond Fund
      5. Bell Tower
      6. Alexandria Garden
      7. State Historical Museum

Can all be covered in one day?. Any suggestions since it appears to be a pretty large area. Also tips on purchase of entry tickets.It shall be a weekend.

Best Currency

Moscow Sep 10, 2015 at 6:01 AM

Which currency is best to carry in Russia?
      Please mention areas where credit or debit cards may not be accepted. Also which is best place to exchange money?

• amjadsher's Profile Photo

A Pakistani Tourist

Kaliningrad Sep 30, 2015 at 3:21 AM

Hi all
      Hope you having good time
      I'm planning to visit Kaliningrad this November (2015) as Its the only time off for me from my office for a week. one of my colleagues adores kaliningrad a lot compelled me to visit. but I have few questions anyone here would answer?
      1) I'm an asian/Pakistani Brown skin guy, and honestly I ve been to many places around the world and found it bit weird to be in such place where people around you all are from a total different background stares you that annoy you and you do not enjoy your days off. so how's the local behavior towards brown skininned, single tourist on his own? (I'm really sorry if that sound offensive)
      I'm not a beach/club/pub/party kinda guy, rather trekking, landscapes, mountains, hiking alone, and discovering borders. So would it be easy to walk/trek alone in forests, mountains, fields, and wandering around the border area? having in mind that there are restricted areas for tourists. But I'd really love to visit and capture some snaps with the tri-point (lithuania-poland-and russia border.
      Thank you all in advance

• South American or Spanish Speaking Community

by HarryHonolulu Online Now Jul 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Is there a South American or Spanish Speaking Community in Krasnodar?

Is there an International School for my young, Spanish speaking family?

What is the night-life like for foreign expats?

Which nearby cities also offer great things to do? What kind of things?

Why will my family enjoy (or not) our time in Krasnodar?

1 Answer Jul 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM
    • What fun we can have in Krasodar

by mmragav Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 6:05 AM

I will be in Krasodar from 26 to 29 th of august.What all one can get there to have a great fun.night life's and do not in places fro answering my questions

1 Answer Aug 25, 2009 at 6:27 AM
    • Meeting a friend from Krasnodar

by johnlawrence1 Online Now Jul 19, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I am planning to meet a friend who lives just outside Krasnodar in early September. I am not able to enter Russia. Is it possible for my friend to travel by train or bus from Krasnodar to Kiev (Kyiv) or some other town in Eastern/Southern Ukraine?

4 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 11:41 PM
    • pass stempel

by leleka Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 4:18 AM

Privet.Pojaluista, podelites informaciei, russkie.

Stavjat li v russkii passport pechat o viezde na Ukrainu pri passportnom konrole v Krasnodare? Sobirajus letet v kiev,no ne hochu chtobi semeika moja uznala om etom po vozvrashenii.

Spasibo za otveti.

4 Answers Jun 18, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    • starstudio's Profile Photo

Dear VT members . . .

by starstudio Online Now May 3, 2009 at 4:05 AM

I arrive from Athens -throw Vienna- to Krasnodar at 13 June (4.30 early the morning), on my way to Gelendzhick.

Anyone knows what time the local bus starts the transport? Sure i must wait a long? Is the bus station near to airport? How i can go to the buses?

Also, cause i will spend a week there, i ask if worth to spend a day and night to Krasnodar, taken a look of the city and the sightseeing, and than next day i'll go to Gelendzhick. What can i expect to your city? I like some historical places, good diner and nice place to stay at night.

Thanks in advance for your help.

9 Answers May 20, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    • aterola's Profile Photo

Help, please

by aterola Online Now Apr 28, 2007 at 12:30 PM

I have to reach Anapa in 11-17 June 2007 from Lithuania. Does anybody know how I could do it in cheaper way? It is easy for us to get to Kiev. Are there any cheap flights to Krasnodar or Anapa from Kiev? Is there some train or buss? Maybe night train? Where I could check info?
      Thank you in advance,

2 Answers Apr 28, 2007 at 9:45 PM
    • Be careful to have your migration card filled out

by MichaelNesmith Online Now Oct 12, 2006 at 8:05 AM

I just came back from Krasnodar and I was surprised at how much nicer it was then I expected-nice cafes and more modern. I just wanted to forewarn anyone entering Russia with visa to have the migration form filled out. I took a Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Krasnodar and I was not told to fill out information for visa checkpoint. I had passport and proper visa stamp and information, but you do need to fill out a migration form for hotel or place of stay to stamp. This form is in Russian only! I was pointed this out at visa station, fortunately there is a sign with English subtitles directing how to fill out on the wall just before the visa kiosk. Although they spoke no English, the security were very nice and courteous unlike the "Old Guard" mentality that I received at the Vilnius and Riga airports (I was told this "Old Guard" demeanor is also provided at Moscow and St. Petersburg airports).

2 Answers Oct 12, 2006 at 8:28 AM
    • Question about Safety in Krasnodar

by MichaelNesmith Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 3:32 PM

I am traveling to Krasnodar and wondered how safe it is. Do people generally speak English? It sounds like it would difficult to find anyone that speaks it. Any recommendations for taxi to hotel? I am looking to stay at Intourist hotel. Thanks.

10 Answers Jul 12, 2008 at 1:08 PM