change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 4Daagse 2016 accomodation

Nijmegen Jul 26, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Hello everyone.

I am looking to get a group of around 4 people out to the marches next season so we will need a accommodation for a week long stay. All the hotels and B/Bs seem to be taken already (and we need a place within about 4km from the center of town). Can anyone help us out? Any local residents perhaps? All info will be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Transit to landside, visa necessary?

Schiphol Jul 22, 2015 at 11:39 PM

I am an Indonesian and willing to travel to Milan. I have a flight using KLM which transit in Schipol for about 6 hours. Is it possible for me to go landside to meet e friend outside the airport? How is the procedure and do I need a visa since I hold a Schengen visa for short-stay in Milan? This is my first time transit in Schipol, I want to go for sight-seeing so bad (outside the airport if possible).Any suggestion what could I do or anywhere to go?
      Thank you for the help in advance :)

more
    • Public transportation in Ommen?

Ommen Jul 12, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Hi,

Can you tell me is there public transportation in Ommen? For example, I need to get from Cafe Restaurant Camping Calluna to Haarsweg street. And how much does it cost?

Thank you. 

more
    • Open air markets

Roermond Jul 5, 2015 at 1:08 AM

I was in Amsterdam a few days back and chanced upon the lovely Albert Cuyp market where there were very nice fresh fish and seafood on sale there (pictured). I was wondering if there's a open air market similar in Roermond or Maastricht? I would like to buy fresh fish and seafood! Thanks! :)

more
    • Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam to Havana

Schiphol Jul 10, 2015 at 6:54 AM

Hi. Am planning on flying to Amsterdam via MAS (arriving at 630 am) and thereafter catch a flight at 1030 am same day to Havana via KLM. Is there sufficient time to make the transfer?

more
    • Bicycle Parking

Assen Jul 7, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Is it safe to park your bicycle at the Assen Train station?

more
    • Open markets

Venlo Jul 5, 2015 at 1:03 AM

I was in Amsterdam a few days back and chanced upon the lovely Albert Cuyp market where there were very nice fresh fish and seafood on sale there (pictured). I was wondering if there's a open air market similar in Venlo? I would like to buy fresh fish and seafood! Thanks! :)

more
    • melhiker's Profile Photo

Need advice on hostels in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2015 at 10:05 AM

I will be visiting Amsterdam as a solo female traveler in October. I've heard the hostels are very noisy and not safe. Any advice on a nice hostel without all night party's and drug use?

more
    • Amsterdam to Duinrell

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2015 at 4:33 AM

We arrive (family of 5) in Zeeburg P&R coach park at Zuiderzeeweg at 6.30pm on saturday 8th august.What is the best way to get from here in Amsterdam to Duinrell.
      Am I better just getting a taxi or is there a cheaper alternative ?
      Thanks
      Pat

more
    • Transport to Schoorl

Amsterdam Yesterday

What would be the best mode of transport from Alkmaar to Schoorl. Can we rent bikes in Alkmaar

more
    • Krakken232's Profile Photo

Chipcard and Public Transit Questions

Netherlands Jul 13, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Hello! My wife and I will be in Amsterdam for 5 days this month -- we'll be taking several day trips and I can't seem to find answers regarding this "chipcard" in any of the official info. Our situation is thus:

• We will be heavily using the metro while in Amsterdam
      • We will be touring the Waterland area for a day (it sounds like there is already a comprehensive bus pass for this trip you can purchase at the railway station)
      • We will take the train to Delft and would like to use the trams and buses where necessary
      • We will take the train to Apeldoorn and will be needing to take buses to and from the Hoge Veluwe park

I keep reading about this 96-hour chipcard you can buy for only around 20 euros, but I can't tell if this is valid only for Amsterdam or if we can use it on buses and trams throughout the entire country.  To add further to my confusion, I can't tell if you also need this card for train travel?  I am assuming the 96-hour disposable chipcard will not cover train travel -- but do you need to acquire one of these cards to ride the trains or do they still have paper ticket machines like elsewhere in Europe?  

Assuming the 96-hour disposable chipcard doesn't cover buses outside of Amsterdam, would it be advisable to buy a plastic anonymous OV-Chipkaart, and if so, are there machine vendors for these or do you need to visit an office?

I can find all sorts of information on owning these cards: using them, checking in/out, topping them off, etc... but I can't seem to figure out how to just get started as a tourist.  If anyone has any suggestions on what the best option for us, given our timeframe and travel plans, would be for purchasing a public transit solution, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

more
    • Transfer via Schiphol and only 1hour 20mins between flights

Schiphol Jul 9, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Hello,

I have to pick the luggage up and do the check in again at Schiphol and I've seen some horror stories where people claim I'd need at least three hours in between flights for that..

Please tell me this is not true!

Traveling from UK to Estonia via Amsterdam.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Kind Regards,

Kat

more
    • Amersfoort eat and drink

Amersfoort Jul 1, 2015 at 6:43 AM

Hi all, hoping to take the wife on our first visit to Netherlands (August), staying in centre of Amersfoort. Really looking for best places and things to do daily. But as we both enjoy a real ale and good food in the evenings all suggestions would be gratefully received, cheers in advance.

more
    • Night life in Breda

Breda Jul 17, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Hi, I will be in Breda for 3 months, from Aug till october end. I love to know about the night life and other kinds of entertainments in breda and love to make some good friends there. I am looking for a room/apartment for 3 months in breda or oosterhout. Appreciate if you can reply or mail me at sreetvm241@gmail.com .
      Love
      Sree

more
    • Expatriate in Middelburg finding for a sportclub

Middelburg Jul 6, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Hello everyone, I'm Tien,a Vietnamese girl, 23 years old, i ve been to Holland for 2 times and this coming September I will be there for the 3rd time for 3 months. I come here to visit my boyfriend but since he is too busy from work, my time in Middelburg was pretty boring, I'm holding a tourist visa so i couldnt go to work or school... And I dont have any chance to make friends with the locals . This coming time I prepair for myself some Dutch, and I really hope i can build a social life in Middelburg by joining a sportclub, Im not good at any specific sport but I am keen to learn and I am pretty outgoing. So if you have any advice, experience about any sport club in the area , please help me out. Im trying my best to get in to the community and start a new life in Middelburg! Any comments are more than appreciated. Thank you for reading the post.
      I wish you all the best!

more
    • Hotel price

Amsterdam Jul 4, 2015 at 12:02 PM

What is the cheapest/best hotel in amsterdam?

more
    • Moving to Amsterdam, Netherlands next month. Few Questions.

Amsterdam Yesterday

Hello All,
      I'm planned to travel to Amsterdam, Netherlands in first week of September. I'm expected to be there for 6 months. Since it would be my first foreign trip, I'd some questions to ask. It would really be helpful if you could spare some of your precious time and guide me up on few things. Basically, I hail from New Delhi, India.
      1. How's the atmosphere there in Netherlands. I mean security for expats. Well, this is not of much concern, but still thought of asking.
      2. I'm a pure Vegan. So, are there Veg foods available in Amsterdam. Also, if I consider to prepare on my own at my residence, will I be getting the raw stuff there (Like Lentils, and other Indian spices).
      3. Are there some specific things which you want to advise me to bring specifically from India which are not available in Amsterdam.
      4. The pay which I'm expected to receive in Amsterdam would be around EUR 2500 + Fully furnished accommodation. Can you please let me know whether this is sufficient to live there. Just to mention, I'm a teetotaler, so at least there would be no expenses on Alcohol.
      Any other advise is welcomed.
      Thanks a lot in advance!
      Best Regards,
      Shashank.

more
    • travelgirl214's Profile Photo

Best non-touristy places to see/eat/drink, etc?

Amsterdam Jul 13, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Hi, My husband and I are traveling to Amsterdam next month and wanted any insight on some non-touristy things to do. We have interests from art/architecture/landscape/ to craft beer to military history (that is definitely my husband!). We will only be there for 3 days.

I've been there twice before, but he has not. And it was over 10 years ago since I went so i have forgotten most of what I saw (pre-digital camera days)...walked around a lot and went to many bars and clubs. However, we are not the club going types anymore (late 30's/early 40's, been there and too old for that. LOL) We do enjoy good meals, pubs, and seeing unusual and beautiful scenery. He also partakes in smoking pot and would love to know the best place to go (I'm sure most places are good, but if any place stands out).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

more
    • Layover in Schiphol

Schiphol Jul 17, 2015 at 11:59 AM

I have a flight from Edinburgh to Berlin Tegel airport in a few months with a 12 hour layover in Schiphol airport flying with KLM. I'm a UK citizen so I assume i'll be allowed to leave the airport? There aren't any special passes or fees involved are there? Also will my luggage automatically be transferred through to Berlin or will i have to collect it and check it in again? I don't really want to carry a suitcase round Amsterdam for hours if given the option. Any help appreciated.

more
    • melhiker's Profile Photo

Need advice on places to visit and places to avoid

Amsterdam Jul 6, 2015 at 9:13 AM

I will be visiting Amsterdam in October, 2015 as a solo woman traveler for six days. I want to use the water taxis and would appreciate how they work.
      I'm also curious as to how safe Amsterdam is for a woman traveling alone.
      Thanks.

more
    • cat travel to Uk

Amsterdam Jul 10, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Hi can you help ,I will be traveling with my cat from Montreal to the UK via Amsterdam,
      I need a solution that is not to complected as I will be carrying cat and luggage.
      I was hoping to take p&o to Hull but seems I cannot as a foot passenger anymore .
      so it seems I can go to Hook of Holland but it all seems rather complicated and a long journey for my cat stuck in a cage (::
      how would I get there , should I fly then book overnight somewhere and get to ferry next day ? any all advice welcome .
      thanks Lyn

more
    • alemap33's Profile Photo

Limited time layover

Amsterdam Jun 30, 2015 at 9:35 AM

8 of us have an 8 1/2 hour lay over ( our choice) . I have read that we can take a train from the airport to the center of Amsterdam also that there are lockers we can put excess baggage in. My question is; is this a reliable way to do this? The group would like to go to the Anne Frank museum. But in reading it looks like lines can be 4 hours to get in. Is there away to eliminate lines? Are there better canal cruises then others? Is there an inexpensive way to have someone take us around? ( just a thought)

more
    • Travelling from Amsterdam Schiphol to the Hook of Holland

Amsterdam Jul 19, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Hi! I'll be travelling from Schiphol to the Hook of Holland with a cat on August 17th. I've been looking at the train times and decided on the 15.16 train from the airport. It arrives at Schiedam Centrum at 16.03 and I'll have 4 minutes to swap from an Intercity train on platform 3 to a Sprinter train on platform 2. Is this doable? I'm stressing out a little in case I'll have to change platforms via an overpass, I'll have about 40kgs of luggage with me (and a cat). Are the platforms beside each other? Thanks for answering!

more
    • ColoBear's Profile Photo

Family holiday in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Jul 22, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Hi all,

I've been to Amsterdam twice with my boyfriend, but it was just us being young, drinking, smoking, blah blah. This May I want to bring my two children with me. One will be a three yr old boy, and the other will be a one yr old girl.

Im looking for any city centre hotels with balconies, as I dont want to actually leave the room for a cigarette at night☺ if anyone has any suggestions on hotels with balcony rooms, please let me know the name☺

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on what to do there with two children, feel free to inform me! I havent a clue about what their is for children, except the boat rides and zoo

Thanks in advance

more