Kodaikanal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Places around/near by kodaikanal

by ramkumar.santhu Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM

we are planning to visit kodaikanal on 30th April for 3 days. We came to know that in 2 days we can cover all the places in kodaikanal. Are there any good/must visit places around kodaikanal to visit on 3rd day.

2 Answers Yesterday
    • bus facilities to reach observatory

by navyagopal Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 5:13 AM

i wanted to know if whether i do have an government bus facilities to travel from kodaikanal to kodaikanal observatory from morning 5 to evening

1 Answer Apr 20, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    • Kodai Rd to Kodaikanal

by Louthulin Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 9:09 AM

we are trying to plan our journey to Kodaikanal with our two young children. Therefore, we are worndering how long the journey from Kodai Rd to Kodaikanal is? I know it is 80 km but how long does it take (by train or taxi)? And I have read that the buses are very crowded?

Many thanks

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    • RavikiranK's Profile Photo

trip during dec end

by RavikiranK Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I am planning a trip with my kid (6 yrs) and wife for kodai between 25th to 29th dec 2013. we are used to bangalore climate. Would like to know will the climate be bearable or its too cold and foggy. we can bear till 18 degress. pls suggest.

5 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 4:43 AM
    • Travel between places in kodaikanal

by sathya_srinivas16 Online Now May 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I wanted to know if there are Government or private bus facilities in Kodaikanal to go from one tourist place to another as call taxi charges are too high !!

3 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM
    • Coimbatore to Kodaikanal

by KunjArora Online Now May 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

how to reach kodaikanal from coimbatore as cab charges are really to much...can anyone suggest hws the govt bus transport and is there any private bus service directly for kodaikanal?

an early reply will be highly appreciated

2 Answers May 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    • Tiruchirappalli - kodainkanal - Kerala -Tiruchirappalli

by ajluvtravel Online Now Dec 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM

hi i'm planning for a family trip of 4 adults ( 2 old ppl) sometime in May.
      We plan to visit Kodaikanal,Kerala and finally take a flight back from Tiruchirappalli international airport. so how do i get from Tiruchirappalli to Kodaikanal and from there to Kerala? we would love to try a comfortable train ride in the middle.could anyone suggest the best route.

13 Answers Mar 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    • Visit to Kodaikanal in June end or July end

by milind.karoor Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I have no other alternative than to visit kodaikanal for one week either in June end or July end.
      Is the kodailkanal climate suitable for this time.

3 Answers Jun 15, 2012 at 5:16 AM
    • Need contact number or website link

by rajar Online Now Dec 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Hi,
      I like stay in club india resort, poompari, Kodai. I need valid contact number for the same. Already i stayed last year. I missed the contact number. Any know, update it..thanks in advance.

3 Answers Dec 15, 2011 at 1:48 AM
    • Transport Kodaikanla to Thekkady

by sninad Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Hi,

I am planning to stay in kodaikanal on 31st August for 1 day. From there I want to proceed to Thekkady in the morning.

But I am not able to find a suitable trasport as I don't have my own vehicle.

Can someone please adivice on the best way to travel from Kodai to Thekkady?

Thanks in advance!

Ninad

3 Answers Aug 20, 2011 at 6:32 AM
    • right time.

by nasrin.ladak Online Now May 20, 2011 at 7:25 AM

I plan to go to kodaikanal on 28th may 2011 is this the right time to go there how will the climate be ther.

2 Answers May 22, 2011 at 10:57 PM
    • What all to pack ?

by eldose Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 3:30 AM

We're (my wife & I) planing to visit Kodaikanal from the 8th of April to the 10th of April. Kindly advice us on what all to pack - especially clothing- for our trip.

1 Answer Mar 19, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    • Travel from Kodai to coorg

by vedhetal Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Hello,
      I am travelling to kodai from mumbai by train.

After staying 2 nights want to travel to coorg.

plz suggest which transport will be good. Bus or taxi.
      ALSO HOW MANY HOURS JOURNEY IT WILL BE APPX. COZ HAVE A 2YR BABY ALONG THANKS.

1 Answer Mar 19, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    • visiting kodaikanal in thhe last week of december

by lucky_ashu Online Now Dec 17, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Hi,

I am planning to visit kodaikanal in the last week of december.Please let me know the wheather conditions.Is it adviceble to go in dec.Will i be able to cover all the sight seeing palces.Will there be fog during this time.Please share your thoughts also your experience if any one has gone to kodai in December

Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 17, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    • distance between kodaikanal from Madurai

by deepak1705 Online Now Dec 2, 2010 at 10:24 PM

how far is kodaikanal from Madurai. what are the taxi charges for one way and both ways

1 Answer Dec 12, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    • weather in mid october

by musaphir Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 2:17 AM

hi members
      can you please advise on the likely weather conditions in mid october in kodaikanal?

is it likely to be very wet?
      regards
      musaphir

2 Answers Jul 23, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    • ooty-munnar-kodekanal-tekkady trip

by dmudugal Online Now May 12, 2010 at 12:41 AM

hi i want to visit these places with my family between june 27th to july 4th. please say me how the climate will be..

13 Answers Jul 2, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    • Kodai - Hotel Query

by varams Online Now Apr 14, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Dear Friends

I am planning to Visit Kodai during first week of May10. I have identified two hotels for my stay of two days (1) Hotel Silver Springs 2) Hotel Raahat Inn.

Can you confirm which one of the above hotel is better so that i can proceed with the booking

3 Answers May 26, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    • KodaiKanal Visit on 21st Nov - Need Some advice

by Vatu Online Now Nov 15, 2009 at 6:48 AM

As i mention in the title, we are planing to visit KodaiKanal on 21st Nov. So kinldy let me know how it the weather there. Some sources told me Heavy rain and try to cancel it.

So kindly let me know about the weather conditions, is the right time to visit or not.

And kindly suggest me some gooe 5 stat and 4 star hotels there

3 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 8:17 PM
    • Going on 11 July for 2 nights 3 days. need good hotel info.

by ravirathi Online Now Jul 5, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Hi,

I am going to Kodaikanal this weekend from Bangalore by Train to Kodai Road.
      Would be greatful if someone can help me with the following.
      1. where should i get down (Kodai Road or DINDIGUL JN)to catch Bus/Taxi to Kodaikanal town. I can go for Taxi if its below 1000 Rs If really Bus servcie is not good.
      2. Which hotel is better to stay for good view. I heard the "Villa retreat" is nice with some good valley view but can get the availabilty :(. Carlton is bit on some higher side. Any views for Valley View Inn/Sterling resort/Kodai Resort or any other good hotel/resort within 3000 Rs range (per night).
      Please suggest since i have very less time.
      3. Is it good enough 2 night 3 days stay in Kodai. Also would like to know places to visit there.

Thanks in Advance,
      Ravindra

4 Answers May 26, 2010 at 6:48 AM
    • travelers in kodaikanal in may/june

by keshav_bombay Online Now May 14, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Hey everyone,
      I will be in kodai between the 23rd of may and the 7th of june. Looking forward to explore the place. Anyone in kodai at that time? Maybe we could meet..
      mail me at keshav1990@gmail.com

• Trekking in Kodaikanal

by Jse237 Online Now Apr 8, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Hi,

Iam planning a visit to Kodaikanal in southern India. ANy tips on good trekking spots? What about kodai munnar treks?

Are there any good outfits that provide trekking guides and accomodation?

I have done research and came across a few sites :

http://www.360inn.com

http://www.getoffurass.com

munnarpackages.com/trekking....

can anyone help me on the reliability of the above service providers?

thanks

Jim

3 Answers May 23, 2009 at 12:12 AM
    • Information and Best Time to Visit

by incahmednagar Online Now Nov 14, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Dear All,

I am planning to Visit Kodikanal in the Second Week of December 2008 is it the good time or their will lot of Cold Will I be able to cover all the Sight Seeing Places in Kodikanaland near by.

Please guide.

Regards,

2 Answers Nov 15, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    • kodaikanal trip

by boopathyg Online Now Oct 13, 2008 at 2:20 AM

planning a trip to kodaikanal on december end - is that good time?

1 Answer Oct 13, 2008 at 12:12 PM
    • Visit end of July first week of August

by anuradha811 Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 10:48 PM

We are planning to visit Kodaikkanal by last week of July or first week of August.. Will the weather be totally rainy??

Which hotel or cottage is better to stay

3 Answers Jul 18, 2008 at 3:46 AM
    • Advice on Visit to Kodaikanal in end June

by AKMA Online Now May 19, 2008 at 1:57 AM

Planning to be in Kodaikanal on 25th & 26th June. Need advice on the following :

1) Are any Bed & Breakfast/paying Guest or private Bungalow facilities available for a homely stay there. Is yes, then could you send in contact details. If no, then best staying place with a homely atmosphere.

2) Planning to hire a Qualis or similar vehicle from Madurai, visit Rameswaram, Kodaikanal & return to Bangalore. Any tip or advice on the same & the likely rates.

Any othere useful tips or Advice on Visit to Rameswaram, Madurai & Kodaikanal area also welcome

• akm5395's Profile Photo

road trip from palakkad to palani

by akm5395 Online Now Mar 15, 2008 at 7:59 AM

i would like to know how to get to kodaikanal from palakkad by road. distance and details if possible for a group of six adults and five children

2 Answers Mar 15, 2008 at 8:33 PM
    • Kodaikanal trip in March - Is this a good time?

by RishIndia Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Hi,

I am planning to go for a vaccation with my family in first week of March.
      I read somewhere that travelling in March to Kodaikanal should be avoided as this is a very wet and cold season.
      Can you guys please comment on this? Has anyone been to Kodai in this part of year?
      Also can you please provide inputs on which is the best hotel to stay in?

Rishabh

2 Answers Feb 20, 2008 at 2:51 AM
    • Morning bus from Kodaikanal to Bangalore?

by madhavi.ochani Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Hello all,
      I wanted to know if there's any morning bus from Kodaikanal to Bangalore. Our check-out from hotel is at 10 am and the whole day we have to wait for the evening bus or look for other options. I'm not sure what a hired car will cost.We are two adults and an infant(which is why we would find it very inconvenient to wait after check-out). We are planning to leave Kodai on Feb 26th 2008.
      Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

• weather forcast for Sep30th-oct2nd 2007

by sowmyaraj Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 3:36 AM

Hi,
      Iam Planning a trip to kodai from 30th to oct 2nd acn you please let me know the weather forecast

1 Answer Dec 29, 2007 at 8:29 PM