Krabi Travel Answers

change location

Comparison between Phuket and Krabi

by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 5:53 AM

My wife and I just came back from a tour of Phuket (1 night ) and Phi Phi (2 nights). Both of us really enjoyed thoroughly the stay in Phi Phi (with its beautiful islands). We vow to come again to Phi Phi, and perhaps this time enter PP via Krabi.
Well , I have just seen Phuket, particularly Patong area, with many of its shops, bars, and eating places, plenty.
Can someone please advise me what can I expect from tour of Krabi ( while I will tour Phi Phi from thereon). I presume that Krabi will be a quieter place?
Thanks .

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Comparison between Phuket and Krabi

by davidjo Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Krabi Town itself is indeed a quieter place and the center consists of a few blocks of concrete buildings, but it is the gateway to many beaches and islands. Phuket has the bars, the girls, and many restaurants that tourists flock to, Krabi is a town that tourists pass through to get to their holiday destination. I can highly recommend the island of Koh Lanta which has many beaches on the west coast and it is big enough to rent a motorbike and explore....and the island is cheaper than Phi Phi too!
    Krabi has a population of 25,000 compared to the 65,000 in Phuket. Krabi Town has no beaches, but you can head out to Ao Nang, Rai Leh or Had Yao and find accommodation there. Ferries run to neighboring islands usually in the morning.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 6:07 AM

So, are you now going to Krabi area? When speaking about Krabi, are you meaning Krabi town or some area around like Ao Nang? If you are just planning new tour, I would propose Koh Lanta if you are looking for quiter place. Ao Nang is a smaller village than Phuket, but there are a lot of turisty (and the cool/wet season is about to start in near future, on average it's May-October, but in March-April it can be really hot).

1 member found this helpful

• farizalia's Profile Photo

by farizalia Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM

hi there, krabi n phuket....krabi is the place for u to relax nenjoy the scenery and having a good night life.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• by manoftileSK Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Many thanks for your reply.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines