Krakow Travel Answers

change location
anaanes's Profile Photo

Hotels in Krakow

by anaanes Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Hi!

I'm going to visit Krakow in June for 5 days.
Any hotel recommendation for an average price?

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Re: Hotels in Krakow

by taurean_traveller Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM

www.booking.com
    They give you a fair break down of price,availability and location.And you don't pay until you get there and often have a cancellation clause.We have booked for October.Can't say what is a good price as we are visiting for the first time.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM

You might look at Ibis budget hotels, part of the Accor group. Very basic, but clean, free wifi, flat screen TV, shower and toilet in room, breakfast extra. I just stayed at one in Madrid and it was great. You should be able to get it for less that 45/50euros a night. It is very near the main rail station. I am staying there next week. Gets great reviews on tripadvisor.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

by MacedonianUK Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM

At the VT meet in Krakow we stayed in Wislina rooms for rent. They ate aout 50 meters from the Sqare within the Stare Mjasto ( old town)
    I highly recommend the place. We paid for 3 beds room, with kitchenette, bathroom & available TV, Internet €40 a night. The owner also offered pick up from airport for free
    http://www.wislna.com/

2 members found this helpful

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

by Pawtuxet Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM

There are a few suggestions on my Krakow page and many more w/ other members. I suggest you review some of them and there will be details on web sites, phone numbers and the like. My favorite so far has been University Apartments.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Matejko, really liked the location close enough to the train station to walk, close enough to old town to walk. Checking a random June date it's $106 per night on booking.com

booking.com/hotel/pl/hotelma...

• Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I didn't look at Valentina's (MacedonianUK) before I wrote mine but her suggestion is almost half the cost of mine, in a good area and with almost as good of a booking.com rating. I liked mine because I took the train in and out but if they offer free pickup then proximity to the train station really isn't all that important.

• DueSer's Profile Photo

by DueSer Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I stayed at the Art Mont Guesthouse. It's close to everything and the lady who runs it is very nice.

Art Mont Guest House: "Convenient, Quiet Spot" - Poland Hotel Tip by DueSer

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

by GentleSpirit Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I stayed at Cracowdays which is like 10 minutes walk from the Square. Service was exceptional, the room was clean, modern and very comfortable. Would gladly stay there again.
    http://cracowdays.com/eng

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Ana-

I would recommend the Crystal Suites. There are three Crystal Suite properties and I would recommend the one in Old Town. It is at a great location just a few minutes from the square and the service in the hotel is so incredibly helpful even if you don't understand a word of Polish. The rooms are traditionally furnished and not as small as other places in Eastern and Middle Europe. It is also moderately priced for the area. Here is the hotel web site.

http://www.crystalsuites.info/

Please all look at the tripadvisor.com web site for their reaction to this property.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

by Pawtuxet Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Back to hotels: University Hotel at 49 florianska St. is just 2 blocks from Cloth Mkt and same street as Florian Gate - super convenient & my first choice
    (+48 12) 421 12 25 and 429 17 87
    Another good choice off the square - very walkable location - Globtroter Apartments-24 hr reception (English speaking) 1 800 238 0767 - book through Expedia was recommended to me by VTers and we were very happy w/ it-they even did all our laundry while we were out of town for a few days. Ya gotta love that!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines