change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bus connection from N.Gorica to Ljubljana 1.05

Mestna Obcina Nova Gorica 7 hours ago

Hello,

Are there any bus connections between Nova Gorica and Ljubljana on 1.05.?
      Are there any connections to Venice/Mestre or Udine on that day from Nova Gorica.

Anna

more
    • From BLED (or LJUBLJANA) -To UMAG (Croatia) by Train /or Bus then From UMAG to VENICE

Bled Apr 17, 2014 at 4:32 AM

Hi, We need the following information please : (For Travel on the 14/05/2014)
      Journey 1) :To Depart from LJUBLJANA (Bus /or Train) - To UMAG (Croatia )

Departure Time : Anytime Between 08:00 - 11:00 A.M

Journey 2) : To Depart from UMAG (Bus /or Train )-To VENICE (Italy )or Marco Polo A/P

Departure Time : Anytime Between 17:00 - To 19:00 PM

Journey 3) To Depart from UMAG (Croatia) By Bus /or Train - To LIDO de JESOLO(Italy)

Departure Time : Anytime Between 17:00 To 19:00 PM

Thank you & Kind regards,
      Andy Tan - Aberdeen (Scotland) - eMail : andy18.leo@gmail.com

more
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Ljubljana - Zagreb return fare

Slovenia Apr 14, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Dear all,
      Needed a small clarification.

As per Slovenian train website, one way fare from Ljubljana to Zagreb is 16.4 euros whereas return fare is 26.2 euros.

I wanted to know validity of the return ticket. As in does it have to be a same day return or can I return after say 3 day stay at Zagreb and still avail the return fare discount?

Please help me with this.

Thanks!

more
    • Pletna Boats

Bled Mar 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Is it difficult getting in and out of the pletna boats? It looks like a pretty high step.

more
    • mercedes50's Profile Photo

Walking to Koper from Ship

Koper Apr 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi I'm going to Koper on a cruise i was wondering if i can walk to the old town from the port?

more
    • Hiking in June

Triglav Nacionalni Park Mar 30, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I'm considering a hike in mid June which includes crossing the higher part of the park, from Dom na Komni via Triglavskih Jezerih to Trenta. Is that feasible considering snow conditions? I do have winter hiking experience but I don't plan to carry full winter gear - will have some traction ("microspikes") and poles, as well as good 3-season waterproof boots etc.

Thanks!

more
    • Help with travel

Slovenia Apr 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM

How do I get from Ljubljana - Slovenia to Hermagor-Austria please any help would be brilliant, thank you .....

more
    • yyaari's Profile Photo

Ljubljana to Trenta

by yyaari Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 3:51 AM

looking for transportation from Ljubljana to Trenta around 5/9 (could be on or two days later). is there a bus available? which operartor? timetable?

4 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM
    • Transportation From Villach to Kranjska Gora

by clementlampy Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 4:59 AM

What are the choices do I have? And how can I economically do that?

3 Answers Jun 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    • Is there any snow in Kranjska Gora for New Years Eve

by dtul0 Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Hi
      we are planning a trip to Kranjksa Gora for the New Years eve. Can anyone tell me what is the history of having snow in Kranjska Gora in late December. We are from Australia and my kids have never had white winter experience and I would like it to be a special one.

2 Answers Mar 16, 2011 at 4:39 AM
    • hcapon's Profile Photo

HOW DO I GET THERE???

by hcapon Online Now Jan 18, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Hello. Taking a "whirlwind" trip in Europe and planning on trying to see some of Slovania. Planning on travelling to Ljubljana and want to go to Kranjska Gora but not sure best route to get there?!?!? Bus, Train, etc? Also from there I am planning on heading back into Italy or Austria...........what should I take from there to get places? Any ideas?

4 Answers Jan 21, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    • Snow

by fusina Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Hi I want to ask if in September, will there be any snow in Kranjska Gora? As I am coming tomorrow and I would like to see snow for the first time!

2 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 5:27 AM
    • kranjska Gora

by drubinchik Online Now May 28, 2010 at 7:14 AM

I wojld like to have a phone mumber or Kranjska Gora Office of tourism.
      Please send

5 Answers May 30, 2010 at 11:23 PM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

Kranska Gora

by worksopian Online Now May 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I am touring Slovenia in June.
      Is Kranska Gora worth a visit?Are there any good backpackers?

Thanks

2 Answers May 5, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    • How to get the best ski deal???

by hanno123 Online Now Aug 16, 2008 at 4:49 PM

i want to go here in January or February 2009 to Ski i have seen deals but i am sure i can find better deals myself can anyone tell me if it is possible to book a hostel then sort out the ski pass and equipment when i get there, ive never been skiing before will i need to buy anything befor ei go or can u rent everything can anyone estimate a cost and are there any hostels ? chris

• How do I get from airport to Kranjska Gora on 6.7.08 at 19.00?

by esakainen Online Now Jul 1, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Hi my flight arrives at airport Ljubijana at 19.00 . Date is 6.7 2008
      At that time buss conection from Lubijana is not running any more
      last buss from Ljubijana leaveas something at 16.30

1.How much cost taxi from airport to Kranjska Gora?

2. Is there any other possible way?

5 Answers Jul 1, 2008 at 7:10 AM
    • Transport around Kranjska Gora, Slovenia in September 2008

by Bronterose Online Now May 3, 2008 at 11:44 PM

We are planning on visiting Kranjska Gora, Slovenia in mid September 2008 and using it as a base for 4 days, however we will not have a hire car at our disposal. Is bus transport regular and reliable around then as we would like to be able to visit different sights from here and if at all possible cross the boarder into Austria seeing it is so close. Could someone please advise?

2 Answers Jun 16, 2008 at 10:08 AM
    • Durfun's Profile Photo

Snowboarding in early December?

by Durfun Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 6:47 AM

Hi,

1. Would snowboarding be possible in the 2nd week of December?

2. Does it start to snow by early Dec, or are snow cannons started that early?

Thanks

Darsh

6 Answers Dec 5, 2007 at 3:52 AM
    • Durfun's Profile Photo

Going from Bohinj to Kranjska Gora?

by Durfun Online Now Nov 17, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Hiya,

1. Could someone kindly suggest how to manage the above using public transport please?

2. How far is the Kranjska Gora resort from Vogel? In journey time?

3. Would snowboarding be possible in the 2nd week of December?

Many thanks in advance

Darsh

1 Answer Nov 18, 2007 at 6:32 AM
    • jules64's Profile Photo

Christmas Markets

by jules64 Online Now Feb 17, 2007 at 2:53 PM

I enjoy visiting different parts of Europe each year for the Christmas markets. Can you tell me is the Christmas market big and when does it start and end approximately. Thank you very much.

• Ski Hire/Lift Passes etc, Hotel Advice, Weather and Travelling Alone

by ScottishWumun Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 6:57 AM

Hi.

I am looking at going skiing to KRANJSKA GORA at the start of March. My main question is about the skiing equipment hire and lift passes - am I better to buy this from the tour operator prior to travel or can I get a better deal when I'm there. It seems to be just under £200 for lift pass, ski and boot hire which I think is a bit pricy. Does anyone know prices locally?

Also, the accommodation I'm looking at is the Hotel Alpina - any comments? (Good or bad).

And - what kind of conditions can I expect the first week or March.

One more thing - I am travelling alone - will it be safe enough!

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Suz

3 Answers Feb 15, 2007 at 5:06 AM
    • Help re hotel Alpina and other questions re KJ

by Tonyturner Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 6:50 AM

Hi ! Next saturday (17/02) will see a crowd of us en route to KJ staying at the Hotel Alpina & have a number of questions if anyone can help:
      1. Whats the hotel like in terms of accommodation and food?
      2. Although we know its a ski in / ski out hotel, which run is it adjacent to ?
      3. Prices of beer, vodka and wine, both in the Hotel and local bars ?
      4. Talking of bars, can you recommend any ?
      5. Are there any restaurants on the mountain or do we have to come down for refs ?
      Think thats about it, but if missed something obvious then please chip in !!!
      Many thanks
      Tony & Lee

1 Answer Feb 12, 2007 at 3:10 AM
    • bus times from Lubliana airport to Kransjka Gora

by Barbaaa Online Now Jan 30, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Hello

I shall be arriving around 16.40pm mid week do you know where I find out about bus times or howmuch a taxi might cost?

1 Answer Jan 30, 2007 at 1:14 PM
    • Hostel Nika

by goman72 Online Now Nov 30, 2006 at 9:36 AM

Does anyone have an opinion of HI Hostel Nika? I found a double for 38 Euro... cheap, but is it "too cheap"?

• hotel milka

by figi Online Now Jul 18, 2006 at 4:47 AM

Hi

my husband and I are going to Kranjska Gora tomorrow for a week - just booked it at very short notice. We got a good deal half board at the Hotel Milka. Just wondered if anybody knows anything about this hotel as it never seems to be mentioned in reviews. Is that because it is terrible or because it is a bit out of town.

We are taking walking boots and hope to do a bit of that, bit of cycling and a bit of swimming in the lake and generally exploring and sight-seeing. We won't have a car. Any suggestions/recommendations gratefully received.

Thanks

• Finding a hotel ...

by D0nny Online Now Dec 4, 2005 at 5:05 AM

Hi
      I went to Slovenia in the summer and thought it was a fantastic place and learned about the skiing they have there. It seemed like a good place for beginners and intermediates, so I've booked some flights to Ljubljana in February for about 5 days (through Easyjet).
      Now I need to find a hotel. I've enquired about the Hotel Lek and the Hotel Kompas.
      But my question is really about how available these hotels are in Kranjska Gora?
      Are they all booked mainly through tour operators or can I simply book one myself?
      Would be very interested in any other advice about the area and on the skiing format/protocol. Also, how can I get from Ljubljana to Kranjska Gora?

Many thanks in advance...
      Donny

8 Answers Mar 5, 2006 at 7:33 AM
    • Currency

by minogue Online Now Nov 30, 2005 at 1:03 PM

Hi, can anyone advise me on which currency to take with me? Are Euros widely accepted or do I have to take Slovenian Tolars?

7 Answers Dec 4, 2005 at 10:24 PM
    • Hotel Alpina

by minogue Online Now Nov 17, 2005 at 1:33 AM

We are staying at the Hotel Alpina in kranjska gora in January and would like to know if anyone can give me some information on it i.e. what the rooms are like, entertainment, friendliness of staff, food etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Nov 18, 2005 at 2:33 AM
    • Cost of living

by claret&blue Online Now Jan 11, 2005 at 2:23 AM

Hi, I have read quite a lot of the information about Slovenia but what seems to be missing is actual costs for everyday items like hiring mountain bikes, chair lift costs, public transport costs and last but not least how much is a pint of beer ? Also, are there many chair lifts to get up to the higher level walking routes ? Are the paths clearly marked for walkers ? Are there any restrictions for photography ? Sorry for all the questions but I need a little more information before I decide to buy the Lonely Planet guide ! Thanks, Mark

5 Answers Jan 12, 2005 at 11:52 AM
    • Klagenfurt, Villach or Kranjska Gora?'snow dose' :-)

by mangale Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 1:31 AM

hello there, my name is monica, i was wondering if you could help.my husband and i will be spending new year's eve and night in klagenfurt.so excited!! we will be flying from the UK. after that we have 4 full days to spend. my question is : shall we stay in klagenfurt or villach?or shall we just go to kranjska gora in slovenia? one thing to consider is ' my snow dose' as my husband put it :-D, i am romanian myself and we have snow every winter in transilvania but unfortunately not in southern england :-( so snow and sledging should put that silly happy grin on my face. what do you think? can i just say what a lovely and useful website this is and thank in advance to those who would be kind enough to reply. best wishes, monica.

2 Answers Nov 23, 2004 at 10:11 AM
    • Activities in Kranjska Gora

by Yuriy_S Online Now Oct 30, 2004 at 12:54 PM

Hey people, I'm planning a trip with three mates of mine to Kranjska Gora to explore local slopes. But I was slightly concerned about the apre-ski activities there, and whether it is the place to party and ski or only ski. thank you very much in advace

1 Answer Oct 30, 2004 at 4:50 PM
    • Sevendroog's Profile Photo

Hotel Alpina Kranjska Gora

by Sevendroog Online Now Mar 17, 2004 at 12:50 AM

Hi, guys and girls I am going to Kranjska Gora in April and can't decide which place to stay. I have narrowed it down to either Hotel Alpina or Pension Tripic. I realise that I am not comparing like with like but, has anyone actually stayed in either of these establishments? Are they nice or are they a bit tatty? My wife and i travel a lot in Slovakia and Poland and have stayed in some "right rat holes" in years gone by, and I do not want to make a mistake here if I can avoid it. Any previous guests comments would be welcome. Thanks

1 Answer Mar 23, 2004 at 8:37 AM
    • Pirko's Profile Photo

Prices in chalets in Triglav national park

by Pirko Online Now May 27, 2003 at 9:57 AM

Hello, I'm planing the walk trough Triglav national park in August. Could me somebody say what are the prices in chalets ? I mean for example Pogacnikov dom, Triglavski dom and so on... Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 7, 2003 at 12:22 AM
    • Pirko's Profile Photo

Bus from Tarvisio to Kranjska Gora

by Pirko Online Now May 21, 2003 at 10:58 AM

Hello, I am from Czech republic. I would like travel to Triglav national park this summer. I have found bus to Tarvisio in Italy. Then I would take the bus to Kranjska Gora but I can't find any time tables of this bus. Could you recommend me any web sites, please ? Please, do not be worry about my bad english. Thanks.

2 Answers May 26, 2003 at 12:05 AM
    • Walking in Kranjska Gora

by whitecrane Online Now Mar 26, 2003 at 5:57 AM

A group of four of us are thinking of staying in Kranjska Gora for walking in September - probably 6th to 13th. Someone has suggested that everything closes down at the end of August. Does anyone know if there are chairlifts & buses in September? Or are there walks from the town centre? We prefer to get up into the mountains, but a lift part of the way would help!! Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 27, 2003 at 8:35 AM