Kolkata (Calcutta) Travel Answers

change location

tour India sacred places

by subhagata Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I wanna travel from Dhaka in November. will be in kolkata on my own. then I wanna travel from kolkata by train to Vanarasi, haridhar, rishikesh, prayag and then back to kolkata. 10-12 days budget travel.can afford 600-800$ for two (me and my wife)give me all details of travel train preferably, eating, stay and seeing sacred places on budget. pl give suggestions

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • tayloretc's Profile Photo

Re: tour India sacred places

by tayloretc Online Now Aug 24, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I'm afraid you're asking for a lot of detail without giving enough information. For example, do you mean600-800 US, or some other currency? Does your 10-12 days include your stay in Kolkata?

When you say Prayag, do you mean Rudra Prayag? If so, Haridwar to Rudra Prayag is a well-travelled pilgrim route, so you should have regular options for buses, at least (I'm less sure about trains). You should also be able to find pilgrim-style accommodation and decent food in all those places. I stayed in a couple of places run by Gharwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN gmvnl.com/newgmvn/touristbun.... Note, I did not stay with them in Haridwar, Rishikesh, or Rudra Prayag, but the other locations were decent enough for the money.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines