Korcula Travel Answers

change location

Vela Luka to Korcula Town

by stefko Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Hi,
Can anyone tell if it's easier to take the bus or taxi from the ferry terminal in Vela Luka to Korcula Town. AND can anyone give me a reliable bus schedule for this route (I have found different times on different websites).
Thank you for your help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • loonytoon01's Profile Photo

Re: Vela Luka to Korcula Town

by loonytoon01 Online Now Aug 18, 2007 at 9:38 AM

A bus. The taxi could be expensive. Nothing is reliable when it comes to buses on the island but mostly they are scheduled shortly after the ferry docks. Also, there are katamarans going from Split to Korčula town and unless you are going by car they are cheaper and faster.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Valadelphia's Profile Photo

Re: Vela Luka to Korcula Town

by Valadelphia Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Taxi would be verrrrry expensive (150-200 kuna). As previous posters said, buses follow the ferry, so one will be waiting upon your arrival or arriving shortly after. It loads in the parking lot next to the jadrolinija office.
    If you have to wait for a bit, some ladies in a tourist office let us leave our bags, and we walked to the cave while waiting for a delayed ferry. The cave was underwhelming, as it is gated, but the view over the harbor was nice.

I found this bus schedule fairly reliable: korcula.net/grad/pitanja/kor....
    The bus stops in several towns as you traverse the island, giving you a nice overview.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines