Kolomna Travel Answers

change location
darryl0173's Profile Photo

Children's Home

by darryl0173 Online Now Feb 15, 2005 at 3:08 PM

Where is the Children's Home in Kolomna? Also, does Petrova Street exist?

Quote & Answer
14 Answers
  • Pablos_new's Profile Photo

Re: Children's Home

by Pablos_new Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 12:08 AM

Hi, There are several Children's Homes in Kolomna - three as a minimum. There is one for deaf children. And one for children, who's parents were deprived of paternal rights. Possibly there is one more - attached to a nunnery. I found in internet adress of one (not sure which one, possibly one for orphans) - Lenina st., 97A. Cheers, Pavel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by Pablos_new Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 12:22 AM

Oh! It looks like I have found right info: 1. "Social orphanage for children and teenagers", Moskovskaya obl., Kolomensky raion, poselok Peski, Shosseinaya st., 15 director - Lyubov Kubyshkina, tel. +7(8261)-74229, ...-74554. 2. "Baby's Home", Moskovskaya obl., Kolomna, Rechnaya st., 23 director - Marina Podvoiskaya, tel. +7(8261)-42061, ...-43119. 3. "Kolomna Children's Home of General Type", Moskovskaya obl., Kolomna, Lenina st., 97A director - Alexander Arlikov, +7(8261)-23164 So, it looks like there are two more.

• darryl0173's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Children's Home

by darryl0173 Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 12:24 AM

Pavel, Do you live in Kolomna? If so, then I need to ask you a question. I am a United States citizen. I want to visit a lady friend that lives in Kolomna. She works at one of the Children's Homes in Kolomna. What type of visa do I need to get to Kolomna and what type of travel arrangements can I make from the U.S.? Once I arrive in Russia, can I rent a Toyota 4-Runner or Range-Rover and drive to Kolomna? - Darryl

by Pablos_new Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 12:35 AM

Hi again, Not, I am not living in Kolomna, though I was there number of times. I live in Moscow. Info I've got just via Russian search engine in ru-net. As of visa for Russia, look through Russian forums in VT - there were a lot of information. As of renting a car. I am not sure you can choose particular model. And frankly speaking I never saw any 4x4 in rent offices (may be only Chevy-Niva, but it never has an automatic gear), but actually I never used rent-a-car in Russia. In general I would not recommend someone without an experience of driving in Russia (or at least in Italy ;-)))) to do this 100 km jorney from Moscow to Kolomna. Russian drivers are not very polite to each other. ;( Good luck, Pavel

Kolomna information

by darryl0173 Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 5:06 PM

Pavel, When is the next time you are visiting Kolomna? If you going there soon, I would like you to photograph the following address: 42-12 Petrova Street. Then email it to me. I will wire you some money (USD) for your time, petrol, and film. Please let me know if you can do this for me. - Darryl

Re: Kolomna information

by Pablos_new Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 10:49 PM

I am not sure that I will go there till summer time. But if it would be possible? I 'll inform you.

Re: Re: Kolomna information

by Pablos_new Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 10:54 PM

I hope you friend is not from this list: rus.roses.ru/blacklist.shtml... ;-( Last time we too often use it on VT.

Re: Re: Kolomna information

by darryl0173 Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 11:56 PM

Pavel, You are not going to believe this. After I posted the message that I wanted to visit a lady-friend in Kolomna, another America guy from Louisiana emailed me. He said that he was wanting to visit a "lady-friend" in Kolomna and saw my post. Comes to find out that the "lady-friend" that he is talking about is the same "lady-friend" that I am talking about. He even gave me his telephone number, and I called him. We talked for about an hour. She has written the same emails to me and him. Only difference is that she inserted our names accordingly. Her name is: Irina Vlasova. Her address is: 42-12 Petrova Street, Kolomna. Please beware of her!!! So we both emailed her and told her that her scam has been found. I have even reported her to Interpol and Deputy-Director Vladimir Anisimov of the FSB. I don't think she will be scamming anymore. Pavel, thanks for the information. You are a big help. You need not make a trip to Kolomna for me. All the best, - Darryl

by Pablos_new Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 3:21 AM

All is well that ends well! ;-))) You are not along - read last 5 or 6 forums on Kazan. Frankly speaking Kolomna is a new idea. So, I suspect nothing special at the first time. Thanks for reporting to authorities. Not everyone is bold enought to do it.

Re: Re: Children's Home

by Pablos_new Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 3:22 AM

In any case - You are welcome! Enjoy Russia! You can start doing it from my Kolomna page BTW ;-)))

• nevermy's Profile Photo

by nevermy Online Now Feb 21, 2005 at 10:04 AM

I know for shure the answere to second part of question...Petrova street is exist in almost every city in Russia ;)

• RE: RE: Children's Home

by nomorescams Online Now Mar 16, 2005 at 8:13 PM

I have seen your words on Irina Vlasova scam artist unfortunatly I too was ripped off by her telling me she was coming to america wanting money to travel never showing up too bad honest, rightous people are a thing of the past How some people sleep at night i will never know.I am now out of good hard earned money .please look out for her she is stupid enough to give out her real name one day she will run into the wrong person to steal from

by invictus105 Online Now Mar 17, 2005 at 9:50 AM

Hey nomorescams, I was wondering if Irina Vlasova sent you any pictures and do you still have her email address? I think she may be the same Irina that I have been writing to. Thanks, MS

by RodSteel Online Now Mar 18, 2005 at 1:41 PM

womenrussia.com/blackpage351...

Different name, different location, same MO

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines