Komodo Travel Answers

change location

Tours from Bali to Komodo, Rinca and Flores

by Denisandkerrie Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM

My wife and I would like to visit these isands and wondered if anyone could recommend a reliable operator in Bali.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Re: Tours from Bali to Komodo, Rinca and Flores

by exploremore Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM

We went to Komodo, Rinca, and Flores from Bali this past September. This was one of the most memorable experiences we've had, I probably day dream about this trip everyday.

We went with Bali Dwipa tours, which I do recommend. It does, however, depend on your expectations and comfort level. It was just me, my wife, our guide, and the crew on the boat, no other tourists, which was nice. The boat had very basic accomodations. We were to sleep in the cabin, but it had alot of bugs so we decided to sleep on the roof of the boat. This added to our experience, since we were looking for some adventure. We had a fantastic guide named Beni. The food was basic local-style food, which was very good.

We too were weary when we were planning our trip, so I went on TripAdvisor and Bali Dwipa was recommended. There are some other tour companies that are not very good (Komodo Tours being one of them).

Hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by Denisandkerrie Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Hi there, yes this helps a lot. I have heard bad things about Komodo Tours too. Would love to visit Komodo to see the dragons in the wild
    Thanks
    Denis

• davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Tours from Bali to Komodo, Rinca and Flores

by davidjo Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM

There are a few tours operating from Bali but are quite expensive. If you have the time travel through Lombok, Sumbawa and enjoy a few nights here and there on the way. At Labuanbajo the tours are much cheaper of course.

• Daihappydai's Profile Photo

by Daihappydai Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM

An alternative tour company is perama tours which has received some good reviews. You can do a three-four day tour sailing from Bali to Flores and then fly back from Labuanbajo.
    Having just spent three weeks in Sumbawa, I agree with davidjo, if you have the time, travel slowly overland, and spend a few days in different places on Sumbawa.

by Denisandkerrie Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Thanks everyone, much appreciated, we are still thinking about Lombk too
    Cheers
    Denis

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

If you are thinking about Lombok and love beaches i would spend some days at Kuta in the south. There are several beaches either side of the village and much better than the built up area of Kuta in Bali. The area is still small and there is still some wonderful inexpensive accommodation there.
    Singigi and the Gili Isles are becoming quite expensive now.
    Another adventure that you may be interested in is the two day trek up to Mount Rinjani where you have wonderful views of the whole island and nearby Bali too. I trekked it by myself but i am not sure if this is still allowed, maybe you have to go with a guide, check it out.

• WisnuY's Profile Photo

by WisnuY Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM

• DorisCl's Profile Photo

by DorisCl Online Now May 12, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Hi. I am looking for the Bali Dwipa tours, but find 2 different websites. Which is the one any of you used?
    http://www.balidwipa.com/
    http://www.bali-dwipa.com/

Thanks for helping out!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines