Kota Kinabalu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• drop off point of Sipitang express bus in kota kinabalu

by sallythoe Online Now Yesterday

What is a good inexpensive hotel with safe and pool near the drop off point in KK?

• Trip at Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre

by World_City Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What do you think about facilities and pricing for Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre?

5 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    • lhotsky's Profile Photo

Day trips from KK

by lhotsky Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Hi,

We would like to spend some time in KK (5 days) and would like to do some day trips away from KK. This is my ideas:
      - we dont want to join any group tours
      - we would like to rent a car (we are 4 persons), but cant drive (left side driving), so driver (guide drive is essential)

Places to be visited (my suggestions):

- some nice rural rice paddies (I dont expect rice terraces)
      - Monsopiad Cultural Village
      - Kinarut megalith statue (there should be more of them around) - I dont know possition
      - Beaufort to Tenom railway (and back, I assume car cant get through and should go around)
      - Rafflesia Forest Reserve Centre - worth to visit it?
      - Mahua waterfalls - worth to visit it?
      - Mengkabong and/or Panimbawan villages
      - Kudat penninsula (Rungus Longhouses, gong village, tip of Borneo) - is it safe area?

We dont want to climb Mt. Kinabalu. Before Sabah we spent 10 days in Sarawak doing Rajang river cruise, Bako Ntl. park and Niah Ntl. Park so we would omit further jungle treks in Sabah.

It is possible to stay overnight somewhere on the way, we are OK with very simple comfort (we dont expect hot water shower in a village).

How does it sound? Any recommendation (nice valleys, photogenic scenes ...)?

Thanks a lot!

Richard

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    • 4D3N Itinerary (Family trip, a group of 10 pax)

by jesswcp Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I have actually plan for my family trip in KK with a group of 10 people, half of them aged above 50 and half of them are my cousins.

We are going to stay at Marina Court (heard this would be the best option to accomodate big group with the apartment), and we plan to rent a van that can fit 10 of us, be if with driver or my uncle can take the ride.

Please see if my itinerary works with the consideration of timing and the for the eldery. They are 1st time in KK (except me)

Day 1:
      - Arrive in the evening 5pm
      - Plan to get the van and rent for my entire travelling day (until Day 4 12pm)
      Q: worth it? or other best alternatives?
      - Dinner at Gaya street/ Damai Plaza/ places nearby

Day 2:
      - Rumah Terbalik
      - Mount Kinabalu Park
      - Poring Hot Spring
      - Desa Dairy Farm - Kundasang
      Q: Feasible to do so, is that too rush? and worth for travel that far again the next day?

Day 3:
      - Kudat_Rungus Longhouse
      Q: How far is this from town?
      - Sepilok Orang Utan/ Zoo?
      - Seafood dinner @ Gayang
      Q: is that along the way for Day 3? Or shd it be at Day 2 instead?

Day 4:
      - Philipino Market in the morning?
      - Check out at 10am

Question: the elderly are looking for frozen kind of sea/ seafood product (fish, dried scallop etc) , any place recommended for that with reasonable price?

Thanks alot!

8 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 11:07 PM
    • 12 Days in and around KK?

by david.surace Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Hi,

i will be flying into KK in may for 12 days (Solo) and wondering if i should base myself there for the duration and do day trips around or break it up between other destinations. I want to do a combination of beach, relax, trek and wildlife and adventure. any suggestions would be much appreciated. i was thinking of staying in hostels so i could meet people and perhaps join up on some activities.

9 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 12:44 AM
    • Kinabula Sightseeing

by joepeck23 Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I have 2 more day at Kinabula City after conquering the Mt KK. Where can I go for sightseeing? It's a Sat & Sun. Flying off on Monday.

Any 2d1n island stay & relax?

9 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM
    • electrical outlet

by malaysiatraveler Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Is it good to carry an android tablet in Kota kinabalu? If so, do I need a condenser and an out let attachment since I'm coming from the US. Can buy them there?

1 Answer Jan 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM
    • LaiJ's Profile Photo

mount kinabalu one day climb

by LaiJ Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM

i had read about one day climb in some article,but i wonder is that any bus from kota kinabalu to mount kinabalu at 4am and return at 5pm.

4 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • hvpl's Profile Photo

Delicious wholesome food KK & nearby

by hvpl Online Now Dec 27, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I find that much of the food in mid/high-end eateries in KK are pre-processed or industrial produce or comes out of a can. Where do I find freshly made-from-scratch food from traditional agriculture in KK or nearby?

I am prepared to pay a premium for such more healthy fare. Wouldn't you?

3 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 5:38 AM
    • Article for Dutch media

by yanaika Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Hi! I am writing a few articles about Kota Kinabalu and I will travel there in January. Anyone who knows special, interesting or nice companies, places or people I should visit? Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    • Local eateries and alcohol

by Gerhyland Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Hi

We like to eat locally when travelling. Can we bring beer and wine to local restarants and if licensed are the prices of beer and wine western?

I am aware that some are Muslim so no alcohol applies bt what about the Chinese Malay and Indian restauranta?

Cheers

Ger

6 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM
    • KK Accomodation for week in Aug 2014

by Gerhyland Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Hi
      We are a couple in early 50s and like local travel experiences.

Wanted: 3-4 star clean hotel. Must have nice pool and breakfast and within walking distance of local eateries.

Not Wanted: 5 star western luxury, shopping malls and western restarants

Something like Grand Margherita Kuching

Many thanks

2 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • NYE 2013 in Kota Kinabalu

by Wewander Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 2:09 AM

My husband and I are staying at the Hyatt Hotel in KK over New Year and want to know what celebrations will be happening and can we book in for a special dinner somewhere?

• LizzyBeeswax's Profile Photo

Car Hire - Which Company to use?

by LizzyBeeswax Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Hi all,

We have just arrived in KK and are looking to hire a car for around 3 days (without a driver).

Although we have seen plenty of agencies and car hire companies, I was hoping for a recommendation from someone that has actually used a rental company and was happy with the service and cost. (We have run into issues such as being overcharged for petrol or hugely inflated prices to repair scratches that were there in the first place or made by another person/car when the vehicle was parked.)

Many thanks in advance.

Kate

1 Answer Oct 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    • how to travel

by latha_tafe Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM

which is the best way to travel...rent car with driver or drive by our own?

7 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Mt Kota Kinabalu mountain trek

by capelkay Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Planning a visit for July 2014.
      any major problem with time of year to climb, eg trips cancelled because blah blah blah,
      where do I start? does one need to prebook if so how.
      any tips on tour guides and ways to avoid inflated tourist prices.
      we plan for 3 weeks in Sabah so any tips on must see and best way to go about it are gratefully read.
      Look forward to hearing replys.

5 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    • Clean, quiet, safe possible for under 65 MYR?

by JustaGuyy Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 4:16 AM

I will not be making reservations but arriving Saturday morning by bus from KK airport. What's my best bet for a CLEAN, QUIET cheap room for two that is relatively safe without bedbugs, roaches, etc and reasonably accomodating staff?

1 Answer Sep 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    • Arriving midnight, where can I exchange dollars for Ringgitt?

by JustaGuyy Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Arriving midnight, where can I exchange dollars for Ringgitt? I hate using atms, but will do in an emergency, Are there reliable atm machines cirrus that connect to usa banks without big service charges at airport?

6 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    • Activities among the local people in Melaka

by Adette Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM

What activities can the tourists participate with the local natives?

2 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 5:45 AM
    • travelling alone

by peter_raj Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hi , im travelling alone to KK next week. can anyone acompany me? do any single travellers around there?
      Please reply soon.

Tq=

2 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    • ulm168's Profile Photo

motor bike rentals

by ulm168 Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Are there motorbike rentals in kota kinabalu as they do in Hanoi? It might be the better solution to trek up mt. kinabalu without prior reservation.

8 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    • Any recommended tour guide to Kundasang, KK for 12people?

by purplestarqq Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I wish to find a tour guide for my kk trip for 2 days 1 night at Kundasang. Any recommended tour guide here?

4 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    • ulm168's Profile Photo

What to do in BKI

by ulm168 Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Got 5 days in Kota Kinabalu 2nd week of August. What should I do ? Is it possible to trek up Mt. Kinabalu? How do i go about it?

13 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    • dmitch1987's Profile Photo

Unmissable KK 22nd-26th July

by dmitch1987 Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Hi guys I am posting these up in our various honeymoon locations Singapore,KK,KL and Langkawi so if you can help out on any of the others feel free to pop over and answer away.

Myself and partner (wife when travelling) are trying to plan an itinerary and want to find out about the kinda of stuff that isn't in the tour guides (markets festivals etc.) as well as your personal recommendations.

In KK we will be staying in the Tajung Aru 22nd - early morning 26th. Any recommendations for these dates please help out.

Cheers and thank-you in advance!

2 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 4:04 AM
    • searching for the sun, need a beach

by olihemmings Online Now May 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I'm currently in Kota Kinabalu, I came here for some island/beach action. Its raining and forecast to carry on for a while didnt check. I'm approaching the end of my trip and I just want to lounge around on beaches and party in the evenings. I've stayed in mostly Thailand and never touched the north like Cambodia.
      I have to fly back on the 23rd of May at the latest, I have no flight booked, I ideally want to fly back to London from Bangkok or Singapore.
      Where are the awesome beaches and good night life?
      What you guys reckon ?

16 Answers May 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    • maari89's Profile Photo

Bali

by maari89 Online Now May 2, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Hi all...my friends and I planning to go to Bali this coming October for 3 days 2 night. can you guys suggest any budget and safe place to stay? there will be 9 of us fly from Kota Kinabalu...

3 Answers May 2, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    • From KK city to Nexus resort - taxi rate

by lena13 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 5:58 AM

What sort of price should I be prepared to pay for a taxi from KK to Nexus resort?

1 Answer Mar 24, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

NYE in Kota Kinabalu

by nattybabe Online Now Oct 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Hi all,

I'm just found out that the hotel we're staying in in KK does not enforce the NYE dinner as I first thought.

Do you have any suggestions as to what we should do? It will be me and my dad (62 and 32) and we won't want to go and get"£^ but will want to drink and have fun, perhaps dinner. Should we just stay at the hotel (Magellan Sutera) who are hosting dinners, or go somewhere else?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks! Natalie

5 Answers Oct 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    • EryNez's Profile Photo

Female Solo Traveler

by EryNez Online Now Sep 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Hi, friends..

I am going to KK for 3D/3N only in this Sept 29 - Oct 2, 2012.
      Would need help on the most suitable itineary for such short time (in details if possible).
      Kindly point out the main attraction / spot and the 'must do' or 'must try - food' in KK.
      I supposed to be traveling with a friend but ended up going alone; it is safe for female to travel alone in KK, right?
      Also, any recommendation on where to stay? Affordable place but nice and easily accessible? I would really love to be able to stroll around on foot if possible.

Thank you very much & cheers..!
      ERY

4 Answers Sep 28, 2012 at 4:57 AM
    • taxi rate

by mish_ Online Now Jul 10, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Hi, anyone know if it's more worth it to book tour package on net behorehand or more suitable to buy package in the centre while we're at KK?

Besides, what's the taxi rate from kkia to jesselton point?
      If I book room at gayana eco resort, where should I head to when I reach jesselton point?

Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM