Travel Answers
Kowloon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Night Layovers and what to do with your luggage???

Hong Kong Apr 2, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I will be traveling from the US to Manila, PI in the fall. When I come back to the US I will have a night layover in Hong Kong and will do some touring at that time. Does anyone know what the options are with what to do with you luggage (2 large suit cases)????? Are you able to leave them at the airport securely for a fee???? Do you have to pick them up again and have them checked again???? I'm just wondering what the process will be???? Thanks!!!!!

more
    • lifesaver888's Profile Photo

Central to Tsim Tsa Tsui

Hong Kong Mar 20, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Hi,i want to cross the other side of HK by taking a ferry for a change.Do the ferries to Kowloon side depart from central pier or is there a different jetty for this route? Also,is the harbor city mall accessible by bus from the ferry terminal in kowloon? Thanks.Your opinion matters.

more
    • Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Cotai water jet - Macau Ferry Terminal

Hong Kong Island Mar 29, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Can I buy a round trip ticket to Macau at the Cotai Water Jet counter in Hong Kong?
      I searched the internet and the info is not clear to me. Some websites mention that it's only possible to buy a one way ticket (because of the difference of currency with Macau).
      I know that booking a round trip is possible online.

more
    • lifesaver888's Profile Photo

Stanley Market

Hong Kong Mar 28, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Visiting stanley market this weekend with co-tourist friends and its the only area we are quite familiar with but would like to explore the neighboring touristy sites.Where else could we go that are nearby the market? Thanks very much.

more
    • Mickey16's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Hong Kong reviews

Hong Kong 10 hours ago

Hi, I am planning a trip to Hong Kong for 5 days with my kids. We were planning to book with Holiday Inn Golden Mile in TST, Kowloon for its location. I was just wondering if it is good hotel, value for money and wanted some suggestions about their service. If not could someone suggest me with another hotel in the same location?
      Thanking you all in advance. Your suggestions would be very helpful.

more
    • Regal Oriental Hotel Express check-in/check-out

by jaeee Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with this?
      I will be staying in Regal Oriental Hotel when I visit Hong Kong in December and I need to check-in at 6am and check-out at 5am, but the hotel's check-in and check-out timings are 2pm and 12pm respectively. However, it did state on its website that there's express check-in and check-out counters. Does anyone know how it works and what I have to do? Also, are there any additional charges? Thank you so much for your help!!

Cheers ^^

6 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    • Options to Get to Modern Terminals Ltd., to board cruise ship

by kimsher Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM

What is best way to get from The Salisbury YMCA Hotel to the cruise ships at Modern Terminals Ltd., in Hong Kong?

3 Answers Feb 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    • Hong Kong on May 2012

by thinkingrich331 Online Now Mar 20, 2012 at 3:11 AM

My Family and I are scheduled to go to Macau-HK this coming May. We arrive at Macau Airport, stay overnight in Macau, then stay in HK for 4 nights and on our last day, go back again to Macau for our flight back home. I wonder where it will be best to book a hotel, considering the following planned itinerary:

1st Night - Macau
      1st Day - A.M. Macau
      P.M. Nathan Road/Kowloon Side
      2nd Day- Causeway Bay/Victoria Peak
      3rd Day-Disneyland
      4th Day-Ocean Park
      5th Day-A.M. Shop for souvenir and give aways
      P.M. Back to Macau for flight

I wonder if I can really do this, come from Macau, stay in HK for 4 nights, then back to Macau for my flight back home. Where is the best place to stay, Kowloon side or HK side. On my 2nd day, what is the best thing to do or where is the best place to go? Would I be right to think that it will be cheaper for us, in terms of transportation costs, to stay in HongKong side, Lantau or wanchai area since most of the places I wish to see are in those area and not in Kowloon side?

I plan to see night markets, tourists spots and shopping places in HK.

Thanks much!

8 Answers Mar 21, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    • peterseaford's Profile Photo

silly billy - how do i get from plane to pub ??

by peterseaford Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM

asked everything EXCEPT How Do I Get To Nathan Hotel 378 Nathan Road Kowloon from the Hong Kong Airport at 6am in the morning of 5 August and how do i get back to the airport at 5pm on 7th August.

Not penney pincher but would love to see as much as we can of bothe people and places.

Suppose taxi is always available but it may not be what you suggest and we would really value your suggestions.

was told that there was a bus but we have luggage and would not loke to carry that far - have a wife as well.

Seems that Nathan Hotel as no bus service but suggest Kowloon Station and I cannot find that.

Can find Jordan but that looks a good 10 minute walk from the hotel even without luggage.

please let us have what you have discovered as best.

kindest regards

peter

3 Answers Jul 24, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    • peterseaford's Profile Photo

want to enjoy all of Kowloon.

by peterseaford Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 3:54 AM

only two days for a start then seven days and we want to enjoy all of Kowloon , Hong Kong , Shenzhen and Macow,

We are staying at the Nathan and have already meet a fabulous travel agent Edith and feel we are in good hands.

I would like to go to Mass at the Rosary Church and supose that on Friday night a cab is the way to fly.

Was told that the Rickshaw Bus tour is well worth it as is te Red bus tour by day and night.

I really need to replace a blazer that i have lost - just unlined but part of me and i was just hoping that there may be a place in Kowloon near the Nathan that may be worth a try.

the wife and I are aged pensioners but really like to enjoy ourselves . I have toured China and loved everything about her and hope that I will do the same next year.

Any advise you can offer would really be valued

kind regards

peter

3 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 3:01 AM
    • Kowloon Accomodation

by zigurds Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I am looking for advise on accomodation in this city for 3 nights in Jan 2012. I am travelling with my wife and two teenage children and am looking for centrally located safe apartments/hotels. Our budget is approx150 AUD per night. Hoping to get some ideas of places people have stayed at themselves, and can recommend. Thank you all.

2 Answers Jun 13, 2011 at 5:39 PM
    • From Nathan Road to Disneyland / OCean park

by jomil Online Now May 16, 2011 at 6:22 PM

hello,
      I would like to know how can we go to disneyland from Nathan road and how much is the transportation (HKD). and how can we go back to the same place from Disney?

And can you also give as direction on how to go OCEAN PARK from Nathan Road also.

this is our firstime to visit hongkong and we dont know what to expect on hongkong, Im traveling with my wife and 2 kids( 7 & 9 yrs old.)

By the way if we ride the bus from the airport do we have to buy card or can we pay the driver cash? thank you very much

Jomil
      Philippines.

8 Answers May 20, 2011 at 9:05 PM
    • Wireless Internet

by techman2009 Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a good price for wireless internet service for my laptop using their adapter (not sure what kind...i.e. pci express, usb) they have? I need it for 2-weeks for my stay in Hong Kong. I don't plan on staying at a hotel, but with family members.

• handher's Profile Photo

From Kowloon to Lantau Island for the cable ride and outdoor sitting budha

by handher Online Now Feb 10, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Hello;

Can someone advise how to do above itinerary mentioned? I know the easier way is to take a paid tour but i cannot spend 8hours in the tour and all them take this long. I am looking to do this 3-5 hours tops. Can someone advice itinerary from hyatt regency tsim sha tsui to the cable ride and then up to the statue and perhaps the monastery? Thanks

4 Answers Feb 18, 2011 at 11:40 PM
    • How to get to Guandong Hotel fro airport

by mickeyms Online Now Oct 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM

How do i get to guandong hotel from airport?

3 Answers Oct 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    • Getting to Harbour Plaza Metropolis Hotel from Airport

by purvee Online Now Oct 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Thoughts on how this hotel is and how one can get there from HKG airport? There will be 5 of us, 4 adults and a baby so what is the best way to get there and back from airport.

Also, what all is there to do around there? Is it in walking distance or hitch cab etc?

Also, any veg. food recommendations near there in walking distance?

We'll be there for 2 weeks. All guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

4 Answers Oct 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM
    • Hong Kong MTR fare classes

by cnhlau Online Now Oct 13, 2010 at 6:20 PM

What is a consessionary fare? How does one qualitfy for it?

3 Answers May 11, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    • LadyHawkau's Profile Photo

Guide needed

by LadyHawkau Online Now May 17, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Hello everyone

We are heading over to HK from Oct 4th to the 15th and would be very interested in finding a guide. We are not into organised tourist travel, we like to get out and about and find out about the place we are staying and see villages and meet the real people.

We don't travel many miles to shop,shop,shop although we do a little shopping to take home. We did try this in KL but ended up with someone who treated us like a business deal. We are easy to get along with and don't mind paying for a good guide. We take care of anyone who takes care of us equally.

If you know of anyone who would be interested we would really appreciate it.

LadyHawkau.

4 Answers May 19, 2010 at 10:11 PM
    • The Royal Plaza Hotel Kowloon

by chantalleptos Online Now May 6, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Hello!
      I am seeking some advice regarding accommodation; my partner and I are travelling to Hong Kong from Australia in November for leisure/ sightseeing and shopping.
      I have been trying to work out where we are going to stay however I am having some difficulty with the different areas/which is better, etc.
      So far I have gathered that we want to stay in Kowloon (Mongkok or Tsim Sha Tsui).
      I'd like to know if anyone has stayed at The Royal Plaza and whether they can comment on the location/property. I have chosen this property as I have been able to find a fantastic Internet price.
      I am also open to recommendations and advice!
      Many thanks,
      C.

4 Answers May 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    • Telephone contact Salisbury YMCA

by LNER Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Can you please give me the telepone number for the Salisbury YMCA hotel?
      Thank you.

1 Answer Feb 10, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    • desertgecko's Profile Photo

Things to do in Kowloon?

by desertgecko Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Hi all! My husband and I will be staying in Kowloon for 3 days as a stop over and was wondering what we could do in that time frame? We are staying at the Regal Oriental hotel in Kowloon City. We are interested in trying out the local food and visiting markets and shopping areas. I have also read about Victoria Peak. Is it easy to get too? Anything else that is a must see? Basically, we want to see as much as possible!

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Feb 9, 2010 at 6:27 AM
    • currency

by pedie Online Now Jan 12, 2010 at 4:40 AM

hi can you advise on prefered currency hk.dollar or us.dollar.

5 Answers Jan 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

How much to pay?

by alycat Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I am planning to stay at a budget accomodation on Nathan Rd in kowloon something like Mirador or Chow king mansions.

I wanted to know if this is tourist season and also if I can bargain the price as well. If so, what would the ideal price be for 1 person with an attached washroom or common/shared washroom.

7 Answers Aug 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    • COMEONDOWN's Profile Photo

Hostels In Kowloon or Even Hong-Kong side

by COMEONDOWN Online Now Jan 9, 2009 at 5:13 AM

We are eight adults (four girls and four guys) and are all in tight budget. Can someone out there help us locate a cheap but very central and clean hostel. We certainly appreciate it very much! Many thanks Friends!

3 Answers Jan 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    • adnan1977's Profile Photo

need help

by adnan1977 Online Now Dec 12, 2008 at 5:59 AM

I will be in HongKong on 25 dec. Can anyone recommend me seafood restaurants in Kowloon area or in mongkok region. The place can be reach by using MRT and easy to find. This is because i bring my 3 yrs children.

Thanks. Please include the address.

4 Answers Dec 13, 2008 at 5:42 AM
    • How to get to Mong kok MTR from China Ferry Terminal?

by peterlimyk Online Now Dec 1, 2008 at 7:57 PM

I'll be arriving at China Ferry Terminal from Macau and I'm searching for any bus that brings me to any MTR station between Tsim Tsa Tsui and Mong Kok MTR stations as I'm gonna stay at budget hostel near Mong Kok MTR Station.

Any bus service from China Ferry Terminal to MTR?

Thanks

4 Answers Oct 13, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    • cdya's Profile Photo

Food.

by cdya Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 6:30 AM

Hi! My friend just arrived from hong kong last week. She told me that food was quite costly. Is it true or is it probably because she was clueless on where to go? I'm going there on October and I don't want to be clueless too. help! =P

12 Answers Sep 28, 2008 at 8:20 AM
    • cdya's Profile Photo

street markets and malls

by cdya Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 6:26 AM

hello again! my trip to hong kong will only be 3 days so i am really maximizing my time. I'd like to know the:

-best mall to shop for hip clothes
      -which market is better--Ladies market or Temple street?
      -places that are not frequented by tourists but have good sceneries/ backdrops for pictures

thanks everyone!

5 Answers Sep 28, 2008 at 8:23 AM
    • cdya's Profile Photo

need info regarding tsuen wan

by cdya Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM

hello! there isn't anyone who post in the forum in tsuen wan here in VT. i thought of dropping the question here since many post in here. Thing is, I'll be staying in tsuen wan during my trip to hong kong. I'd like to ask:

-the best way to go to yuen yuen institute from the airport
      -how to go back from yuen yuen institute to castle peak road
      -other things that I can do in tsuen wan

thanks! I hope you would also entertain my questions in the future regarding kowloon and hong kong island. =)

3 Answers Sep 17, 2008 at 6:10 AM
    • nabana's Profile Photo

regal oriental hotel

by nabana Online Now Aug 27, 2008 at 9:22 PM

hello. i need help with our vacation in hong kong next week. we'll be staying at regal oriental hotel and

-what are the procedures to get to hk disneyland?
      -what is the best way to go to macau/venetia?
      -how can we go to victoria peak?
      -where are the best shopping places?

thanks a lot! =)

4 Answers Aug 29, 2008 at 8:34 AM
    • Airport Bus A21 to Royal Plaza Mongkok -which is best station to alight for taxi transfer??

by jjlin Online Now Aug 10, 2008 at 2:33 AM

Can anyone tell me which is the best station to alight to conveniently switch to taxi to reach Royal Plaza Mongkok?

I was told to either 1) take A21 to Hung Hom Stn, then take KCR to next station at Mongkok, then walk thru shopping complex
      or 2) take A21 to Mongkok MTR stn, then walk 10mins
      but I don't want to drag my luggages together with 3 children and I'm thinking better if I stop at any A21 statn that has convenient taxi stand next to it.

My flight will reach HK at about 230pm so taxi readily available this time I suppose?

Thanks & appreciate your replies..

2 Answers Aug 10, 2008 at 9:27 PM
    • Jumbo Floating Restaurant to Ladies Market...THANKS AGAIN poetjo!!!

by puppiez Online Now Jul 30, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Thanks for your patience poetjo and everyone!!!

Hoping you could help me again =P We're a total of 7 people. Going with my mother's friends, who are in their 70's.

May I know what is the Fastest and Easiest way to go to Ladies Market from the Jumbo Floating Restaurant?

Thank you!!!

• Is mitsukoshi department store near Times Square? Thanks poetjo!!!

by puppiez Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Hello poetjo!!! We'll be in Hong Kong by 12 noon this coming Sunday, August 3, 2008, until Tuesday, August 5.
      I read that we can take a Bus from Mitsukoshi department store to Jumbo Floating Restaurant. Is this right and is it near Times Square?

Hope you could help me again=)
      We're planning on using this itinerary for August 3, Sunday:

a. How can we get to Jumbo Floating Restaurant FROM Times Square ?
      b. What is the Landmark of the Bus Stop ?
      c. How much is the Bus Fare?
      d. How and What is the Easiest way to get TO Ladies Market FROM Jumbo Floating Restaurant ?

Thank You!!!

1 Answer Jul 30, 2008 at 12:08 AM
    • Times Square to Jumbo Floating Restaurant...Thanks poetjo!!!

by puppiez Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Thanks poetjo!!!

Hello! May I know

a. How to get to Jumbo Floating Restaurant FROM Times Square
      b. What is the Landmark of the Bus Stop
      c. How and What is the Easiest way to get TO Ladies Market FROM Jumbo Floating Restaurant

Thanks a bunch in advance=) Have a great week!!!

1 Answer Jul 29, 2008 at 9:56 PM
    • Jumbo Floating Restaurant...Thanks poetjo!!!

by puppiez Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Thanks poetjo!!!

Hello again=)

a. Is the Jumbo Floating Restaurant on Hong Kong Island?
      b. What's the best time to go there? Morning or evening
      c. What MTR Stop and Star Ferry Stop is near it?

Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

1 Answer Jul 29, 2008 at 2:18 PM