change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hike wonderlake

Denali National Park and Preserve Apr 11, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Hello

I want to go to wonderlake for 3 days and take a hike on the backcountry in the south, some of it has t renseingements on southern wonderlake?

thank you

more
    • exit glacir for free

Seward Apr 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi, anyone knows if can i hike to te exit glaciar for free , or i must get a guided tour?
      Thanks

more
    • Historic sites in Sitka

Sitka Apr 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Can you hop on and off a bus or other transportation to see the different historic sites?

more
    • travel by air

Nome Mar 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Why aren't there any flights out of Nome in the morning? Tx :)

more
    • Magic Bus - Christopher McCandless

Alaska Mar 31, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Hi,

My name is Gary and I'm currently looking to book an extended trip to travel across America. One of the locations I would like to visit it The 'Magic' Bus just off the Stampede Trail. When would be the safest time of year to hike out to the bus and are there also any tour guides who would accompany heading out there? I just wanted to check as I would rather not go out alone.

I would be grateful for any information you could give me.

Thanks

Gary

more
    • July 2009 trip to Kodiak...need some answers

by pogopat Online Now Jun 7, 2009 at 1:59 PM

We are coming to go a mission trip--vbs for a small church there. Most days will be working with the children from 1-4. I would like to go kayaking, but do not want to go with a group tour type thing. Is there anyone who does kayaking around this area more one on one?

Also...might be interested in hiking.

Husband will probably be fishing...so...I want to do something more to my interests.

Pat

1 Answer Jun 8, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    • kodiak ak coast guard base

by pinospoint Online Now Jan 17, 2009 at 12:35 PM

my father was statione there in the navy in 1953 and 1954. we are planning a visit to kodiak. he would like to go on base to see how much it has changed since he was there and to relive the memories. how do we get a pass to do this?
      we will be there may 19 thru 21. please contact me back. thank you

2 Answers Mar 3, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    • a96m97's Profile Photo

flying from Anchorage and back

by a96m97 Online Now May 16, 2006 at 6:47 AM

We have booked a 3-night bear viewing tour in Uyak Bay from Aug. 23 to 26.
      First, we will have to fly to Kodiak from Anchorage. Then we will reach Uyak Bay by floatplane.
      I have heard the weather is often rainy and/or foggy in Kodiak Island.
      I think the floatplane trips' schedule may easily change.
      But what about the flights from/to Anchorage?
      Does it often happen that they are cancelled or delayed because of bad weather?
      There are several daily flights and I don't know whether I should book much in advance or later on or ... ?
      When a flight is cancelled because of weather, does the airline usually try to move people to the next available flight automatically?
      Many thanks for any suggestions about this subject.

4 Answers Jun 8, 2006 at 10:07 AM
    • Campgrounds/RV parks?

by Luddy Online Now Apr 8, 2006 at 8:07 AM

We will be bringing our small motorhome in June. Any suggestions where the best place(s) to stay might be??? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 8, 2009 at 5:57 PM
    • daryleann's Profile Photo

One day visit - suggestions?

by daryleann Online Now Apr 2, 2006 at 11:16 AM

OUr cruise ship will be in Kodiak Mon 15 May, all day. What are some suggestions that we should see? Is there a tour company that takes people to the bear refuge?
      Thanks for any help.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2006 at 10:21 AM
    • leauh2o's Profile Photo

How do you get around?

by leauh2o Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 3:09 PM

I am hoping to travel to Kodiak Alaska in July 2006. I will be on a limited budget. Does anyone know if there is an inexpensive way to travel around? Public transit, bike rentals etc.
      I have tried to find this out but have been unsuccessful.
      Thanks

• leauh2o's Profile Photo

Getting around Kodiak

by leauh2o Online Now Mar 9, 2006 at 6:15 PM

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I maybe traveling to Kodiak this summer on a very limited budget. What is the best way to get around? Is there taxi service from the airport to Kodiak? Is renting a bike a good idea? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 13, 2006 at 3:13 PM
    • Bear Viewing Excursion

by Pocoglow Online Now Aug 19, 2005 at 11:55 AM

We will be in Kodiak (just for the day) in May 2006 when the Statendam stops here. Are there are recommendations for companies that provide the bear viewing experience? Thank you.

• kyjenna's Profile Photo

last minute trip - need some advice

by kyjenna Online Now Feb 6, 2005 at 10:55 PM

i'm taking a last-minute, short trip to kodiak this thursday (feb 10) through tuesday. this is my first trip. i need any pointers on what to pack. i'm trying to take basics, but i get cold so easily. i know it's going to be frigid up there but am not sure what's enough and what will be too much. if anyone has any advice regarding gear - or anything else that would help someone new to alaska traveling - it would be much appreciated. thanks, jenna

3 Answers Feb 13, 2005 at 5:10 PM