Korcula Travel Answers

change location

Sight seeing Croatia from Korcula

by Fifi86 Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hello, Me and my partner will be visiting Korcula in May of this year and I just wanted to check how easy (and costly) it was to leave the island to get on to the mainland for the day to visit other resorts? Also any recommendations for places to visit would be gratefully received. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Re: Sight seeing Croatia from Korcula

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Being there in May is a bit of a problem. Lots of the transport options for getting away from Korcula for the day only operate in the summer. Korcula sits at the end of the Peljesac Peninsula, which itself is 60km long and begins some 60km from Dubrovnik. The ferry across to Orebic, the nearest town on the peninsula, runs very frequently and only takes 15 minutes but from there you would have to catch a bus. Ston ands Mali Ston are two little towns at the other end of the peninsula that are nice little places, Ston has very long walls around, but they're sleepy little places, certainly not resorts.. There are ferries to Split and other places but some of them only operated from June to September.
    Check this website for ferry and bus timetables from Korcula
    www.korculainfo.com/ferries-korcula.htm.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 7_seconds's Profile Photo

Re: Sight seeing Croatia from Korcula

by 7_seconds Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM

as it is mentioned before, may is not high season so the connections are somewhat few.

here's another link for croatian national ferry company. you can find timetables and prices for every ferry or catamaran to korcula.

www.jadrolinija.hr

also, there was rent-a-boat in city of korcula, to mljet national park (which is a must see!). here's a link:
    korcula-croatia.com/mljet.ht...
    there might be more of these private agencies that organize trips to mljet.

from there, you can get ferry from sobra (mljet island) to dubrovnik.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines