Kos Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kardamena to asclepeion

by sammy090 Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM

hi, I am going to be staying in Kardamena for a week this summer and I would love to visit the Asclepeion. does anyone know how to get there from Kardamena, and how much the travel will cost? is there a bus or a taxi, what is the best and cheapest way to get there?
      thanks!

more
    • Kardamena to asclepeion

by sammy090 Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM

hi, I am going to be staying in Kardamena for a week this summer and I would love to visit the Asclepeion. does anyone know how to get there from Kardamena, and how much the travel will cost? is there a bus or a taxi, what is the best and cheapest way to get there?
      thanks!

1 Answer Apr 17, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • danielgillespie's Profile Photo

Summer work, kos

by danielgillespie Online Now May 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Hi all, me and my twin bro are coming to kos
      On the 28th of may and we are both looking
      To find work over there because we are hopeing
      To stay there for the whole summer, what is the
      Best way to find work ? And what about accommodation
      We're both 18 and want accommodation near people
      A similar age group to us

17 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    • public pools

by mary2h Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM

We are staying at a house by Pili- are there any public pools around there?

5 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    • underage drinking

by apriloneill Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM

guys basically i'm going on holiday with 3 friends in july to kos and we are all drinkers. we can get served no problem here in the uk but i was just wondering if anyone knew if its difficult to get served with no id? i'm 17, my only problem:(

2 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    • vdoortje's Profile Photo

Volcano Hazard????

by vdoortje Online Now Oct 27, 2012 at 2:25 PM

We just returned from trip to Kos. We loved the island and plan to go back there.
      But something happened that is worrying me.

We went for a daytrip to Nyssiros is order to see a sleeping volcano. You actualy can enter on of the caldera's. You can see steam and gasses comming out of holes in the caldera. And since it just was raining in Nyssiros there was water in the caldera and you could the water was boiling in the middle.
      Most of the people from our group went down into the caldera and all seemed pefectly OK.
      Until a man from our group came back with severe burns on his right foot. Seems that the crust of the caldera was quite thin and he stepped on it and went through. Probably in a hole with hot gasses or hot water. His burns were of 2nd degree and really serious, he was in a lot of pain.

I wonder if this happened before. And question the actual safety of the caldera.

Someone have any experience with this??

Thanks, Dora.

5 Answers May 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • One day Visits

by naimjabbour Online Now Jul 11, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Hello, i'm going to the below Islands in this month by cruise,I will stay one day only in each one, what I have to visit (the famous places) in this short time? can someone advise?

1- Rhodos
      2- Heraklion / Crete
      3- KOS
      4- Samos
      5- Izmir
      6- Mykonos
      7- Santorini

Thank you

7 Answers Jul 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Kos from Didim

by chriso1969 Online Now Jan 15, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Im travelling to Didim in June for 10 days and then to Kos for 2 days and I was wondering the following
      1.Roughly how much is local beer and import beer?
      2.Is there English and Irish bars/restraunts in Kos? 3.Can you travel from Didim to Kos and if so the best way to get there and price?

1 Answer Jan 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    • Is there a drinking age in Kos?

by lala.x Online Now Jan 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I'm going to Kos in the summer with my friend but we're both 17, is there a legal drinking age? I went to Greece when i was 14 and got served in a supermarket and club but not sure if it's change.

2 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    • A pub/bar that show premier league matches

by josephe1 Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 5:01 AM

Hi,

I'd like to watch the Liverpool v Spurs match this coming Sunday. Is there any pub/bar in Kos that show premier league matches?I

• ferry information

by sylvialynn Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 9:17 AM

can anyone give me costs and timings for a ferry (hydrofoil?)from Kos Town to Altinkum .we are going to Kos for 1 week AND THEN WANT TO STAY A FURTHER 10 DAYS in Altinkum at a friends apartment
      We have lived in Altinkum and so did the VISA RUN a few times which was a return journey but have no info about one way trips ,or even if it can be done at all ?

1 Answer Jul 26, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    • gay

by markomarkomarko Online Now Apr 20, 2011 at 12:00 PM

any gays beaches in kos?

4 Answers Jul 31, 2012 at 3:06 AM
    • mkvalya's Profile Photo

from kos town to Asclepieion

by mkvalya Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM

how could I go to Asclepieion from kos town?

2 Answers Mar 3, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    • mkvalya's Profile Photo

from airport to kos town: how?

by mkvalya Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM

there is a bus ? or is it possible only by taxi?
      thanks

2 Answers Mar 3, 2010 at 5:26 AM
    • service bus to tingaki

by mickcoulson Online Now Jun 30, 2009 at 11:57 AM

hi.......... my wife and i will be in kardamena in september and would like to visit tingaki. can we catch a servce bus direct to tingaki from kardamena or do we have to travel via kos town.
      cheers
      mickcoulson

3 Answers Jul 12, 2009 at 4:25 AM
    • Kos Info.

by purple98 Online Now May 6, 2009 at 10:41 PM

My friend and I are looking for the best part of Kos. We'll only be there two nights, and would like our location to be convenient to the ferry for Bodrum. What is the best town to stay in and do you have any hotel recommendations? Thanks so much! Also good restaurants would be great too!

1 Answer May 7, 2009 at 5:51 PM
    • Santorini to Kos

by purple98 Online Now May 6, 2009 at 12:49 AM

We are looking to travel from Santorini to Kos. Is our only option a ferry from greekferries.com. We are not against taking an overnight ferry, but we would like to have as much time as possible on the islands. Are there any other options? Do you know of any island on the way that would could possible stop at to break up the trip? Any hydrofoils that go between Santorini and Kos?

3 Answers May 6, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    • sandysmith's Profile Photo

island hopping from Kos

by sandysmith Online Now Jun 9, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Hi looking to going to Kos in Oct - either staying in Kos Town or Mastihari
      would like to do daytrips from there. I know can got to Kalymnos and Nissiros but how about PAtmos, leors or Tendelos for day trips???

17 Answers Sep 25, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    • travel by ship to kos island

by dr_ar_rostami Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 5:11 AM

how can i travel to kos island by ship or boat from athene,or turkey or other countries?how much is the prices?any other information"?thanks a lot

2 Answers Mar 25, 2008 at 9:18 AM
    • Travelling the island

by EKF88 Online Now Feb 27, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Hey, wonder if anyone can help. 5 of us are coming out in September, just wondering if you would recommend car or moped hire? How much do mopeds cost to hire roughly? And, is parking around the island (mainly near the beaches) easy?
      Thanks

• Bevphelan's Profile Photo

taxi transfer

by Bevphelan Online Now Aug 17, 2007 at 12:48 AM

Hi does anyone know the price of a taxi transfer for 2 people from the airport to Kos Town we will arrive 19/09/07 at 03.55am Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 17, 2007 at 5:18 AM
    • dobrovod's Profile Photo

Mikri Poli, getting around, etc.

by dobrovod Online Now Jul 7, 2007 at 2:24 PM

We just booked a week for next month at the Mikri Poli. If anyone has thoughts, I would like to know since most comments are in German.
      We would like to see other parts of the island but are wondering if it is more efficient to rent a bike, rent a car for a day or two or just to take a bus?
      If you recommend that we rent a car, should we do it at the airport or is there somewhere in Kardamena?
      Are there any must-see places in Kardamena, interesting places to shop, recommended eateries, etc.?
      Thank you,
      Mike

• Transport from Thessaloniki

by explicitlyrix Online Now Apr 23, 2007 at 7:23 AM

I am travelling to Greece from Croatia at the end of August. Just wondering if anyone knows how regular (and how long) it takes to get from Thessaloniki to Kos?

Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Apr 27, 2007 at 4:42 AM
    • Ho to find a room to rent in Kos?

by wind001 Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 4:52 AM

Can you give me any advices on hot to find a room to rent (foe example in a shred flat) for a perido of 3-4 months? Do you know any website whit rent notices?

• Kardamena

by zaknlorn Online Now Jan 29, 2007 at 3:40 PM

just booked for 27th june to 11th july didnt realise but it seems like its going to be a bit mental and full of bars and clubs anyone have any idea how busy its going to be around this time and is it full of pi**ed up lads. only checking as i am goin with my girlfriend, dont mind nightlife just not to the extent of falaraki kavos etc

2 Answers May 9, 2009 at 5:40 AM
    • BABY FOOD IN KOS!!!!!!!

by micheletayla Online Now May 29, 2006 at 2:06 AM

HI THERE

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW AVAILABLE BABY FOOD IS IN THE RESORT OF PSALDI IN KOS, AS TRAVELLING THERE IN 3 WEEKS WITH A 7 MONTH OLD BABY, SO WILL NEED HEINZ BABY FOOD FROM 4 MONTHS! NEED TO KNOW URGENTLY AS WILL HAVE TO TAKE MY OWN FOR 2 WEEKS!!! LOT OF TINS TO PACK!!!

IF AVAILABLE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH?

THANKS

FROM A HOPING SOME ONE WILL KNOW THE ANSWER, MICHELE!!

• Fab_Jen's Profile Photo

Information Appreciated!!

by Fab_Jen Online Now May 28, 2006 at 8:24 AM

Heading to Kardamena in Kos in July and have a few questions!!

Have read that Kardamena has hundreds of bars... does anybody know if there are any gay bars around???

Is it possible to hire out small motor boats in Kardamena???

Do they have fishing excursions???

Would really appreciate any information anyone can give me...

Thanks!!

Jen

1 Answer Jan 16, 2007 at 10:12 AM
    • Santorini to Kos

by Daddio3755 Online Now May 23, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Is there a ferry that goes from Santorini to Kos?

8 Answers Apr 10, 2007 at 9:48 PM
    • delnero80's Profile Photo

kos for the night

by delnero80 Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 11:47 PM

Hello-
      We will be in Kos for the night. We will be arriving around 7:00pm, via airplane, and then are on our way to Bodrum the next morning at 9:30am. Where should we stay the night, on what part of the island? We do not want to be in a place that has no nightlife, however, we do want to be fairly close to the ferry quay to get to Bodrum. Any suggestions?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 31, 2007 at 6:32 PM
    • samgaz's Profile Photo

going there in june

by samgaz Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 2:23 PM

hi kos looks a lovely place. just wandering best places to visit but also night life aswell. hopefully going in june so any comments would be helpful thanks

2 Answers Mar 31, 2006 at 9:27 PM
    • Please Help

by TrixVix Online Now Mar 14, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Hi all,

Really silly question my company are willing to let me work in Kos Island but only problem is I need to know if they have broadband providers in Kos and if they can instal it in a home office?? Does anyone know if that is possible?

Can you please email me on trixvix@gmail.com to let me know. Your help would be so so much appreciated!!!

Thank you,

Vicky

4 Answers Mar 29, 2008 at 6:47 AM