Kolkata (Calcutta) Travel Answers

change location
hugobaur's Profile Photo

Hotel close to Kolkata Airport

by hugobaur Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Hi all. I shall be arriving at Kolkata Airport around midnight and would like to spend the night at a hotel located close to the airport.
Is the MBD Hotel operational? In January 2008 it looked empty and in disrepair.
Do you know the Ashok Hotel?
Can you recommend any decent hotel located close to Kolkata Airport.
Many thanks for your assistance.

Quote & Answer
13 Answers
  • bkarjee's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel close to Kolkata Airport

by bkarjee Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 6:31 PM

There is one Airport Ashok Hotel near Kolkata airport. Just 1 KM from Netaji Subhash International Airport (Name of Kolkata International airport). If I am not mistaken, the room tariff is around USD 100 per night.
    If you are not very fussy about one night sleep, you can try the dormitory facility available for air travellers at Kolkata airport.
    CALCUTTA AIRPORT REST ROOMS
    Airports Authority of India
    Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport,
    Kolkata - 52
    Tel: +91 33 552 9547; +91 33 552 9172
    Retiring Room - Rs. 350 per bed
    Family Room - Rs. 500 per room
    45 bedded dormitory - Rs. 50 per bed
    For Air transit passengers holding confirmed onward ticket within 24 hours.
    Food available at the Airport Restaurant

There is another Hotel close to the Kolkata International airport. I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times. Good enough for spending a night. Dont expect a lot. All the rooms are below Rs 1000
    This is just an ordinary hotel but very close to International airport and they provide Airport Transfers
    Hotel Airways Lodge
    #2, Jessore Road
    Opposite Airport Gate number 2
    Phone: +91 33-25127280, +91 33 25129325

Hope this helps
    BK

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ashisharyan's Profile Photo

by ashisharyan Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 2:33 AM

i think all information has been already mentioned...so do have a gud sleep..

• hugobaur's Profile Photo

by hugobaur Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM

Many thanks, bkarjee, for your detailed info on hotels at Kolkata Airport. This is very helpful indeed.

• hugobaur's Profile Photo

by hugobaur Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM

Many thanks, bkarjee, for your detailed info on hotels at Kolkata Airport. This is very helpful indeed.

• Re: Hotel close to Kolkata Airport

by SamratB Online Now Mar 5, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Does anybody know if the rest rooms/retiring rooms at the airport are in the domestic terminal or at the international terminal.

• ashisharyan's Profile Photo

by ashisharyan Online Now Mar 7, 2009 at 2:52 AM

the rest rooms are avaiable both in the national and international airport....

by SamratB Online Now Mar 7, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Thanks Ashish for the reply.
    Did you mean the retiring rooms that can be rented for a fee are available both in the domestic and the international terminal. I understand the Calcutta airort has the two terminals side by side but they are not connected. So you have to come out of one and get into the other.

I will be arriving at the international terminal late night, wondering if I have to go to the domestic terminal for the rooms.

Thanks in advance.

by SamratB Online Now Mar 7, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Thanks Ashish for the reply.
    Did you mean the retiring rooms that can be rented for a fee are available both in the domestic and the international terminal. I understand the Calcutta airort has the two terminals side by side but they are not connected. So you have to come out of one and get into the other.

I will be arriving at the international terminal late night, wondering if I have to go to the domestic terminal for the rooms.

Thanks in advance.

• bkarjee's Profile Photo

by bkarjee Online Now Mar 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I stayed at the retiring room on 09 Feb 09, located at level 2 of the International terminal (Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Internatiinal airport). Now, they have done away with advance booking of these retiring rooms. The rooms are given away on first come first serve basis. One pre-requisite for staying in these retiring rooms is that you should have onward flight booking (either an international or a domestic flight connection). In order to avail this room, you should proceed to Airport Manager's office located between Arrival lounge and departure lounge of International terminal. The Air con rooms costed me Rs 1000/- for one night and it had two single beds. The room was kind of OK for a night.
    For those who are hungry, there is a good restaurant just next to the retiring rooms.

by salempeacock Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Guys,
    Thank you very much for the information. I will be arriving at Kolkata domestic airport at 8pm on 9th April and my connecting flight to Guwahati will be at 10.55am on 10th April. I was worried about my overnight stay. By what you people are saying I can get a retiring room in the domestic airport itself! That's good.

by curios007 Online Now Sep 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Hi, where did you finally manage to stay? I would also need a room for the day preferably at the airport retiring room on 24th September 09 (Thursday). Could you please share your experience? thanks

• samitbabu's Profile Photo

by samitbabu Online Now Apr 21, 2010 at 2:43 AM

Lake Town ( 6 Kms from Kolkata has a decent hotel)
    There is also Hotel Downtown nearby ( 3kms)...little crampy with a bar thronged by Locals there)Hotel Ashoka is closed now.

by arnab127 Online Now Sep 11, 2010 at 8:02 AM

If u want to stay in near dumdum airport for morning or late night flight Sree gruru Paying guest house will be the one of the best chose.It is just out side of airport Gate No-2 i.e walking distance from airport domestic terminal. You can get non ac room with double bed with attach bathroom only from 350 rs. you can get 3 and more bed room also.
    cont-- Tapan saha +91 9239353136 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +91 9239353136

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines