Kololi Travel Answers

change location
grahamplaster's Profile Photo

Kololi

by grahamplaster Online Now Oct 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Does anybody know of any safe deposit boxes outside of the hotels where i don't stay in Kololi, as i stay in rooms and had £650.00 stolen last year. I will be going again in December and would be gratefull for any feedback

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • jigeen's Profile Photo

Re: Kololi

by jigeen Online Now Nov 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM

what a bad experience! I know appartments with E-Safe in Kololi (Babula's Residence), I stayed there 2 years back. Nice place!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • grahamplaster's Profile Photo

by grahamplaster Online Now Nov 5, 2012 at 4:38 AM

where are the Babula apartments. I stay around by the danish bar opposite a chinese restaurant 200 metres down from the Amsterdam bar. sorry no road names available

• jigeen's Profile Photo

by jigeen Online Now Nov 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I don't think they give safes to non residents. It is in Kerr Serign, within a walking distance of 5 minutes from the costal road. http://babula.info/index.php?id=79

by grahamplaster Online Now Nov 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM

i'm not sure where Keer serign is,,as where to turn left off the coast road ??.could you suggest a landmark near there.

• jigeen's Profile Photo

by jigeen Online Now Nov 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM

let me try... Kerr Serign borders Kololi. When you are in Senegambia Strip, pass the costal road and go into Kololi village. Then you find a junction with a big tree and 4 directions: Left, half left, right and straight. You take the road on the left, where you find a local shop at the corner. When you continue there you pass Babulas after a while.
    Or: You tur left from the costal road where you find the mechanics, opposite the monkey park, Second road on the right and you are there. Anywhere, there is also a signboard.
    Or: Do you know bar 777? From there you can see Babula's, it's in the same street. To 777 there's also a sign board on the costal road.

by grahamplaster Online Now Nov 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM

yeah thanks, i know where you are talking about now my friend got married not far from there

• Re: Kololi

by sbahgm Online Now Nov 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Well if you thinking of re-visiting The Gambia ones or more in a year, why not try opening a bank account. You get your ATM card and have access to your money any time any were safe.
    No need for safety deposit box.

by grahamplaster Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Thanks for your help, i'm all sorted now and 90% sure i will be staying at Babula for a week.Once again thank you. Ps you wouldn't happen to know anything about an old English friend of mine Ian, who i heard had recently drowned which is peculiar because he never went in the sea ??

• jigeen's Profile Photo

by jigeen Online Now Dec 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM

no sorry, but when you are in The Gambia you may find somebody, these things do not happen very often and people know people who know :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines