Korcula Travel Answers

change location
triplehelix's Profile Photo

Dubrovnik to Korcula?

by triplehelix Online Now Feb 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Hi there. Has anyone been to Korcula from Dubrovnik recently? I read that the Jadrolinija ferry does not operate from October to June (and I'm going in May) in that direction anymore. Are there other private companies that make the haul from Dubrovnik to Korcula? Or do I have to take the bus? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Re: Dubrovnik to Korcula?

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 12:32 AM

You'll have to take the bus from Dubrovnik to Orebic and then get the little ferry across to Korcula. The daily ferry in summer is a catamaran and in the off season it only operates (weather conditions allowing) beyween Mljet and Dubrovnik.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • triplehelix's Profile Photo

by triplehelix Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM

ahhhh thanks that helps :). now i can plan properly having that in mind. thank you!

• triplehelix's Profile Photo

by triplehelix Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM

So it looks like an hour bus ride then a short ferry trip over. Seems like there are several connections per day! Now... to get from Korcula to Hvar? :)

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

There's a ferry that sails from Korcula to Hvar on Monday and Friday at about midday. If that fits in with your schedule, the ferry takes about 4 hours to Stari Grad, the main port on Hvar. Buses then meet the ferries to take people to Hvar Town.

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Feb 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

There's a ferry that sails from Korcula to Hvar on Monday and Friday at about midday. If that fits in with your schedule, the ferry takes about 4 hours to Stari Grad, the main port on Hvar. Buses then meet the ferries to take people to Hvar Town.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines