Krakow Travel Answers

change location
anaanes's Profile Photo

Average price of a meal in Krakow

by anaanes Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Hi,

How much, in average, cost a meal in Krakow?
I need to thing about how much zlots I'm taking with me to Krakow!!

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • pcsn57's Profile Photo

Re: Average price of a meal in Krakow

by pcsn57 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Hi,

Krakow is not an expensive city, so you won't have to spend too much to have a good meal.
    I had been there last october, and I can assure you that with 30 to 40 zlotis you can have a wonderful meal.

Pedro C. Souza Neto

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • magor65's Profile Photo

It's hard to say. It depends where you are going to eat. For example in pierogarnia, you may pay about 15 zl for a plate of "pierogi". In pizzeria the main course might be from 20 to 30 zl. In a restaurant you must be prepared to pay from 40 zl for a meal

by magor65 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:40 AM

anaanes wrote:
    Hi,

How much, in average, cost a meal in Krakow? I need to thing about how much zlots I'm taking with me to Krakow!!

Thanks!

• anaanes's Profile Photo

by anaanes Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:52 AM

I think 40Zlt it's fine. I lokked on Google and it is about 10€.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• geordieontour's Profile Photo

by geordieontour Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 7:22 AM

as the rate is around 4.95 in Krakow to the pound, you can eat well away down the back streets away from the square, depends on your budget, you can check the restaurants on the Cracow life site at cracow-life.com/drink/pubs_c...

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM

For a popular, and inexpensive, restaurant just off the main square try the Chimera Courtyard Restaurant - it's sort of self-service but excellent food with friendly, bi-lingual staff. Chimera Salad Bar: "The Healthy Option!" - Chimera Tip by johngayton

Note that the prices on this tip are from 2010 but they shouldn't have gone up too much since then.

There's also plenty of inexpensive street food options such as "zapiekanka" - Zapiekanka: "Street Food at its Best!" - Krakow Restaurant Tip by johngayton

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

by Pawtuxet Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM

There is a range of prices for meals from small sandwich shops to elaborate meals. You can stay within any budget. And then there is the shopping.....

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Compared to Portugal I think the prices will be somewhat similar. A euro is currently worth about 4.1 zloty. Some of the traditional Polish items like bigos (stewed meat with sauce) and kebabs will run you about 5-6 euros in a restaurant. Polish brewed beer and vodka are very cheap. I think you will be hard pressed to spend a lot of money on food in Krakow so long as you keep to local restaurants. The Polish beer is quite good!

2 members found this helpful

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Oh yes and the beer is cheap ;-HIC!

• 68maciek's Profile Photo

by 68maciek Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 4:18 AM

15 PLN (~~3-4) EUR for menu de la dia (soup+ main course).
    A loaf of bread 2PLN/0.50 EUR, teacake 1.50-2PLN, coffee from 1 EUR.
    I don't see a point for paying more than 10 PLN for a soup and 20PLN for a main course as a Krakauer, which is still too much (we are known for the most mean people in Poland called centusie (from a cent). Tourist may pay more (why not ;-)
    Having soup is mandatory for real Poles (Poles are real and fake according to Polish right wing politicians). Zurek, grzybowa, krupnik are ours. Who invented barszcz was often the case of war beetween us and Lithuanians, Russians or Ukrainians. It also applies to many other important things including pierogi, vodka and oscypek (here was a big conflict with Slovaks).
    Kebabs are not Polish items in order to avoid another cruel war with Ottoman Empire (good one are done by Syrians at Wawrzynca st. in Kazimierz district)

Bigos- difficult to find as good as homemade one in restaurants .
    I would rather go for pierogi instead (ruskie rules the world- this can be considered as a funny wordplay for some hahahaha).
    I use restaurant reviews on Polish ;-( webapges gastronauci and glebiasmaku for my purpose.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines