Krakow Travel Answers

change location
WilliamF11's Profile Photo

Auswitch flowers

by WilliamF11 Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I notice many bunches of flowers left on the camps . . Is there a flower shop on site ..?..or should I take flowers from Krakow , when I visit in May !

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Re: Auswitch flowers

by MacedonianUK Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM

There is nö flower Shop near the Camp, may be one in Oswenchin village, but to make it sure get one in Krakow... There is good flower shop on Grotska St close to Bar Mezny and oposite St Paul Church, on the lower Part of the street close to the Castle.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • eMGeographer's Profile Photo

by eMGeographer Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Oświęcim (Auschwitz) it's not a village, it is a city - for sure you will find there a flower shop. As far as I can see on Google Maps there is one not far from the entrance to the museum, another one should be near the railway station.

Monika
    geographers-eye.blogspot.com...

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

by MacedonianUK Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Oswenchin is/was village now becouse of notoraity of the Camp small town... First time i visit in early '80, Kommunist Poland, kept Oswenchin small village( depends of what ppl think is village) On the camp land definately is NO Flower shop, been there , looked for one as well.
    across the Road is tacky Shop who sells plastic ones, but they are not good enough. if the OP walks into village/town he will probably find one, but to be sure, he can optian some in Krakow.. And I dont need google or google earth to know that, been there, done that few times, talking from experiance.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Oswiecim is most certainly *not* a city. I think the geography of the website mentioned must be very awry if it suggests that it is.

• eMGeographer's Profile Photo

by eMGeographer Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 1:54 PM

It's a misunderstanding :) In Poland we destinguish: city/town and village. For 'city' and 'town' we have one word 'miasto'. City/town has city rights, Auschwitz has, that is why it's not a village for sure. According to the number of inhabitants, I agree, it is better to describe it as a town.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines