change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Get to Jasenica

by davrero Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Hi, everybody!
      Do you know what is the best way to get from Kosice Airport to Jasenica? Train? Bus?
      Thanx!!!

• Taxi prices

by Moishes Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 1:58 AM

How much will a taxi cost from kosice airport to Barabas hungary

1 Answer Oct 24, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    • Kosice-Borșa, Rumunia

by smarek Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Hi! I search the best connection between Kosice(Slovakia)-Borșa(Maramureş, Romania) on 3.08.2013 and hours 10-11. Do You have any sollution?

6 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    • VitalyC's Profile Photo

Transfer from Kosice to Uzhorod

by VitalyC Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM

How to get from Kosice to Ukraine border in Veľké Slemence on sunday morning?

4 Answers Mar 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • Accomodation in Kosice

by gautam82 Online Now Oct 2, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Hi,

I am seeking help on cheap accomodation in Kosice for long-term stay purpose since I have a job offer from ICT industry. May request you all to provide me with your inputs including the area with approximate rent (in EUR).

I will be grateful for your advices.

Atul

1 Answer Nov 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    • Overnight in Šaca

by Nervus Online Now Jun 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I'm planning a short stay in the area of Kosice. I found a cheap accommodation in City Building Učňovská 6 Košice - Šaca. I want to know whether it is safe place. I like Slovakia, but last year I was in Velka Ida.I saw there some shocking sights and I wouldn't sleep in a place like Velka Ida ;) Is City Building located in the normal, safe area?

I will be grateful for your answers.

Patrycja (Poland)

2 Answers Jun 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    • Train Vienna-Kosice

by hoopsdream Online Now Mar 22, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I'm traveling to Kosice this fall. It is much cheaper to fly into Vienna, and I want to incorporate a visit to Bratislava anyway. So, questions are:

1. what is the frequency of relatively direct train service, Vienna-Kosice and Kosice-Vienna? I would want to stop off in Bratislava on the return to Vienna.

@. What is approximate duration of trip and approximate cost?

Trying to decide if this is too much hassle to save about400 in air fare from the US. THANKS.

3 Answers Mar 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    • danjherman's Profile Photo

Question about the train from Prague to Kosice

by danjherman Online Now Nov 29, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I have searched through the forums on this, but I am still a little confused. When I go to this site: cd.cz/eshop/international/se...

I am not yet able to buy a train ticket for March when I intend to visit. Is this correct?

Also, if I go through this website, will I be able to get both a reservation on the train and a seat reservation? I have seen some questions about that.

Thank you in advance,
      Daniel

2 Answers Nov 30, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    • danjherman's Profile Photo

Planning a visit to Kosice

by danjherman Online Now Nov 28, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Good morning!

I am planning a trip in early 2012 to Kosice. I have never visited the
      city. My great grandparents came to the United States from Kosice in
      1890. This is going to be a very exciting trip for me. My plan, right
      now, is to fly in to Prague and spend a total of 8 days or so in
      Europe. I know from reading the threads here that there is a train
      that takes one from Prague to Kosice that is about 9 hours long. My
      thought is to spend one whole day and spend overnight in Kosice,
      before taking the train back to Prague. I know, for sure, the one
      thing I want to do is eat a great meal at Golem. Being a beer lover,
      this is a must for me. It also appears that the town of Kosice is very
      central and most if not all of the great city sights can be found on
      foot.

I am looking to stay with one of the local pensions in town and have contacted a few of them already.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
      Daniel
      South Carolina, USA

1 Answer Nov 28, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    • kosice to transylvania

by enovicky Online Now Apr 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM

is there a bus or train that can take me from kosice to translyvania region of romania?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2011 at 11:43 PM
    • a street in Kosice

by raluti Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 5:27 AM

Hello,my grand grand parents got married in Kosice .They lived in Romania and it is strange to find out that they acctually lived in Kosice on" Fo uca 83" -main street in hungarian .I would like to know if this location exists nowadays and if their surnames were of slovak origin because they were born and lived only in Romania .There names were;Berniczky and Volos.any information would be of great help.

4 Answers Sep 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    • Train from airport Kosice to Proprad

by lucio1a Online Now Jul 20, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Hello,
      I seek the following information:
      my daughter has to go from the airport in Kosice Proprad until I saw that there were trains, can you explain how to take the train from the airport fares and schedules?
      thank you in advance
      arrival tiem at Airport +/- at 8PM

1 Answer Jul 21, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    • wiecc's Profile Photo

From Kosice to Hajduszoboszlo

by wiecc Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 1:29 PM

We are arriving in Kosice on Saturday morning August 14th by train from Warsaw. We want to transfer to Hajduszoboszlo (Hungary) by bus. Is it realistic? What time and from where?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    • kosice to budapest

by bnandagopal Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 2:38 AM

i am staying in Kosice for 3 weeks. in one of the weekends i like to visit budapest. what is the best means of transport (train or bus)? i would like to enjoy my bus or train journey rather than going on a flight, so i can see around the beauty of slovakia. what would be the cost of train journey? also any good place to stay in budapest for a day

5 Answers Jun 23, 2010 at 5:23 AM
    • Getting around Slovakia

by bnandagopal Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 9:03 AM

hi everyone. i will be staying in Kosice for 3 weeks. i would like to go around Slovakia. but i know only English and i am finding it very hard. can anyone help me out and also suggest some places that worth visiting.

3 Answers Jun 23, 2010 at 5:11 AM
    • monica71's Profile Photo

General Information on Transportation and Places to Eat

by monica71 Online Now May 21, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Hello,
      I will be in Kosice from June 20 to June 25. I will arrive by plane, therefore I would like to know if I can easily find a cab at the airport to take me to the city center at Hotel Bristol, where I will be staying. How much should I expect to pay for the ride? Are there fixed prices or you need to talk to the cab driver and agree on a price?

Another thing I would like to know is if there are any good places to eat close to the hotel. I am allergic to meat, but I can eat fish. I am also hoping that people speak a little bit of English at the restaurants so we can understand each other a little. I do not expect to find places with an English menu, but I hope to find places where people are friendly and willing to share good and traditional food to friendly tourists.

16 Answers Jun 7, 2010 at 7:06 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Early May in Kosice

by jonathanbarker Online Now Apr 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Hello (Dobry den)

I am travelling with a colleague through Slovakia in early May 2010, and we have decided to visit Kosice during our travels, in our guide it mentions a festival and while we are there we would like to explore the city and region.

Please can you tell me what you would recommend to see and do in Kosice? Any good local pubs/restaurants/Krcma? We have read about the main square, St Elizabeth's cathedral.

I hear of a children's railway nearby, can you please advise us of how we would get to it.

From Kosice we plan to travel by train to Romania and hope that we can travel through northern Hungary towards Satu Mare?

D'akujem

1 Answer May 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    • help on SNP passage

by kail Online Now Aug 26, 2008 at 4:39 AM

Hi,
      I'm interested in a route called SNP (sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesta_..., preciasely the passage Kosice-Presov
      I have following questions:
      1) how does look like this route on the passage Kosice-Presov?
      2) how much time do I need to take this passage?
      3) Is it easy to get to this passage from Presov and Kosice?
      4) Are there any camping areas on the passage?

Thanks for help

5 Answers Aug 30, 2008 at 9:35 AM
    • how to get to kosice from bratislava?

by djambu Online Now Aug 17, 2008 at 11:44 PM

hello,
      i've a question.
      how to get to kosice from bratislava by bus and how much does it cost (in euros approx.)? is there any bus/train from kosice to uzhgorod?

thnks for the help

2 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 3:18 PM
    • mhrunge's Profile Photo

Train to Kyiv??

by mhrunge Online Now Aug 5, 2007 at 7:27 AM

I have read that there is a train to Kyiv leaving in the morning taking 22 hours to arrive is this the case? If so what is the cost and is there a ISIC discount..

Cheers,

Mark

1 Answer Aug 5, 2007 at 8:31 AM
    • Proof of Funds

by montereyguy Online Now Apr 25, 2007 at 5:29 PM

My friend was recently asked, by the Slovak Border Police, to show proof of posessing108 per day for his visit before entry into the country. He had enough cash on him at the time, so it was no problem. I have never personally dealt with this, but it has me a bit concerned. I will be arriving at the same entry point soon, but I do not like carrying large amounts of cash. I have been told there is a way to show them how much money you have on your credit card, but that they only take statements from banks within the Slovak Republic. Can someone please tell me how I might show them proof of funds without carrying the cash? This particular situation is something I've never dealt with. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 26, 2007 at 7:58 AM
    • Nyireghyaza- Uzhgorod -Kosice - Budapest

by echel Online Now Apr 25, 2007 at 4:48 AM

My wife and I are planning a 3-week car travel through Hungary in September. We'll be leaving the car in Nyireghyaza and go from there to Uzhgorod, Ukraine.
      (Best way to get there?).
      After 3 or 4 days in Uzhgorod, we'll be travelig to Kosice. What is the best way to get there?
      After 3 or 4 days in Kosice we`ll travel to Budapest for the next leg of our trip. What's the best way to get there?
      Than you for any help.
      Echel

3 Answers May 9, 2007 at 12:35 AM
    • Kosice to Revuca

by montereyguy Online Now Apr 14, 2007 at 6:42 PM

I have been planning a trip to see my good friends and former school mates in Revuca, and I will be leaving next month. The trip is all planned out except for how to get from the airport in Kosice, where I will land, to Revuca. Since I will arrive on a Sunday, I am told bus service may be limited. I am really looking for the easiest and safest way to get to Revuca. My friends do not own a car, so they are unable to pick me up. I don't mind paying a little more to make things a bit easier for myself, but I do not know this area of the country. My friends have advised me not to rent a car and drive myself, but they are not experienced drivers, so I do not know if their perception is accurate. Since this is the only part of the trip that isn't ironed out, I would really appreciate any input. My current plan is to try for a bus, and if that fails, take a taxi, or if that option is not viable, then I will stay the night and take a bus the next day. Will a taxi take me that far, and if so, how much should I expect to pay? Does anyone know of a better option?

2 Answers Apr 19, 2007 at 5:17 PM
    • ipcollins's Profile Photo

Kosice Taxi Company

by ipcollins Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 12:36 AM

I am planning to arrive at Kosice airport at Easter, and want to travel to Uzhgorod (in Ukraine).

Does anyone have contact details email or phone of any reliable taxi firms in Kosice that I can arrange, in advance, the journey from Kosice airport to the Ukrainian border (I will walk across) ?

Many thanks

Ian

3 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    • driving time Bratislava to Kosice

by t4lions Online Now Jan 1, 2007 at 12:13 PM

We will be visiting Slovakia in June and would like an estimate of the driving time from Bratislava to Kosice.

Thank you!
      Cherie

3 Answers Jan 5, 2007 at 1:40 PM
    • Sports Bar

by krypton Online Now Sep 13, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Hi I will be in Kosice in November, and there will be UEFA Champions League matches. Does anyone know of any sports bar that shows these matches?

Thanks all.

1 Answer Oct 19, 2006 at 12:05 AM
    • Room availalibilty

by slovaquie Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 2:48 PM

we need to find a B&B type of accomodation arriving the 6 th of August, leaving the 9 th for 2 adults and one child,

Can you help?

Antoine BRETON

1 Answer Jul 26, 2006 at 8:26 PM
    • Gogoo's Profile Photo

Apartment......

by Gogoo Online Now May 31, 2006 at 1:09 PM

I forgot to tell you.....I am looking for a Kosice apartment.

• Small region of Slovakia nobody bothers to mention.....

by vonrichthofen Online Now Apr 27, 2006 at 3:11 AM

It seems travel guides dont usually cover the little insignifcant places I want to visit. Is there a way to get to Muranska Dlha Luka from Revuca? Bus, Train, Harrier jump jet, or do I have to walk it? Plus are there ahy hotels in Revuca?

PS: I know it isnt Kosice I'm asking about but the compuetr doesnt recognise Revuca. Stupid computers.

3 Answers Apr 27, 2006 at 1:28 PM
    • palin2004's Profile Photo

Travel to Ukraine

by palin2004 Online Now Feb 9, 2006 at 2:52 PM

Hi

Myself and a friend will be staying in Michalovce between 2nd - 5th March and would like to hire a car and driver or private taxi for half a day to visit Uzhgorod Ukraine.

Can anyone give us some advice on how to achieve this, thank you in advance.

John

3 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 2:52 AM