I will be in Almaty for a month (mid-July to mid-August), teaching at KIMEP. I have several questions:
1) Is there a possibility of finding (buying) an inexpensive basic bicycle for transportation?
2) Is there an English-language book exchange in the area (so I don't have to too many paperbacks)?
3) I don't know if the University has a swimming pool I can use, but if not, can anyone tell me the cost for a one-month membership / pass to use the Central Swimming Pool, or as alternative the CK Rakhat Fitness?
4) I see several tennis courts; is tennis popular? Might I be able to find some doubles play?
5) Looking at Lonely Planet (which seems to have the most complete description), it appears that the public transit system is meager. Will it be of much use to me from the area where KIMEP is located?
6) Other than "pubs" or drinking, what are the evening / weekend social activities?
Thanks in advance!
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2015 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|