Kowloon Travel Answers

change location
desertgecko's Profile Photo

Things to do in Kowloon?

by desertgecko Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Hi all! My husband and I will be staying in Kowloon for 3 days as a stop over and was wondering what we could do in that time frame? We are staying at the Regal Oriental hotel in Kowloon City. We are interested in trying out the local food and visiting markets and shopping areas. I have also read about Victoria Peak. Is it easy to get too? Anything else that is a must see? Basically, we want to see as much as possible!

Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • swift33706's Profile Photo

Re: Things to do in Kowloon?

by swift33706 Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM

You'll love Hong Kong and the modern mass transit makes it easy to get around. We stayed at the Regal Kowloon which was very close to the subway. Most hotels will have a list of the different attractions that will keep you busy for three days. Don't miss Stanley Market either.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Three days is a reasonable amount of time to walk and take in the atmosphere and ambience of Kowloon/Hong Kong.

On Kowloon side, near the water, is the Peninsula Hotel which is interesting to pop into just for a look and possibly Afternoon Tea if you like. Near there also, are several museums and your hotel will be able to advise you about these.

Kowloon side is also best for shopping; you can walk or take the subway up Nathan Road to have a closer look at markets, small local restaurants, etc., just take a day to do that and stop along the way where your fancy takes you.

Across the water, which you will transit via the Star Ferry, is Hong Kong Island and where Victoria Peak is. Take the tram up the Peak, yes, easy to find. Also check into going around the back of HK Island to Stanley; a dif ambience; and also there are easy afternoon/day trips to some of the other islands, each is dif in its own way.

You should enjoy it immensely without having to be very structured.

• picek's Profile Photo

by picek Online Now Feb 9, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Mong Kok area consist of several 'market streets' which are short ride from Tsim Sha Tsui by subway or bus. Very colorful views - from fish to flowers, clothes and all that... you can spend one day whole if you really are into markets and details.

Another market I 'tried' was Tai po market, a smaller one but has most local things to buy. Has more local flavor as well.

Then there is also 'organic market' once a week, it's in Central and sells good quality stuff, mainly vegetables and fruit. I bought very nice tea seed oil there.

Beside, Hong Kong is very large (7 mio people) and there are plenty things to see! Parks, temples, skyscrapers, islands, heritage trails... historical stuff and all the latest.

have a look at VT travel guides, sure you can decide easier if you see some pictures and descriptions. there's a lot of info on where to eat and how to travel.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines