Kovalam Travel Answers

change location

travelling with kids

by dippyem Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 4:45 AM

Hi there, I am looking for any hints, tips so that we can make the best of our time in Kovalom. We are staying at the Leela January 25th for two weeks and are bringing our son who will be three by then.
We have travelled long haul with him already and have sorted out jabs etc.
He should be fine with food due to his mummies curry addiction he can eat most things although I will be v. careful with water
I am also assuming that we will have loads of local kids on tow at the beach as ours will probably act as a kiddy magnet, this is absolutly fine.
Although we do like somewhere nice to stay we do like getting out and about and seeing what is going on locally.
We would like to do a few trips and if possible go on a short back water tour and I think that there may be a festival at the time that we are there.
Any advice will be welcome.Thanks for your help it will be greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: travelling with kids

by laney6 Online Now Aug 11, 2007 at 3:13 AM

hi there,i was in kovalam in march of this year. the beaches are lovely but there was lots of hassle from the hawkers{there again, i was in india!}. be sure to visit the capital trivandrum, i visited three times in two weeks. lots to see there and i bought some gorgeous silk from parthas material shop.
    i also went down to cochin for three days and i think that was the best part of the trip, there was so much to see and do there.i stayed at the chiramel homestay in cochin, reasonable and with lots of character. i didnt do the backwater cruise as they seemed to be quite expensive.
    as for the festivals there seems to be one every other week, my advice would be to take some ear plugs as the music starts very early and finishes late into the night. the one at our local temple went on for ten days, after the initial excitment the novelty soon wears off through lack of sleep.
    have a lovely holiday!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines