Kota Baharu Travel Answers

change location
lizzieban's Profile Photo

from kota bahru to kota besut

by lizzieban Online Now Apr 26, 2009 at 11:12 PM

we are flying in from K.L to kota bahru,and need to get to Kota besut (so we can get to the perhentians) how is the best way to get transport there? do we have to organise before we go or just do it when we arrive? (4 adults and 1 baby) how much should we expect to pay?
thank you
lizzieban.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • earthflyer's Profile Photo

Re: from kota bahru to kota besut

by earthflyer Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I would think it would be eaiser if you all payed for a taxi from the airport or small minibus to take you to Kota Besut, I would pay a little more for less hassle because you have a baby.

The ticket office at the pier was just a wooden shack on a wooden pier in 2005.

You can take a speedboat or a slowboat (1 1/2 hour)but get to the Islands early morning if possible if you get afternoon boat very good chance you might struggle to find someplace to stay unless you have pre-booked, which I would reccomend considering I had to spend my first night in a big Dormatory to wait for someone to leave one of the huts the next morning.

have a good time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • earthflyer's Profile Photo

by earthflyer Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Forgot to mention how much it will cost, well in 2005 it was about RM28 but guess these days it will cost abit more but there is four of you so you can split the cost.

• markbank's Profile Photo

by markbank Online Now Apr 27, 2009 at 8:29 AM

u can see in my blog http://markbanktravel.blogspot.com for perhentian guide and the transportation from kota bahru to kuala besut

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines