Travel Answers
Kolkata (Calcutta)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Want to stay in kolkata with girlfriend ...

by ankan_91 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Hi friends , I will come to kolkata from coimbatore to meet my girlfriend. I want to know about good the hotel where i can stay with my girlfriend. We are not married . My budget is 4000-5000/- max per night ..

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    • Reach Kolkata airport at midnite

by Bhlian Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I will reach Kolkata airport at midnite. I'm a female traveling alone. Is it safe to take taxi from airport to sudder street? And is there anything I should be aware of? Thanks 

6 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    • Reliable Rental Car in Salt Lake Area

by krishmunn Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Can someone suggest a reliable taxi service near Salt Lake area . How much are the daily charges for a small (basic) car ?

Also, is it safe to take a Pre-Paid taxi from Airport to Salt Lake at around 10 PM. I am basically from India (not from Kolkata though) but settled in US.

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    • zuhur's Profile Photo

Kolkata, India

by zuhur Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Can people suggest do-not-miss sights for a visitor to Kolkata, India? Hope to go in November. I won't have lots of time as will be attending a conference.

11 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM
    • Voga Centres in Calcutta

by AnnabelMo Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I'm travelling to Calcutta in a month or so. Has anyone experience, or is aware of any Yoga Centre in Calcutta, or the surrounding area where i could do up to a week long, all inclusive retreat? Failing that we might do it when we get to Varanasi if anyone knows of a good Yoga Retreat there? Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    • trip to Gujarat by car

by SayanMuhury Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I am planning for a trip to Gujarat and i need a trip plan how i could cover most of Gujarat within with in 8 days in my personal car...its urgent i need to leave within 9th of october.

4 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 3:26 AM
    • want to know about tourist spot about kolkata

by sunnybhai Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I am coming kolkata on 30th September let me know the best tourist sport in kolkata .

Sunny

4 Answers Sep 27, 2013 at 7:03 AM
    • Places to Stay in Kolkata

by prashant.sh Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Hi,

I will be going to Kolkata in second week of October for the Durga puja celebrations.
      I will be traveling with my girlfriend and we plan to stay there for 3 nights.
      Can anyone please tell me about some good places to stay near the Park Street / Sudder Street area.
      My budget is around 2500-3000 per night.
      This is my first trip to Kolkata and i hope it will be a memorable one!
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • Hotel

by Collinsclan05 Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Hi There

coming to Galcutta overnight stay 9/1/14 and looking for a decent hotel that doesnt cost the earth fora family of 5.
      May have to have 2 rooms as older kids are 19 and 16 (Boys)

8 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    • moscoba's Profile Photo

Luxury hotels near Mother Theresa Home

by moscoba Online Now May 5, 2013 at 1:03 AM

How far is Hyatt Hotel Kolkatta and Obeoi Hotel from Mother Theresa Home? What is the nearest luxury hotel near Mother Theresa Home?

7 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    • anilpy's Profile Photo

Kolkatta -Tour Help

by anilpy Online Now Apr 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I am planning to visit Kolkatta next month.From 12th May to 16th May.Can anyone suggest an agency which can organise local sightseeing and Sunderbans tour/any other tour to hill stations which is suitable t be done.If anybody can offer tourist help can mail me anilpy@gmail.com

10 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    • hot summer

by ankiosa Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 5:24 AM

I am living in kharagpur and my girlfriend is living is kolkata which is 2 hours from kharagpur.I want to spend a good time with her.I don't have much money means i have nearly around 1000 rs to spend with us.We just want a quiet place where we can talk with each other smoothly.We are together from 5 am morning to 9 PM night for one day.This is just our first meeting.And the problem is that summer is very hard to survive in kolkata.so i just want suggestion from all of you how to plan for whole of the day where we can have relife.We don't want to go in hotel as we are not so aged, around 20 both of us.Where to go .please advice in the morning and in the day and in the evening

19 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    • hot summer

by ankiosa Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 4:35 AM

where to go in hot summer in kolkata.I don't have more money and i am with my girlfriend?

13 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    • pls send me how to make my passport &via

by thessjadulco Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 3:07 AM

dear sir i want to know how to make my passport&visa.my gfnd live in ur country.she wani to come india.i pay for makeing pasport &visa.pls call my gfnd mobile no.00639461798152

4 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • Cooking School

by andyho87 Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM

is anyone know if there is any indian cooking school for short period of time?perhaps daily

3 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    • davidjo's Profile Photo

HOTEL AIRWAYS LODGE

by davidjo Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 11:32 PM

hi folks, i will be arriving by air in Kolkota 21 sept and will be departing by air less than 24 hrs later and was thinking of staying at Hotel Airways Lodge as it is reasonably priced and near the airport. Has anybody stayed there before and how do you like it, or can anyone else recommend clean budget hotels very near the airport.

4 Answers Sep 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    • tour India sacred places

by subhagata Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I wanna travel from Dhaka in November. will be in kolkata on my own. then I wanna travel from kolkata by train to Vanarasi, haridhar, rishikesh, prayag and then back to kolkata. 10-12 days budget travel.can afford 600-800$ for two (me and my wife)give me all details of travel train preferably, eating, stay and seeing sacred places on budget. pl give suggestions

1 Answer Aug 24, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    • Zach7711's Profile Photo

Monsoon and travel to Kolkata

by Zach7711 Online Now Jul 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Hi

I plan to travel to Kolkata from the 9th of July 2012. Please can anyone advise me on the Monsoon season and what I may require (Besides rain protection),it is my first visit to Kolkata but second to India. As a South African I am rather excited to visit Kolkata and experience all that the city has to offer. I therefore call on any advice or suggestions that fellows travellers has to offer me.

6 Answers Aug 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM
    • grocer's Profile Photo

Bandh in Kolkata and my travel plans

by grocer Online Now Jun 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I'll be in Kolkata on the 5th of June. Will I be able to get a cab from airport to my hotel in Sudder Street amidst the on going strike? If not then what are the alternatives - is the metro operating? I'm travelling alone and can be very flexible with my itinerary. So my next question - which place in India is least affected by the strike? thanks.

9 Answers Jun 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    • revivals's Profile Photo

kolkata city

by revivals Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 4:04 AM

Hi, all

I would like to visit india and I arrive in kolkata airpot in 15 may 2012 is possible to see gangga river from this city ? What the activity we can do in kolkata ? Need ur advice

Cherrs,
      Gung

5 Answers Apr 30, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    • davidjo's Profile Photo

DURGA PUJA

by davidjo Online Now Apr 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Looks like i will be flying from Siliguri area to Kolkata on Oct 24th which according to my research coincides with the end of Durga Puja Festival. Will it be difficult to find budget accommodation. Any recommendations? I will be spending 3 or 4 nights in Kolkata before flying out, what are the "must do's"?

7 Answers Apr 23, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

Transit time

by vpas Online Now Apr 3, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Our flight is landing in Kolkata @ 8 a.m. and we have a connecting flight at 2 p.m., will we have time to visit the Kali temple? Would the traffic be too much to take the risk? What could we possibly do in the 5 hours that we have?
      Is the Iskon temple too far away from the airport?
      Thank you,
      Seetha

8 Answers Apr 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    • Route help

by Praveen3740 Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Can someone please tell me how to reach
      "UCO Bank , DD block, Sector 1, Salt lake" from the airport? Whether there is a metro option. Or other means of transport.. like Bus etc. If the question si already answered please provide the link..
      Thanks in advance,
      Praveen

• bus station to the airport

by ngaire90 Online Now Dec 17, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get from the bus station (I'm coming from Dhaka) to the airport? If it's by taxi, how much should it cost?
      Thank-you.

1 Answer Jan 30, 2012 at 1:56 AM
    • suziherbert's Profile Photo

Artland Hotel

by suziherbert Online Now Nov 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I am looking at booking a budget hotel on Kolkata (with a pool) and was recommended the Artland Hotel. I want to be able to reach Eaden Gardens to see a cricket match there. How far away is it from the hotel ?

If it is a long way from the hotel, can anyone recomend another hotel ?

Many Thanks

9 Answers Jan 20, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    • Travel in and around Kalkata

by dinanath Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 1:39 AM

After alighting from Kalka Mail train how does one commute to visit religions places/shrines in Kalkata especially when one is conducting a special tour of devotees mostly Kali Devotees. Special mention to be made about Dakshineshwari Temple and Kali Temple at Kalighat among other related religions places?

2 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    • smartraveller's Profile Photo

Calcutta sightseeing and around

by smartraveller Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Hi everyone, I will be visiting Calcutta for business mid November ad then plan to take some leisure time to visit the city, what and how Calcutta can be seen? Any ideas of tour operators that can arrange daily city tours with a guide? Any chances for touring the nearby areas/cities, what will be worth seeing in let's say a week time? many thanks in advance.

1 Answer Oct 17, 2010 at 12:54 AM
    • BUSES NUMBER /ROUTE NUMBER OF BUSES

by manojk2711 Online Now Sep 22, 2010 at 6:18 PM

i would like to know is there any volvo buses from kolkata airport to hotel golden park. what other buses number on same route ?
      thanking you.
      Manoj

1 Answer Sep 29, 2010 at 4:24 AM
    • Malaria and floods in Kolkata

by dooplodicus Online Now Aug 31, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Hi everyone!

I am planning on visiting Kolkata for 4 nights in September. Do I need to be concerned about Malaria? And are there many floods at this time of year?

Thanks so much!

4 Answers Sep 15, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    • Charges and rules for stag entry

by kanisko Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 11:36 AM

stag are allowed at Tantra or Shisha or venom?? In case wht will be the charges??

1 Answer Aug 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM