Kovalam

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• need advise for honeymoon trip.

by saurabh_ckp Online Now Yesterday

i am going to Kerala(india) for my honeymoon in July please advise ...

1 Answer Yesterday
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Night Entertainment in Kovalam

by balramdass Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Hi All
      Coming to Kovalam in late Jan and staying at the Turtle Beach hotel. Can you tell me if there is any evening entertainment in and around Kovalam please, any kathakali show? With bar would be great.
      Many thanks in advance

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    • Tour of Kovalam, Munnar & Kodaikanal

by Swarup.nag Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Hi,
      I want to make a tour plan of Kovalam, Munnar, Kodaikanal. Ca anybody guide me about the road plan starting from Kolkata to come back ?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    • aletaj.'s Profile Photo

Apartment for 3 months in Kovalam

by aletaj. Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Hello VT members!

My husband and I are arriving to Trivandrum on November 4... We need a flat or apartment... large studio or one bedroom for 3 months...Nov>Feb.. furnished, wifi internet, pool, and sea view... preferred in good  location of Kovalam.   On internet i am only finding expensive luxury places above our budget of 25,000. rupees per month..

Any suggestions or contacts is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• water sports in kovalam

by udit123 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 2:55 AM

are there any water sports activities in kovalam ????

4 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:50 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Floating restaurants.

by doofus Online Now Jun 30, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Hi,
      I have heard that there are 'floating restaurants' on the backwaters at Kovalam. can anyone confirm this and , if so, give some details etc, if poss.

Also, how far is Kovalam Junction to the nearest beach and is it safe enough to walk?

thanks

3 Answers Oct 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    • looking to find house for rent in kovalam for 1/2 months july august

by shantijee Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Namaste hello everyone,

I m looking to rent a house in kovalam for two months, anyone has an house to rent in july/august?

thank you

7 Answers Jul 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM
    • jacquesrenaud's Profile Photo

Kovalam - Santana - Some news from my friend ?

by jacquesrenaud Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Hi,

My first time in Kovalam was in 1995. I remember, August the 14th in the night. The beach near the light house was almost empty. I arrived in front of the Santana and the owner was alone, looking sad. I asked him - You look sad, why ? - Sit down there. What do you want to drink ? Do you want to share my food ? -. - Sure -. - Look at the light house, what do you see on the top ? -. - A flag ? -. - Yes a flag. Tomorrow is Independance day and this evening I had a hard problem with a client, an English woman*. This is the reason why I am sad -. We spent, we shared a good, a friendly time together.

In 1998 I went back with my wife. He was starting a new Santana (he has been obliged to leave the previous place). He offered us to sleep in a bedroom near his own room. For lunch we were sharing with him his own family's food. Hot and gorgeous. He and his friends invited us to kathakali (art "total"). With my wife the first and the second half-time (make-up and the the theater itself), and the third one without my wife in his room with the kathakali "khelari".

I don't like to say "he". But I was so affraid by the foreign languages, I was not sure about his first name, I was affraid not to speak good. Raju ? Please don't tell him I don't remember his name.

What happened to Santana ? What happened to my friend ? We want to visit him again between January 18th and 21th. Can somebody give me some news about him ? How to contact him ?

Thanks for your answer

Jacques (who is a little late wishing happy birthday to Bharat)

* I supposed an Algerian restaurant owner would be very sad if July the 4th in the night a French client would manage to have a quarrel with him (I am French). Alas, I know it could happen...

4 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    • e-smile's Profile Photo

Kovalam - To - Goa

by e-smile Online Now Mar 30, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Hiya

I need to travel from Kovalam to Goa (palolem). Any suggestions?

Tx
      e-smile

6 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • eatouts

by sangeetasiwach Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Hi,
      plz suggest a nice place for sea food,and not to heavy on wallet.also some place for live music. planning to visit on 25 march

1 Answer Feb 25, 2011 at 1:20 AM
    • hongkongsteve's Profile Photo

Need a good dentist in Kovalam

by hongkongsteve Online Now Jan 24, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Hi,

I am coming to Kovalam in February and i am looking to get some dental work done and could do we some recommendations.

I need to get several crowns and an implant fitted and i don't know which dentist to choose. I have seen many advertised online, but i would be more interested in hearing from any VT'rs that know of a good dentist in the town.

The reason for being cautious is that i had two Nobel Biocare implants fitted in Goa last year and i found out that from having an X-ray back home that the dentist fitted one of the implants incorrectly so im worried its going to happen again, or im going to have another bad experience.

any help or recommendations would be most grateful.

Thanks and happy travels.

• hongkongsteve's Profile Photo

The best beach hotel to stay in Kovalam

by hongkongsteve Online Now Jan 24, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a good hotel/b&b in Kovalam. Ideally, we are looking to pay around 2000/2500 INR per night and be on the beach, or close by. Ideally the hotel should have sea views rooms with a terrace/balcony, a pool and wi-fi internet. I've seen many advertised but the pictures aren't that great so any personal recommendations would be fantastic.

Thanks....

5 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • NYE in Kovalam

by wheretonext Online Now Dec 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Hi there

I will be in Kovalam for New Years Eve. Are there any real safety concerns if two females are out and about on the beach for NYE? Also, is there anywhere to kick on after festivities finish up at the beach at 12:30?

3 Answers Dec 20, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    • Jessichops's Profile Photo

Kovalam to Periyar - an easy journey?

by Jessichops Online Now Feb 18, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Hi there,

As an alternative to the post below, my boyfriend and I are planning to maybe travel from Kovalam to Periyar Lake / National Park and can't find any info on whether this is easy to do!

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? Method of transport / time it takes (roughly) / cost if known? We are not against hiring a driver, but would still like an idea of length of time and cost for this option.

We will spend one night in Kovalam, then 3 nights at Periyar, then will need to return to Kovalam for 2 nights to meet a friend. Therefore this journey is not just one way - so if there is any difference between the 2 (Kov - Per / Per - Kov) please can you supply info for both if possible.

Thanks in advance :D

• Jessichops's Profile Photo

Hotel minefield

by Jessichops Online Now Feb 17, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Hi all,

I'm going to Kovalam with my boyfriend next month and we have been looking online and at travel books and forums and we have found that it is very tricky to know for sure which of the hundreds of hotels would be a good option.

Each seems to have a mix of good and terrible reviews. We are only in Kovalam for 5 nights before travelling round Kerala... but really would like a great value for money hotel, ideally with a pool (even a small one) and also would like it to be near one of the beaches.

Does anyone have any mid range, but with top notch family-run-type service they can recommend? ....we realise that it also may be too late now to find anywhere to book at short notice! If you have good websites to book through too, this would be great!

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Regards,
      Jess & Ilia

3 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Shopping

by bromsgrove Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Any tips as to where to shop in and around Kovalam.

3 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    • Weather

by bromsgrove Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Whats the weather like at the moment and whats it likely to be in December.

1 Answer Nov 20, 2008 at 3:27 PM
    • Asha13's Profile Photo

Transport to and from Periyar

by Asha13 Online Now Nov 13, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Hi!

My friends are needing to get from Cochin to Periyar and then from Periyar to Kovalam in January.

I understand that this journey has to be made by bus.

Has anyone got any further information regarding bus times/location/journey times/prices/how and where to book. Can reservations be made in advance?

All info gratefully received!!

1 Answer Nov 15, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    • Does anyone have an update.

by Brynnwelch Online Now Mar 30, 2008 at 8:34 AM

Have any travellers been to Kovalam, especially the Uday Samudra Hotel, this year who can give me an update on my earlier question on Have Things Changed over the past four years. Thanks in advance to all who may respond to this request. Brynn and Pam Welch. Stafford, England.

3 Answers Nov 20, 2008 at 5:16 AM
    • House Boat Sockets

by YorkshireGlenn Online Now Jan 24, 2008 at 4:51 AM

Hi all, Wer'e goining to Kovalam in March and would like to go on a houseboat overnight. However I have sleep apnea and need to use a CPAPs machine plugged into an electric socket...question is do the houseboats have electric sockets? Any Info greatfully received. thanks

3 Answers Feb 12, 2008 at 11:45 PM
    • Tipping?

by DebBowers Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 3:30 AM

Another question! Can anyone advise on the subject of tipping,such as how much for room maids/boys,taxis and in restaurants etc. What is appropriate, also if you go on trips/backwaters for staff on boat? Many thanks.

3 Answers Jan 14, 2008 at 12:18 AM
    • Have things changed

by Brynnwelch01 Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 3:25 PM

I visited Kovalam in 2004 and stayed at the Uday Samudra Hotel. Then it was a small hotel with the rooms surrounding one outside pool. I have just booked a holiday at the same hotel for November this year and see that it now is much larger with 3 pools and a lot more rooms. My question is : - Has the increase in the tourist capacity of this hotel spoilt the small beach by bringing in too many tourists. Are the outside bars and shacks ( for eating ) now full of tourists. Anyone got any advice they can give to me.

6 Answers Jan 21, 2008 at 2:13 AM
    • Clothing?

by DebBowers Online Now Jan 6, 2008 at 6:34 AM

We are off to Kovalam in Feb staying at the Uday Samudra hotel. It is our first time to Kerala and having read a bit about it being disrespectful to go around in the sort of clothing you might wear in say mediterranean resorts I am not really sure what sort of clothing would be appropriate. With temps being high we want to stay cool but also don't want to cause any offence. I am quite happy to wear long trousers/skirts but are strappy sun tops a no-no and also away from the hotel/resort is it ok for men to walk around in shorts? Any advice would be much appreciated. Is it easy enough to find clothing shops to suit western tastes in Trivandrum? Many thanks.

3 Answers Jan 7, 2008 at 11:09 AM
    • Samudra Hotel Kovalam

by kristieh Online Now Jan 5, 2008 at 10:49 AM

We will be staying at the Samudra Hotel in Februay. Although we have been to Kerala several times we have always stayed on Lighthouse Beach, and wondered what the beaches near the Samudra Hotel are like and are there places to eat. Also is it possible to walk from the hotel to Eve's and Lighthouse beaches in the daytime.

5 Answers Jan 10, 2008 at 5:15 AM
    • Currency

by oxfordlad Online Now Nov 28, 2007 at 2:18 AM

what currency is best to take from the UK to Kerala? Is it best to take sterling or US Dollars? Is it true you cannot get Indian Rupees here than take them to India? Should we take travellers chewues in sterling,euros or US Dollars or should I take a combination of cash and travellers chequers? thanks for any help!

3 Answers Dec 2, 2007 at 4:06 PM
    • Jabs and malaria

by oxfordlad Online Now Oct 31, 2007 at 4:53 AM

I am going to Kovalam in January does anyone know what jabs I will need and if I should take malaria tablets?

4 Answers Mar 6, 2008 at 11:34 AM
    • to kovalam this dec jan

by lolithajones1978 Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 9:50 AM

hi all.. am going to kovalam this dec2008. thinking about booking the room at planet bamboo holidays... it seems cute very very indian... does anyone have any info regarding this pla let me know

1 Answer Oct 19, 2007 at 9:19 AM
    • Kovalam, Kerala 9th Oct till 14th 2007

by CIBOTE Online Now Sep 27, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Hi folks; I am coming to Kerala for the first time on 9th oct, and staying at SEA FACE HOTEL; would welcome some comments on cafes, restaurants, and also one or two good masseurs.. would like to have some good ayurvedic massages while there.
      Shall be on my own; so it would be nice to chat, to meet locals down by the beach, or pool side or whatever. I love new cultures; and have enjoyed meeting some men and women from Kerala in Ireland. love to hear from you. Thank you.. I have just joined this evening. Do PLease tell me the kind of prices for the massage etc.
      Patrick.

1 Answer Sep 27, 2007 at 7:35 PM
    • Jasmine Palace or Thushara hotel

by oxfordlad Online Now Sep 24, 2007 at 7:38 AM

We wer thinking of booking in one of these two hotels,has anybody stayed there before and know which one is best or has anyone any tips?

1 Answer Oct 16, 2007 at 8:34 AM
    • Best way to book for Kovalam

by oxfordlad Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 1:05 AM

I am thinking of going to Kovalam in January with my girlfriend,is it better to just book a flight and book hotel seperatly or is it just as well to book flight and hotel together at a place like first choice? Which would be cheapest? we are thinking of going for around 2 weeks.Have anyone a hotel they can recommend? We have been to Goa before but this is our first time in Kerala.

4 Answers Oct 16, 2007 at 8:36 AM