Kodiak Travel Answers

change location
mudymntbiker's Profile Photo

east point seafoods canery

by mudymntbiker Online Now Oct 14, 2003 at 8:45 PM

I used to live in Kokiak. I worked at the East Point Seafoods canery. It was next door to the Moony canery. It was next to the haubor. The pictures I have seen on the VT show what looks like an ocean liner where the caneries used to be. What happend to the caneris? Does the city still stink like canery? Thanks Mudymntbiker

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • kaloz's Profile Photo

Re: east point seafoods canery

by kaloz Online Now Oct 27, 2003 at 7:34 PM

Hi from Kodiak: The fishing industry has been changing since you were here, and though there are still caneries (mostly on Shelikof) they are not as busy as they once were. The Moony canery is still in operation, and they have opened a seafood restaurant next door, in the old powerhouse. If you want to get the smell of the caneries, go to Shelikof St.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: east point seafoods canery

by omeryildirim Online Now Feb 2, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Hello,

My name is Omer Yildirim from Turkey. While I was serfing on the net I have seen your writing as below on a forum page called virtualtourist. I have worked in Kodiak seafoods in 2003 with Work And Travel program. Last year myself and my fried have set up a company which is dealing with with this program. With this program university students, have a legal rights to work in USA for four months from June till mid November.

We sent 35 students in Kodiak last year to True World Seafood Company. This year we want to send more students to Kodiak and also other seafood companies in Alaska. What I request from you, could you help me in placing our students in Kodiak? I mean if you can advice me some factories from Kodiak or other cities from Alaska I would be greatly appreciate.

Thank you for attention my email. My email address is: omer@campusum.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines