change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lake next to Krakow?

by monne Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Hi
      I read about a lake next to Krakow city, which is ideal for swimming, spend some time on a short walk and be lazy half the day. But I can´t remember the name!
      We will visit Krakow in June and would be also very thankful for hints what to do/see/visit with a young child (2 years)!
      THX

1 Answer Yesterday
    • Restaurants

by Strollmam Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Does anyone know if any restaurants will be open the 18th, 19th and 20th in Krakow Poland. We didn't relize it was a German holiday.

3 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    • Any restaurant open on Subdat in Krakow and do we need reservations

by Strollmam Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Any restraunts open this Saturday and Subday and are reservations beeded

• mjmaniezzo's Profile Photo

Zakopane for a night?

by mjmaniezzo Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Hi,

I was hoping you can help me with some information.

I am staying in Krakow for 4 nights then I have a free night before taking the overnight train to Budapest

I would like to visit Zakopane. I am considering spending the night in the area. I have to return to Krakow to take a night train to Budapest. How complicated is this?

Do you have any idea what the night train costs and how to arrange tickets?

Or would I be better to stay in Krakow and just visit for the day?

Thank you

10 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • Friskyfinn's Profile Photo

Best hotel location ?

by Friskyfinn Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Want to go for an extended weekend to visit historic sites. What is the best area to book a hotel in?

4 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • TRAIN OR PLANE FROM WARSAW TO KRAKOW?

by alfredo9 Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Hi everybodoy, I will be visiting Warsaw and Krakow late next September.
      I will be arriving in Warsaw airport in a flight from Paris. Should I take an immediate flight to Krakow and visit K. first?
      How far is the Krakow airport from the city center? How long is a train trip from Warsaw to Krakow?

How is the average temperature in Poland and the end of September?

Thank you very much for any info you could provide.

Alfredo

9 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    • MattB64's Profile Photo

Krakow Clubbing.

by MattB64 Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Hi there, I've heard that they do not allow British people into the pubs/clubs in Krakow, how true is this? We are a group of 7 lads age range from 22-26, FAR from rowdy. Our main reason for the trip is to experience Auschwitz and the Salt Mines but as we do also like a night out we would love to sample the nightlife. My worry is that I've heard the Polish will not let the British in due to recent rowdy stag parties from England, how true/stricthe is this and what are the club's that we'll most/least likely to get into?

The more you in advance, Matt.

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 3:05 AM
    • Poland Krakow

by heihei08 Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 1:39 AM

is anyone know the price for night train from Krakow to Budapest (2-bed compartment) for two persons?

5 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 1:55 AM
    • Local town enthusiast

by AlwaysExploring Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM

My wife and I will be visiting in mid-June 2014. We always try to meet locals with a good knowledge of the city who are willing to act as our local "guide" so that we can get a locals perspective rather then a tour book view. We do the same thing for visitors to the San Francisco Bay Area. We feel that we get so much more depth traveling this way.

Anyone out there interested or know someone who is like-minded?

5 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    • glen006's Profile Photo

Attending a Wisla Krakow game

by glen006 Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Hello,

my wife and I will be in Krakow on 17 December, when Wisla plays Pogon Szczecin, and we are thinking about going to the game.

Are tickets easy to get, and how much would they cost?

Also, how safe is it? I have heard Polish fans can often be some of the most passionate in the world, is it dangerous for a couple to go to the game, and to and from the stadium?

Cheers, Glen

2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • How much does it cost to get from Krakow to Zakopane and return by bus or train?

by hugotwo Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM

How much does it cost to get from Krakow to Zakopane and return by bus or train?

1 Answer Nov 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    • How much does it cost to get from Krakow to Zakopane and return by bus or train?

by hugotwo Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM

How much does it cost to get from Krakow to Zakopane and return by bus or train?

2 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • TarasC2's Profile Photo

Which European country you advice me to visit ?

by TarasC2 Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Hi!
      My name is Taras and I from Ukraine, but I am studying in Poland .
      When I will have winter vacations I would like to visit some European country, which of them can you advice me to visit ?

7 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    • Distance & Time

by heather-hargy1 Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I am thinking of taking a taxi from Krakow to Zakopane and was wondering how long will it take?

6 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    • Attractive places for teenagers in England

by A__A Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Hi everyone, I am doing a presentation about the most attractive places in England for teenagers from around the world. Could you help me, which cities (besides London) and towns are very interesting for young people and why (what kind of entertainment)? Thanks for your answers :)

• Kevinbfg's Profile Photo

Visiting Tarnow, from Krakow

by Kevinbfg Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 7:22 AM

When we decided on Krakow for a holiday, my wife felt a seven night stay would be more relaxing that just a 3 or 4 night stay so that is what we have booked.

Have looked in Berlitz Krakow tourist guide book and spotted Tarnow as a possible excursion. It looks a lovely place and as we have the time, I think a day out into the countryside (late June) when on holiday would be worth doing. I would be grateful if someone could advise if indeed this would be a good choice or is there something even better for a day out from Krakow.

(I have already planned to do the salt mines and Auschwitz 1 + 2 on two separate days.)

Thanks, Kevinbfg

9 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Krakow Tourist Card

by Kevinbfg Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I am deliberating on whether to buy a Tourist card for my three day stay. looked at list of museums etc that are included and there are 8 of the thirty odd places I would be interested in visiting. I worked out the cost of just these 8 individual entries would be around 60 PLN and from what I can see the card allows me to travel free on the buses and trams. There is also various discounts for shopping and restaurants. All in the three day pass looks best and would cost 80 PLN saving me around 40 PLN at least.

This all looks really good on paper but I am wary that some things are NOT always as good as they seem....can anyone out there reply with their experiences of this Travel Card...is it good value or marginal saving?
      Thanks Kevinbfg

10 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Public Transport costs

by Kevinbfg Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I am booked to visit Krakow next June and noted that there appears to be a discount on the cost of Tram/Bus fares for people who are retired over 65. Is this the case and if so what proof would I need to carry with me to show a ticket inspector if stopped that I am entitled to the reduced fare.

To be honest, the cost of tickets is very cheap compared to UK so for safety sake might just pay the full price then no hassle.

Any suggestions?
      Kevinbfg

9 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    • student01's Profile Photo

Suprise for friend

by student01 Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hi,
      I would like to suprise my friend in Market Drayton. I want to visit him and tour this town. I am flighting into Birmingham next fiday. I must get to Market Drayton. How can I get there? What do you think it will cost?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    • Time to London

by Joanne93 Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I have two questions.
      1. Which month is the best to visit Great Britain?
      2. If I have only one day to visit the capital of this country what I should see (please give me the most important and the most beautiful places in London)

5 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Trains airport to City centre

by taurean_traveller Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM

We are due to arrive in Krakow soon and have been informed by our hotel that the train station to get off is
      Dworzec Glowny.

How many stops from the airport is it?

Ok when we arrive at Krakow airport is the train ticket office near?

Many thanks

9 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    • How long to get to Mielec from Krakow

by helenjackson1987 Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 3:49 AM

I wanted to know how long it would take to travel from Krakow airport to Mielec via taxi. I have looked on google maps and it says 1 hour 30 minutes. When I ask other people they say it will take three hours! I am really confused.

2 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    • ChristoT's Profile Photo

Traveling to Poland

by ChristoT Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I am traveling to Mielec poland in december 16. Im staying with my husband family for 8 nights. It my first time in Poland, I want to make some day trip to Warsaw and Krakow. I need help planning my itinerary and ways to get to those cities from Mielec.

2 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Bus or train from Krakow to Bardejov

by jonathanbarker Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I am visiting friends in Bardejov, Slovakia and have booked flights to Krakow. I arrive about mid day Friday the 6th September & would like to be back in Krakow late afternoon on Monday the 9th September.
      I have been looking at web-sites but can't seem to get any definite answers. I really need to know the times of buses or trains.
      I believe there is a night train to Presov (where my friends will meet me, but I can't expect them to meet me at 04.20)
      There is a Euro Busways service from Krakow to Kosice, but from a map I see that a bus should pass Bardejov & Presov, which are closer to Polish-Slovak border.
      Can any one help me with useful links, times leaving Krakow/arriving Presov or Bardejov and a return journey please.
      My friends say they can meet meet in Presov
      Thanks
      Jonathan

4 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    • Sundstrom's Profile Photo

Best time to visit.

by Sundstrom Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I want to know when is the best time to visit Krakow? My choise is either spring or autumn.

7 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    • lisselleC's Profile Photo

Help getting to auschwitz by bus please

by lisselleC Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hi, I am in Krakow at the moment and I'm trying to make sense of the bus timetable with little success, plus my wifi is a little weak. I was hoping to go to Auschwitz today, arriving at 3pm to avoid the worst of the crowds and to be free of a guided tour. Can anyone advise on the times of the buses to get there and back please.

1 Answer Aug 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    • Best way to visit Auschwitz

by mum23 Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I am visiting Krakaw in August and want to know the best way of visiting Auschwitz, should we book a tour before we travel, or book at hotel, or go it alone making our own way there from hotel? it will be myself and 17yr old daughter.

Also what sort of cost will I be looking at.

thanks.

7 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    • Oswiecim, Krakow - accomodation

by Oliv.Irl Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Have you ever been in Poland? On September I will go to Warszawa, Krakow and Oswiecim with my boyfriend and older sister. I have transport but Im looking for accomodation in Oswiecim and Krakow. Do you have some experiences? I need nice places but with low prices.
      thx

5 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    • Eagle nest trail

by franvescovi Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Hi, on friday i ll set off from Krakow to Czestochowa through the Wagle nest trail.
      i d walk the 160 km but i have a few questions:
      1 is it a marked trail?
      2 Where does the trail begin in krakow?
      3 are there proper maps to follow?

dziekuje
      Francesco

6 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 3:59 AM
    • Pomocub's Profile Photo

Typical November weather in Krakow

by Pomocub Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I am thinking of travelling to Krakow this November (2nd). Could anyone tell me what the typical weather is like during this time of the year? I once had an unpleasant experience getting snowed in when I was in Prague a few years ago in February so I want to avoid this.

7 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 6:57 AM