Kos Travel Answers

change location
jules64's Profile Photo

Quiet and Traditional, but not dead!+

by jules64 Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 5:34 AM

My husband and I used to go to the Greek Islands most years, but after an awful holiday in Corfu. Sidari to be precise which was more like Blackpool. Plus my husband got very ill from what the locals told us pollution in the sea and had to spend a few days in hospital and then was hospitalised in the UK.

Anyway we have decided to try the Greek islands again and have chosen Kos. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice which is family or couples orientated. Ie not a place with a bar street or where youngsters are all over the place drunk.

We dont want somewhere dead, but we would prefer somewhere more traditional. we like going for meals and a few drinks in the evening, so we want some kind of night life. Oh and nice beaches.

thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Callllyy's Profile Photo

Re: Quiet and Traditional, but not dead!+

by Callllyy Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Mastichari is where my grandparents have gone every year for the past 20 years. They absolutely love it there and have built up a huge group of friends in the restaurant and hotel owners. I have been once, about ten years ago (I was 11!) and it was so lovely. I'm hopefully going back this summer and I can't imagine what more you would want from this place, it's quiet but you don't feel isolated, there are plenty of people around for that 'not dead' feeling!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mariha2912's Profile Photo

Re: Quiet and Traditional, but not dead!+

by mariha2912 Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Check Tigaki too for a bit nore lively thatn Mastichari but not as lively as Kos Town or Kardamena.

By the way, I am a bit confused by your choice of places. Of course not all of Corfu is the hell you describe, mainly if you avoid Kavos and Sidari you should be fine ( you could check Paleokastritsa, or Agios Gordios next time) but it is true it is very package tourism oriented. Kos is ditto. Why not to look on a more "out of the box" island, where flights from UK still go? For example what about Lemnos?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines