Kodiak

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transportation

Juneau Jul 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I'm arriving on a cruise ship and would like to see the Rie Munoz gallery. What is the best way to get there from the cruise ship and back?

Also, if I wanted to go to from the ship to the Gallery to the Glacier and then back to the ship, what is the best transportation. This ship arrives at 1pm.

more
    • Vacation in November

Fairbanks Jul 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Would I have enough to do in Fairbanks for 5 night visit in November?

more
    • Transportation from railroad to ship in Seward

Seward Jun 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM

What transportation is available from the railroad depot to the ship in Seward? What is the cost?

more
    • cbarbosa's Profile Photo

Juneau July 2014

Juneau Jun 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM

hi there, Mid july : is it crowded in Juneau ? what hotel (quiet/ a bit remote/with all amedities/close to the water) would y'all recommend ?

more
    • Juneau for a day

Juneau Jun 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM

In Juneau 1-10pm, August 22. Will be renting a car to go to Mendenhall Glacier. Any suggestions on places to drive to see more of Juneau?

more
    • Where is a good place to do target shooting on the road system in Kodiak?

by Ionian1 Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Where is a good place to do target shooting on the road system in Kodiak?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 9:34 AM
    • kodiak Fort Abercrombie etc

by mheidt Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 5:49 PM

We will be arriving in Kodiak via cruise ship. If we want to go to Ft. Abercrombie State Park, is there any public transportation to get there from the pier? Are there taxis in town, or would I need to rent a car? We will only have about 5 hrs to explore the area-- any other suggestions? thanks in advance for the help.

3 Answers Jul 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    • would love some suggestions

by tyandbensmom Online Now Jul 31, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Hi, I will be traveling from Massachusetts To Kodiak in a few weeks, and would love some suggestions as to what to do, bring, pack, etc.

Should I pack really warm? Fleece and Gortex jacket enough? Hiking boots? Shorts? does it get warm?

I would love to go kayaking for a day trip. can anyone recommend a few places?

How about good places to eat?

I am planning on renting a car to see the entire island. any places that are a must see?

Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 4, 2009 at 1:02 PM
    • housing/work exchange

by lizzyd17 Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 10:22 AM

I will be in Alaska this summer, traveling solo. Anyone know about housing/work exchange in Kodiak, Anchorage,Denali or somewhere in that region? i would like to find a way to travel cheaply, meet people, and have time for adventure.

• kodiak to sitka by boat

by gofish49 Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 8:36 PM

I'm looking at a boat in Chignik,a 42' x 14' seiner.Plan on running it up to kodiak to make sure everthing is in top shape then run to Sitka and from there to Seattle.Does anyone know the approximate distance and when would the weather be best?Thanks for any info,Brian

1 Answer Apr 11, 2006 at 10:05 AM
    • mudymntbiker's Profile Photo

east point seafoods canery

by mudymntbiker Online Now Oct 14, 2003 at 8:45 PM

I used to live in Kokiak. I worked at the East Point Seafoods canery. It was next door to the Moony canery. It was next to the haubor. The pictures I have seen on the VT show what looks like an ocean liner where the caneries used to be. What happend to the caneris? Does the city still stink like canery? Thanks Mudymntbiker

2 Answers Feb 2, 2007 at 3:08 PM