Kololi Travel Answers

change location
nikkinikila01's Profile Photo

About the Hotel

by nikkinikila01 Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 6:09 AM

Hi i was wondering if anbody has stayed at the PALMA RIMA hotel in Kololi Beach and if they have and reviews or information on it as i am due to go on november for my 21st birthday also i was wandering what the night life is like around Kololi beach thankx nikki

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: About the Hotel

by Gambianlady Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 6:51 AM

Hi Nikki, The Palma Rima is a very nice place set in large grounds with a lovely big swimming pool and good access to the beach from the back entrance. There will be security guards here as is usual in all hotels. (stop the locals geting in) Nothing to worry about you will be OK! The hotel also boasts its own nightclub - in fact it is the only hotel in the whole of Gambia that has. So that should be worth a try...... Kololi itself has a few restaurants and bars (just outside your hotel grounds) but to have a better experience go 15 minutes up the road to Kotu where there will be loads of local drumming and dancing etc. in the restaurants and bars,here you will be positivley encouraged to join in! Great fun and superb to see (a must) For a really great "boogie on night" you really must go to JOKERS night club in Serrekunda (not far) go on a Sunday night when you can also watch all the local ladies really "strut their stuff "- fabulous! Wish I was back there......... Anyway look forward to November - enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SamuiDean's Profile Photo

Re: Re: About the Hotel

by SamuiDean Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 11:00 AM

Hi Nikki, I wrote a review of this hotel at the following link which you might find useful: virtualtourist.com/m/7dc7d/f... There is a nightclub in the hotel but it was very quiet when we were there. One of the hotel employees showed me and my wife a local open air nightclub and we had a great time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines