Kololi Travel Answers

change location

Holiday beach club hotel or Mansea??? Best things to do there?

by bearish Online Now Nov 10, 2006 at 10:19 AM

We're going to spend the new year at Kololi but not sure what holiday to choose between holiday beach and mansea. Mansea seems to be cheaper with H/B whereas the other is B/B only but...better maybe?
Any suggestions?
I've seen that the trip on the river is a must, what else?I found a post within interesting links for local foods.
What to do for the night of the end of the year?
What about the sockets and for rechargers etc?
A plus if any locals will be able to let me know if there are shops for computers etc nearby and if the prices would be convenient compared to uk.
Lastly...any website where I could find lots of pix of the area?
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Holiday beach club hotel or Mansea??? Best things to do there?

by TinaJammeh Online Now Dec 23, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Well I'm biased towards Mansea Beach as that is where I met my Gambian husband! However, after a quick reccy we decided that holiday beach is the better option for New Year if u want the entertainment. Our friends outside Mansea Beach would soon entertain you with their dancing and local hospitality though!!

For New Year itself we reckon just go into Senegambia strip and be drawn in to one of the many restaurant or bars. Our preference is a meal and people watching for a while at the front of Ali Baba's....moving round to the garden for drinks and live reggae until late...

well I have to say I envy you for being in the place I love..but wish you all a wonderful New Year in The Gambia!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines