Kodiak Island Travel Answers

change location

Campgrounds/RV parks?

by Luddy Online Now Apr 8, 2006 at 8:07 AM

We will be bringing our small motorhome in June. Any suggestions where the best place(s) to stay might be??? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • AnninAlaska's Profile Photo

RE: Campgrounds/RV parks?

by AnninAlaska Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 2:23 PM

Invest in a Milepost available at most bookstores, or pick up Bells Travel Guide (free at gas stations/ visitor centers along the way) Alaska/Yukon Magazine (also free at gas stations/visitor centers) plan your route and check out campground websites. I am partial to Sourdough Campground (owner, ;-)) but it all depends on what style camping you like. I see thousands of tourists all summer and they rave of their Alaska experience on their way out! Have fun!
    Happy travels!
    Ann

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Re: Campgrounds/RV parks?

by RickinDutch Online Now Jun 8, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Hope I'm not too late.
    There are several nice places close to town for a small RV. Fort Abercrombie is a very scenic little spot just north of town. Buskin River is just south of town just before you reach the airport. More spots and great fishing in June.
    The road goes for 40 miles south from town and there are a number of scenic spots. Not really official campgrounds (i.e. electricity and water) but beautiful.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines