Kota Baharu Travel Answers

change location

How I can reach Gong-Kedak?

by sololga Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Hi! I am from Russia. I am going to visit Malaysia next month.Could you please give me advice, how I can reach Gong-Kedak from Kota-Bharu?
Is it possible use train or bus? If I take a taxi how much it will be cost?
Thanks in advance.Olga.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • stimix's Profile Photo

Re: How I can reach Gong-Kedak?

by stimix Online Now Jul 15, 2009 at 12:34 AM

At 1st I was wondering where is this place & why a Russian wanted to visit this remote & not even well-known to Malaysian until I googled. Now I klnow it's the new Malaysian air force base for Russian Sukhoi Su30 fighter jets...No wonder..

Based on the maps I'm having, Gong Kedak air force base is very far from Kota Bahru & capital of the state of Kelantan it's ~50km South of Kota Bahru..almost similar distance from Kota Bahru to Kuala besut which is nearby, where tourist go there to Perhentian Island. So expecting almost similar taxi rate to Kuala Besut from KB airport of ~RM60 one way.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • perhentianboys's Profile Photo

Re: How I can reach Gong-Kedak?

by perhentianboys Online Now Jul 27, 2009 at 2:36 AM

How do you come? if you come by flight, you still land at Kota Bharu airport. arriving on Kota Bharu airport you can get taxi at RM78/taxi/way to Gong Kedak or By Private car (perdana v6) at RM120/car/way..

what tie your flight..? and how many person you are? if you arrive by morning flight you can get van at RM30/person/way.. but by mini van at least you are 2 person.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines